advice/opinions

soisy

I,m not exactly new to graff, I,ve loved it since I was ten And I have tons of sketches, but I,never actually gone out to paint a wall . I've been puttin up stickers for some time now but Been thinking about doing some real vandalism. Thing Is I was just reading something about fake graffitti ,and it got me thinking. What is fake graffitti?. Should I just stick wtith what I do and not start doing real graff even tho i,ve always had a real love and appreciation for it?!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by soisy@May 14 2005, 01:28 PM

I,m not exactly new to graff, I,ve loved it since I was ten And I have tons of sketches, but I,never actually gone out to paint a wall . I've been puttin up stickers for some time now but Been thinking about doing some real vandalism. Thing Is I was just reading something about fake graffitti ,and it got me thinking. What is fake graffitti?. Should I just stick wtith what I do and not start doing real graff even tho i,ve always had a real love and appreciation for it?!

In my oppinion only you can answer that question. But if you decide to try it out I suggest starting out on a legal wall. Good luck and be careful!

Originally posted by casekonly@May 15 2005, 11:35 AM

i agree with these guys. either don't start or go for a legal or safe wall. and stay out of the better writers way for awhile.

I didnt when i started writting I saw all of the good writters at play, at first I just watched them work, after a while they new who I was this was beofre the times of me using msn though now its so simple to chat to famous graffers. Get to no themn and go graffing. Dont make out your some big star graffer, and dont bite other graffers work.

anyone who can spell (and anyone who cant) can write. you like it, do it. fuck what anyone thinks. there is no "real" or "fake" graff, just real or fake people who write graff. you feel me. like casek said, just stay out of other peoples way, cuzz somewhere down the line, people might be staying outta the way for you. "real graff" is only the ability to either A. stay original or B. improve whats no longer original. trust me... if it looks dope than it is... peace