adobe after effects

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ive always seen after effects used in motion work. My ex was going to school for this and they always had a blast adding crash lightning and explosions to stupid lil clips they did. Ive been meaning to delve into myself but I cant get away from Fireworks because all my stuff is strictly vector.

I guess trouble shoot thats what I plan to do anyways.

yeah the main reason i liked it was the motion work and wanting to make a little demo reel of my work for a portfolio.. definitely impresses over just regular print work

fireworks is kind of tough for me. i only used it for web design with rollovers on images pretty much

what kind of work do you do short? personal or professional?

just personal. I almost went the route of doing professional work but I kinda caught myself before going to deep. It was a mix of my own productivity being at a low and I guess maybe confidence in the whole thing. Also to I really only know Fireworks. I l learned my own way around doing vector art and I havent bridged into Illustrator. Illustrator is a wonderful program and I know I can do the same stuff in it Im just not familiar with the setup. Everything is in different places and some things go by different names. I usually get frustrated because I spend more time searching for shit than actually producing an Image if Im in Illustrator vs how comfortable I am with Fireworks.

A big factor in it as well is Fireworks is strictly RGB and I kinda fucked myself there not learning to switch. So I limit myself to Web when Id prefer more Print Work. RGB format can be used in print but usually comes out muddy. Converting between the two usually makes one color drastically change screwing up the image.

Overall I prefer personal art work. I love doing things at my own pace. Ive done a sign for people here and there so its not like if work presented itself I wouldnt take it. Plus Im working back to Ceramics being my primary productivity area although I dont think Ill ever stop CG.

I am very thankful though even after the Macromedia purchase Adobe didnt 86 Fireworks, it truly is a wonderful program that few tend to pass up.

• 1 month later...

it's really hard to get into big studios, even with backing.. not only you have to have a good idea of whats goin on but you have to be a nice person to be around who works well with others.. gonna be spending countless hours with the same peeps all the time so there's no room for bs and trippin egos...

good luck on your learning, it's not as hard as you think.. eventually you'll get to the point where you'll be like "ha! that was easy to figure out.." and that's when your productivity is gonna double if not triple..

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I work on adobe after effects and it is a creative software for visual effect on any video. Adobe After Effects delivers more of the creative control you crave, while making it faster to work on high-resolution projects.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kamagra