++Advice In The Backyard++

Telo

==============================================

-After revieweing Kilos thread about His glorious gardening it hit me. During this long cold winter i had totally forgotten about my plans for this spring summer that I made back in the Fall. A lot of people and kids are attracted to building those small outdoor backyard ponds that are becoming ever-so trendy, so you got that right, i decided to jump on the bandwagon last fall.

So here is my question.

Maybe some of you or maybe even all of you have backard ponds and can pointe out the problems you guys came across that i should check before i start. Maybe even there is a 12oz landscaping team that i dont know about or something. Hell, tease may have a nitch for the perfect rock formation around a 15 sq ft pond.. weirder shit has happened..

But overall, i basically want to know problems and suggestions you guys have may or may not ran into.. Thankyou.

==============================================

http://www.nestbox.com/sections/backyard/ponds.jpg'>

http://www.birds-n-garden.com/gardening/pond_favorite_small62.jpg'>

http://www.skippysstuff.com/note18_16.jpg'>

http://www.skippysstuff.com/note18_8.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i saw a show one sunday morning about backyard ponds..

it was simple, except one needs a pump, i think to to maintain cleanliness

other than that, they just dug the hole, laid it with the plastic tarp stuff and then put in a pump, they added a bunch of rocks and flowers for ponds, it was dope..

Originally posted by E MARTYR

sounds like a pain in the ass without much pay off.

you ever heard of a girl putting out because you have a pond in your back yard?

i dont think so...

;) :lol: hahahaha

Tease has no clue about romance....

you ever heard of a girl putting out because you have a pond in your back yard? [/b]

you'd be suprised tease.

Once a girl gets a little money of her own

and some good tastes, you'd be suprised

what will get her to give it up. Hell... the quailty

girls I know would probably give it up to a guy

who built a 'private garden' over some schmoe

who installed a new muffler or got a cheesy tattoo.

Originally posted by villain

Tease has no clue about romance....

ha, yea right.

i guess the girls i go for a smarter than the airhead white girls you fellas pull. They wouldn't fall for some corny pond in the back yard, and if they did, they probally wouldn't be the type of girl im looking for.

/this isnt Mtv Cribs...

:lol:

Originally posted by SteveAustin

Girls definitely give a shit about stuff that goes beyond mufflers and tats.

I remember my first house...girls would always ask how I found such a kick ass rental house. My reply was always the same...rental? I own this house. Their jaws would always drop.

owning your own house? yes, very impressive to the ladies.

having a stupid "pond" in your backyard of said house, not very impressive/important.

ha, yea right.

i guess the girls i go for a smarter than the airhead white girls you fellas pull.[/b]

ok then, what pulls one of the 'smarter' girls that you want to impress?

Originally posted by Kilo7-

ok then, what pulls one of the 'smarter' girls that you want to impress?

not that I have all of these things but:

-an education

-a good job

-apartment/house

-a nice car

to name a few...

you fags putting in "ponds" in your back yard are the same type of guys who try to buy girls drinks all night in hopes that they get drunk enough to sleep with your no game having ass.

/real players know that there is no such thing is game. ponder on that for a minute.

:lol:

-an education

-a good job

-apartment/house

-a nice car

to name a few...[/b]

ok so we are in a way talking about the same things.

Being a broke fool with no edumacation and having a pond in the back yard wont get you very far, but there are some things that 'show' you have some class without being over the top about it. Want an example? Big fluffy white towels in the bathroom will make a girl think 'wow... he's clean and he can do laundry without his mommy. I wonder how soft the bedsheets are.' You can have a super expensive appartment, but if you fill it up with budweiser posters and playboy centerfolds, no self respecting girl is going to think you've got class, no matter how much it cost. A pond is kind of goofy, but generally you wont be building a fancy backyard untill you've done the basic things like getting a job and putting a little money in the back.

It's like a suit and tie,

some guys have them because they went to a wedding once,

other guys have them because they need them for work,

then there's guys who have them because they actually want one.

which one do you think gets the quality girls?

Koi ponds are cool...haha. I helped repair my uncles one a couple years ago. He got a bunch of Lava rocks delivered and i had to hose them down and make sure they were clean before putting them in the pond and waterfall as filters.

Another problem is that large birds, ie. herons visited the pond and ate the expensive fishies...so either put a net on top (which looks cheezy) or get a few life sized bird statues or something. Have fun! I wish i had an area to build a pond or garden.

Kilo is on point about the towels....

You'd definitely need a pump to keep the water circulating. You dont want to catch malaria chilling by your pond. I dont know about creating ponds, my house has a big tide pond in the front yard. Fed from the ocean and a freshwater spring, so its nice and cold. Its hard to maintain, because this weed grass grows from the rockwall we built surrounding it and there is a sea weed that grows in the pond. But the seaweed is supposed to be a good sign that the water is healthy, because it will not grow in crap. We had a bunch of koi, mullet, and goldfish but this big herron bird likes to come and eat them. So we have to chill on the deck and shoot at it with the air rifle when it comes around. My dad just threw in some baby koi they should be pretty big by now, i havent seen the place in a while.

I saw a TV show on making a backyard pond. Pretty simple, I think the hardest part would be hooking up the pump and shit properly. Other than that, you just need a hole, that tarp material, and nice flat rocks and you are set. Then you just have to find what plants you want to use in and around the pond. And fish! Try looking for ones that look good and help clean up a little too. Good luck

I had something similar to the first picture in my backyard acouple years back, unfortunately we had to take thaT one out and put in a pond that constantly moves the water. We couldn't even sit in the backyard during summer.. well we could, but our whole bodies would be one large mosquito bite.

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

this is one of my goals when i'm a grown up.

have a really neat chill garden, lots of plants and flowers, with a pond.

and have little fishies and froggies in the pond

:)

BAM!!

Tease.. If you dont know, I believe cinchedwaist is a girl and she already likes the idea of a pond.. so there goes your stupid theory on attracting girls..

second... i dont care about how many broads its going to attract, i want it purely for the fact that the water will eliminate some of the fucking city smog and give my small yard a cool watery breeze.. Its a nice thing to have in your yard.. Tiki torches, grille, cooler, chairs, small fire..and

BAM!!!!!!

You got yourself a fun little friday night get together.

And the guy talking about the tarps.. I think im going to shoot for those thick plastic molds they have and throw it in the ground..

well i guess thats about it for now..

-an education

-a good job

-apartment/house

-a nice car

high school education: check

selling tshirts and working for dad: check

living with the parents: check

totalling your car a while ago: check

so what you're saying is you pull a lot of girls, right?

Originally posted by krs702

water movement is very important not only to prevent mosquitos and bacteria formation, but benefits the fish in your pond

but dont have ocean waves ha

cool pond, got more pictures to share?

i dont actually have the pond yet.. its a project for when the warm weather comes..

Archived