Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

african freights

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by suburbian bum, Feb 7, 2002.

1. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

I was reading my world studies text book last night and i saw a picture of this freight yard in Africa. They had different kind of cars but they looked simular to our ridged box cars here in america. Im guessing these probably have never been hit but i still found it interesting. It would be even cooler if these things ran the whole continent of Africa.

2. BIG T

BIG T Member

well go get 'em tiger.... just be careful not to get eaten by some wild life or run over by an elephant...:D

3. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

I don't have any facts. But I suspect that Africa lacks a wide-ranging rail network. Too many despotic governments changing hands, wars, disorganization, etc. for an evenly funded system. No doubt a handful of countries have their own systems, with the focus being on getting goods to the nearest coast for export.

4. Boring Bastard

Boring Bastard Elite Member

I had read an old article about 5 years ago in an old "UP" mag from Sweden or somewhere in the Scandinavian part of the world............It was about this kid from Africa who painted out there (in Africa) and he had a really crafty little clean style and all.........he was talking about how their yards out there are guarded with fences and razorwire and armed guards and dogs if I remember correctly?!?! He said that too many people steal shit off the trains down there for parts on their own homemade transportation vehicles so the yards stay heavily guarded for that reason!:eek:

5. .

. Guest

africa does have a freight system indeed, its smaller and not all countries are connected, alot are but alot arent. theyre older trains, and engines, as far as ive seem they havent been hit, well when i visited anyways. the trackwork is pretty shotty and not really up to standard. in some countries in northern africa you can talk to some shady people and get a ticket to "hop" the frieghts from country to country. ill look for some older images of mine and see what i can post up. this brings back memories.

6. NATO

NATO Guest

i bet the buff aint to active out there.

7. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

they probably shoot first and ask questions later

8. NATO

NATO Guest

i think life is pretty cheap in some places, i wouldnt risk getting my head blown off over graffiti.

9. kinkosnerd

kinkosnerd Junior Member

10. C-O-K PBScru

C-O-K PBScru Member

THE MOTHER LAND!!!!!!!!!!!