Ah made yous cunts in ma ain image. Yous git oan wi it; yous fuckin well sort it oot.

Ski Mask

"Jist hud oan a minute, pal. Lit's git one thing straight. Every fuckin time ah come doon here, some wide-o pills ays up aboot what ah should n shouldnae be fuckin daein. Either that or ah huv tae enter intae some philisophical fuckin discourse wi some wee undergraduate twat aboot the nature ay masel, the extent ay ma omnipotence n aw that shite, Ah'm gittin a wee bit fed up wi aw this self-justification; it's no for yous cunts tae criticise me. Ah made yous cunts in ma ain image. Yous git oan wi it; yous fuckin well sort it oot. That cunt Nietzsche wis wide ay the mark whin he sais ah wis deid. Ah'm no deid; ah jist dinnae gie a fuck. It's no fir me tae sort every cunt's problems oot. Nae other cunt gies a fuck so how should ah? Eh?

"

-Irvine Welsh from "The Acid House"

Every time I see somthing by irvine welsh I come away with a good quote. I was looking for a different one after watching the movie last night but found this instead. I almost rented it many times but the fact that it was subtitled (trust me, you need it) put me off. Thankfully showcase ran it the other night and I caught the last two parts of it. Strange fucking movie....anybody else seen it?

was the first part I missed good enough to bother renting it to watch it all again?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by cracked ass:

Ese, read "Filth", tons of good quotes. It's his book about a fucked-up corrupt cop, who talks remarkably like the quote you posted.

Consider it added to my list of books I need to read. This quote just lept out at me cause up till yesterday I was trying to fight my way through "thus spake zarathustra" by Nietzsche and it was too dense. I couldnt give it the attention it needs.

as for "the acid house" I agree about the last one being the best. Spud from trainspotting was fucking hysterical in the post-transformation scenes when he was a child again. the way he just screamed at the top of his lungs had me bent over laughing.

I caught all of "the soft touch" and it was just ugly. nothing really worth watching it for. I think I will have to rent it now just to see the first...and the last again.

so question whats his writing style? i mean does he really write like the quote...cracked is it a tough read? cause i really liked his movies...i found out danny boyle directed both trainspotting and shallow grave, and john hodge helped welsh write trainspotting and hodge wrote shallow grave...has any else seen shallow grave...that ending was my definition of good cinema....

yea, i saw that shit on showcase like two nites ago... taped it too.... the last story was definatly the best.... the funniest was when the baby was drunk, when he was sucking on the tit, and when they were in the pub at the end mobbing up for some hooligan action..lol its just so funny to here a baby saying cunt.... but yea irving welsh is the shit, the trainspotting book is so much better then the movie.

"A'm a HIBS boy!!!"

Guest Remy Martin

Trainspotting is super good read..the movie is just one plot out of the book..i had to read it twice cause the first time i read it so fucking slow..

Irvine Welsh has skill.

Guest cracked ass

Filth is a really good read, not deeply philosophical, more story oriented. It takes a little while to get up to speed with the heavy Scottish accent, but after a while you absorb it. I found myself thinking in that accent long after I finished the book.

"The cunt who invented the Kit Kat oughta fuckin well be knighted."

-Detective Inspector Bruce Robertson

irvine welsh is fucking excellent, him and iain banks are the only writers i want to keep reading...i think it was danny boyle who directed shallow grave, then trainspotting then the heap of shit that was the beach...in the film of trainspotting the redhead in the club where rentboy pulls was my old flatmate, used to go to that club too until they demolished it

• 3 weeks later...
Guest KING OF HELL

if you really want a fuck of a book to read.....try

HOUSE OF LEAVES by mark z. danielewski(sp?)

its going to fuck you all up. believe it all.

Archived