AI...hmm.. it started good.

BoB Hope ONER

yeah.. then.. 2 hours. later i was just like.. huh? this is ultra... random.

well now ive successfully stayed awake through a whole kubrick film on the first try. the shining is the only one ive watched without falling asleep.

well.. some of the special effects.. top notch.. and the bear.. man.. ..

i swear.. how much fucking crack were they smoking..

plot.. went out the window.

saw another movie last night. i thought it was pretty amazing visually. have to remember the name... ill get some background on it..

ok.. back to work with me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Bloody Fetus:

AI is a Speilberg movie.

it is now, it was a kubrick film until he asked spielberg to direct because it was more in spielbergs genre. kubrick developed it for i think over 15 years.

[This message has been edited by racecar (edited 06-30-2001).]

regardless of plot the visual techniques used in kubrik films are always enough to keep me enjoying the movie....i mean....eyes wide shut???? wtf.....the directing completly save that movie for me.

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

shit...everyone is giving this movie a sideways thumb .....hmmm...i'm going on tuesday to see for myself......hows jude

law in it???? how about the soundtrack???

i actually feel confident i'll love this movie, usually

when there's bad or mediocre reviews, it turns out excellent.

Guest TEARZ

man. bob i feel similar to you...

some amazing parts, but on the whole, it was pee pee.

twinkie, i don't think you're gonna like it man. i actually thought of you when i went because of the thread you started on here before. your boy jude law was aight; i can see him being a highlight in many peoples eyes.

i wanted to like it. it just didn't come through though.

bob, how kubrickesque was the flesh fair?

the bear dominated.

hhah ahh the bear.

hey tears.. i found you! youre it.

jude was good.. had some witty lines and penache for sure. and.. he makes girls melt like butter. its scary how plasticky they make him..on purpose of course.

tearz for sure the fleshfair idea wise. the chasing and such.. very kubrick but.. then the actual arena was a bit more hollywood.

i liked the way they threw the bear around to kind of show you the whole scene.

it was scary. all it brought up was images of concentration camps in the back of my head.

Yea, Kubrik's cool and all........

BUT CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN SPACE ODDESY 2001?! THE WHOLE FILM IS FUCKING CONFUSING. THE BIG BLACK DOOR, THE BABY, DEATH, REBIRTH, THE WHOLE TRIP SCENE. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, I DON'T KNOW IF ITS A PIECE OF ART OR A PIECE OF SHIT! maybe if i was tripping it would have made more sense

dubyah doesn't get 2001......are you in character or for real?

um....tearz, we'll see. we will see.

i thought eyes wide shut was pretty dope when i saw it the first

time in the theater, but the second time on video.....it just didn't come

off at all....so what, kubrick is still a lord....

back to the page icon....

[This message has been edited by brown twinkie (edited 07-01-2001).]

final fantasy is going to be bull shit.. its going to be just something pulled out of someones ass with acouple of the same character names.. i cant believe they are actually trying to pull off that space adventure shooting type shit.. and slap the name final fantasy on it.. OH MY FUCKING GOD I HATE PEOPLE JUST IN IT FOR THE MONEY.

well.....not that my opinion counts for shit or anyone gives a hoot...but i went and saw it tonight and........i was blown away. i knew it was going to be an awesome picture....

.......its still sinking in........kubrick-isms galore...i never could make my mind up about spielberg, but after this......fuck....the guy is sick.....

....wow.....i've been trying all night

to make myself get into an objective mindframe, but ahhh....

its hopeless, i loved it. the second half, ending whatever you want to

call it wasn't very hard to grasp...to me anyhow......i have nothing bad to say....

tearz: "on the whole it was pee pee"......man....you really feel that way???

dibs: "i was disapointed,i dont know where the story was going.but he bear was the only thing holding the movie together."....huh?

its funny....on the way out of the theater, me and my girlfriend overheard

some loud mouth lady ranting about how ridiculous it all was and that it was so fake, ridiculous and unbelievable....IMO some people have no idea....its a movie....for now.

[This message has been edited by brown twinkie (edited 07-04-2001).]

Guest TEARZ

hahaha, twinkie. that's great. i had a feeling you'd like it. i don't know why. about it being pee.... well honestly i didn't like it too much. it obviously wasn't pee, i was being silly and attempting to make a funny overstatement. but i really feel like it didn't work. there were sequences that were unbelievable. amazing. moments that were ferocious. but it couldn't hang in there for 10 rounds. story-wise, effects-wise, visually, etc... it won three rounds, and one of those was a bonus that i give it just for being a hollywood joint that really made a bold departure from the same old shit.

but then again i'm not really a film dude. i hate most movies. i go mainly to be entertained, but maybe i go with a different subset of expectations than people that are really into film and specific directors and all that. i dunno. i'm open. i'd be really interested to know what made you so blown away by it... what worked for ya.... it makes me happy that you like it. it's been getting pooped on a lot. even out the scales.

well...thats pretty hard to do....like trying to explain why a piece of art kills you.....or music...but...

i think alot of it has to do with my interests....or semi interests...i'm fairly interested in whats going on with advancements in computers, robotics, nano...etc...so, from there i've heard and read alot of industry insider stuff.....and from that, heard what is coming in terms of real world technology and its potential.....um, the way we've progressed, the way we're progressing now...i think its safe to say that there are some huge issues and advancements coming...so.......its all very interesting to me....i probably romanticize it alot too......i loved matrix, cuz it was futuristic, techy etc....i love that shit if its done well....existenz too...i saw that with my treeplanting crew at the theatres when it came out and my whole crew just couldn't grasp it, or didn't want to, so they made fun of it...which was very amusing, in a sad sort of way...........i've been waiting for something futuristic that could be held in the same light, ironically, as 2001 for awhile now....so many of these space, future movies outta hollywood just completely blow...there's no substance..

trust me man, i'm so not a hollywood guy.....i fuckin' hate hollywood and its effects(special and cultural)...so.......i don't know...the subject matter combined with the visuals and direction just did it for me.....the acting was surprisingly good as well.....something i'm always wary of....but even in the scenes i found a bit...unnatural or had a hint of fakeyness(bad word)....to me that doesn't really take away from it overall....i can see where some people may have found some parts a bit much or cheesy or whatever, but...for me thats kinda petty considering the overall whole of it and its subject....who else could have pulled this kind of film off??? nobody...

a film like this just makes me zone out and think about what a strange existence ours is and where its headed(based on the information i've let influence me and my own beliefs)..............................................i'm pretty stoked.

[This message has been edited by brown twinkie (edited 07-04-2001).]

Archived