1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Ah made yous cunts in ma ain image. Yous git oan wi it; yous fuckin well sort it oot.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Ski Mask, Sep 20, 2001.

1. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

Ah made yous cunts in ma ain image. Yous git oan wi it; yous fuckin well sort it oot.

Discussion started by Ski Mask - Sep 20, 2001

"Jist hud oan a minute, pal. Lit's git one thing straight. Every fuckin time ah come doon here, some wide-o pills ays up aboot what ah should n shouldnae be fuckin daein. Either that or ah huv tae enter intae some philisophical fuckin discourse wi some wee undergraduate twat aboot the nature ay masel, the extent ay ma omnipotence n aw that shite, Ah'm gittin a wee bit fed up wi aw this self-justification; it's no for yous cunts tae criticise me. Ah made yous cunts in ma ain image. Yous git oan wi it; yous fuckin well sort it oot. That cunt Nietzsche wis wide ay the mark whin he sais ah wis deid. Ah'm no deid; ah jist dinnae gie a fuck. It's no fir me tae sort every cunt's problems oot. Nae other cunt gies a fuck so how should ah? Eh?
    "
    -Irvine Welsh from "The Acid House"

Every time I see somthing by irvine welsh I come away with a good quote. I was looking for a different one after watching the movie last night but found this instead. I almost rented it many times but the fact that it was subtitled (trust me, you need it) put me off. Thankfully showcase ran it the other night and I caught the last two parts of it. Strange fucking movie....anybody else seen it?
    was the first part I missed good enough to bother renting it to watch it all again?

Ski Mask - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  2. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Sep 20, 2001

buck wheat sings???

------------------
    brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  3. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

mental invalid - Replied Sep 20, 2001

...oooohhh...okay...i thought you were making fun of all the poor grammar on this site...ill check him out, i dunno anything about him, but i like the title...r

mental invalid - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  4. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

Ski Mask - Replied Sep 20, 2001

just to make the leap for those of you who dont know....he wrote trainspotting.

5. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

WebsterUno - Replied Sep 20, 2001

TRAINSPOTTING was a DOPE movie.
    (No pun intended)
    The ending was the best part…
    I will look into this, yes indeedy…

6. mental invalid

mental invalid - Replied Sep 20, 2001

....weve got contact!...and correct me, cause i might be wrong, but he wrote shallow grave, am i right ese? trainspotting was fucking disturbing, great camera work, and shallow grave, please, no words....r

7. Plague Language Warrior

Plague Language Warrior New Jack

Plague Language Warrior - Replied Sep 20, 2001

The first story is ok, didn't miss much, the last story is the best. Who directed it? there is some realy good cinematography in it.

The last story has some nice graff in the background.

Plague Language Warrior - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  8. cracked ass

cracked ass Guest

cracked ass - Replied Sep 20, 2001

Ese, read "Filth", tons of good quotes. It's his book about a fucked-up corrupt cop, who talks remarkably like the quote you posted.

9. touched by a priest

touched by a priest 12oz Member

touched by a priest - Replied Sep 20, 2001

for you trainspotting fans, check out a movie called twin town if you can find it. dope movie, one of the funniet this shit talker has ever seen.

touched by a priest - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  10. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

Ski Mask - Replied Sep 21, 2001

Consider it added to my list of books I need to read. This quote just lept out at me cause up till yesterday I was trying to fight my way through "thus spake zarathustra" by Nietzsche and it was too dense. I couldnt give it the attention it needs.

as for "the acid house" I agree about the last one being the best. Spud from trainspotting was fucking hysterical in the post-transformation scenes when he was a child again. the way he just screamed at the top of his lungs had me bent over laughing.
    I caught all of "the soft touch" and it was just ugly. nothing really worth watching it for. I think I will have to rent it now just to see the first...and the last again.

11. DeeTwo

DeeTwo 12oz Junior Member

DeeTwo - Replied Sep 21, 2001

also add 'Glue' to your list. (Irvine again)... top quality stuff

DeeTwo - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  12. mental invalid

mental invalid - Replied Sep 21, 2001

so question whats his writing style? i mean does he really write like the quote...cracked is it a tough read? cause i really liked his movies...i found out danny boyle directed both trainspotting and shallow grave, and john hodge helped welsh write trainspotting and hodge wrote shallow grave...has any else seen shallow grave...that ending was my definition of good cinema....

13. Step8

Step8 12oz Senior Member

Step8 - Replied Sep 21, 2001

yea, i saw that shit on showcase like two nites ago... taped it too.... the last story was definatly the best.... the funniest was when the baby was drunk, when he was sucking on the tit, and when they were in the pub at the end mobbing up for some hooligan action..lol its just so funny to here a baby saying cunt.... but yea irving welsh is the shit, the trainspotting book is so much better then the movie.
    "A'm a HIBS boy!!!"

Step8 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. Remy Martin

Remy Martin Guest

Remy Martin - Replied Sep 21, 2001

Trainspotting is super good read..the movie is just one plot out of the book..i had to read it twice cause the first time i read it so fucking slow..
    Irvine Welsh has skill.

15. cracked ass

cracked ass Guest

cracked ass - Replied Sep 21, 2001

Filth is a really good read, not deeply philosophical, more story oriented. It takes a little while to get up to speed with the heavy Scottish accent, but after a while you absorb it. I found myself thinking in that accent long after I finished the book.

"The cunt who invented the Kit Kat oughta fuckin well be knighted."
    -Detective Inspector Bruce Robertson