Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Advice Please

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Shadow316, Nov 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow316

Shadow316 New Jack

Hey, I Been Searching The Internet To See If I Could Come Up With Anything on Doing Graff Lettering, I was Sitting In My Basment and Decided To Pick Up a Can of Spray Paint And Stay Spraying a Card Board Box. Lol . It Dident Look So Good After. Can Anyone Help Me With Lettering With Like a Black Magic Marker. I Hope You Can Help Me. I Really Want To Get Involved With This Kind Of Art. Thank You!
    Happy Turkey Day!

2. Yellow Feets

Yellow Feets Senior Member

Let's see...

1) First you need a name. Choose a name but do some research on it. If the name is already taken, don't use it. Try to be creative with the name. Don't just use whatever pops up to mind because there's a 95% chance that the name is already chosen.

2) Get to sketching. With the chosen "tag/name", start doing letters. Very very simple letters. You've got to start off small. The cliche "You've got to learn to walk before you run" applies here. But in your case, it's more like "You've got to learn how to crawl before you run". But yeah, start sketching out simple shit like the logos you see on your cereal box and the stuff in magazines. Pay close attention to the proportions of each individual letter. Don't be amazed by colors and other distractions. Also, don't feel the urge to throw in arrows, a crown, stars, or that "hip-hop" stuff you see on tv. That's extremely lame.

3) Painting. Don't paint until you have the basics of simple letters and 3D down. 3D meaning perspective.

[​IMG]
    ^PERSPECTIVE

dthrjy6j57jkw57jk

fuck this. this thread is gonig to get closed anyway. but hey. read everything in "THE YARD" part of the 12oz forum board.

3. Yellow Feets

Yellow Feets Senior Member

4. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

FUCKING SEARCH!

How many threads do you see stickied at the top of these forums? How many picture post forums do we have?

Kids now days..god.

5. Shadow316

Shadow316 New Jack

Thanks For everyones advice!

6. yeaaaah baby

yeaaaah baby Elite Member

why do people even help out kids like this? if you have to ask on the internet then you are not really into graffiti, and therefore you will not be committed to it. figure these things out on your own or dont figure them out at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.