Advice about Travelling Europe requested

CIPHER_one

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by CIPHER_one

I guess I was just curious whether the europe winters were warmer than american winters

??? a new york winter is different to an la winter isn't it....anyway....

go north, it'll be snowing, so south it'll be raining...go further south and the sun will be shining......make your choice bruvna

Damn, Europes a big place the south you go the warmer your gonna get, places like Rome are still like 28c83d still, Say Nice in January is gonna be in the mid 15-18c say 60-70d, England aint gonna no where near as cold as NYC winters..I found NYC be be expensive, the beer/lager in more expensive plus you have to tip, your cabs are less expensive and your food aint really that much different..Anyway the best way for find out is to come to Europe and travel and see what takes you fancy, so many different cultures and places to explore..Have fun..

Originally posted by CIPHER_one

Is it wiser to visit Europe in January/February or July/August? In regards to weather. As in, does it still get cold as shit over there? Or is it not that bad in Jan./Feb.?

Thanks.

hmmmm did u now that europe was a continent? with a lot of countries?

its like saying that u are visiting north america... well canada is freezing, while mexico is hot...

so north europe is cold, and south europe is kinda hot in winter...

without being a total PRICK like some people I can answer your question very simply.

'In general' the North American continent gets both colder and hotter than the European continent since it is a larger land mass.

If you are from the U.S. (excluding the very south and California) you will deal with most European weather just fine.

fuck weather.

in the winter, it will be cheaper, and less crowded.

spring/summertime are prime tourist season.

shit gets expensive

shit gets crowded

people get irritated

go in LATE FALL (late october/november)

or VERY EARLY SPRING (march/early april)

dress moderately, it won't be freezing or blazing

rome gets chilly at night in the winter. its a wet cold. im from way north and i was chilly. bring a toque. its cheaper then too. but sweden/denmark in december wasnt too cold.

the medeterranian is like a wet cold. hits your bones. and theres no central heating in most apartments/hotels there.

• 4 months later...

Okay.. im thinkin bout heading to Euro for a while... back packing styles... would being 18 be too young anyone think ? and how much would it cost to live for a day in Euro, like livin expenses for a day. breakfast, lunch, dinner, hostel to sleep in cost per day ?

Originally posted by krie

Okay.. im thinkin bout heading to Euro for a while... back packing styles... would being 18 be too young anyone think ? and how much would it cost to live for a day in Euro, like livin expenses for a day. breakfast, lunch, dinner, hostel to sleep in cost per day ?

18 should be fine.

the more metropolitan cities will naturally be more expensive.

plus the euro is doing well.

it depends a lot on what you'll do to make it easier..

instead of eating in a restaurant, you'll have to get some bread (but it'll be from a good bakery) and some meat and cheese or whatever from a market..

i did this in paris, madrid and barcelona. it cost around 2euro for a couple baguettes, then between 3 and 5 euro for some cheese and tomato and avocado. (it'd last me a couple meals, sometimes with a friend)

they also sell these good sandwiches in those cities, and also in rome.

they usually come with a variety of filllings, cheese, or tomato, or meat, etc..

this also depends on location.

the closer you are to a tourist attraction, the more you're food will cost..sometimes A LOT more (like around the vatican, the louvre, the prado, etc..) room rates will be the same deal..closer to the action, more expensive.

hostels will also be cheaper if you're gonna share a room with strangers

and i know people who have biked across a lot of europe, one of them alone, while just sleeping outside in parks or on benches or whatever.

i wouldn't reccomend that though. just becuase it seems uncomfortable...

look into this shit on the web.

go type 'europe hostels' into google and i'm quite sure you'll get more information than you know what to do with.

Guest imported_Europe

Ask away if you need infos.

Like when you are at home, you can live really cheap or expensive, it depends on where you buy your food and what you do to have fun. This rules applies all over the world.

Guest imported_Europe

Nothing wrong with the hostels. Full of young travellers, bring a padlock, you get a locker or something similar you can lock your stuff in. Other than that most hostels are great cause you get to meet likeminded people, hot girls, weirdos to laugh at, etc. There might be a dodgy hostel out there somewhere, but they are usually fine and perfect for backpack travelling.