Adidas Superstar 35th Collections

Guest imported_sofarok

Guest imported_sofarok

for years I only wore shelltoes, something to do with me thinking that that’s what graffiti writers wore, I was young and naive any way i still have a few pairs but they rarely see the light of day to be honest, but this 35th anniversary series is shaping up to pretty fucking special, looks like adidas are upping the the bar a bit for this, no half assed attempts at over hyping ‘limited editions’ they are actually giving the consumer something really special, the web site they have got up is amazing, not seen anything this good from any other cooperate before, all the bases are covered, cant wait to see all the shoes, the ones ive see so far look pretty tight, lots of intresting colours, themes, materials etc, hope the prices aren’t to high, I would like to get a few pairs, there doing 35 shoes in 7 series or something so there’s bound to be something for everyone, the first ones come out on new years day by the looks of it, not sure if these will provoke dunk like cues etc, hmm might be worth it though…

superstar 35

ss35_site_01.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_sofarok

haha, as usual you beat me to the punch!! i walked past yesterday, madness, must have been a least a hundred people waiting, some had been there for 24 hours! some nice shoes in there tho, i wanted the d mop ones so bad but im broke as fuck...

ss35_fp_03.jpg

We've all been wondering what the hell adidas was going to do with the 35th anniversary of the Superstar. Well now we know! There is so much going on with this program that it is still hard for us work out how many variations and hook ups there are. So many shoes, so many countries, so many tiers of product, so many retailers. Let's just hope Australian shoppers get a decent selection. Otherwise we'll all be glued to Ebay for the next six months.

This is probably the most interesting section of the program, the musician collabs. We'll leave it to you to decide on your favourites but I must admit I'm surprised at how good the Chilli Peppers shoe came out. It also features their faces underneath a transparent rubber sole. And check out the pin stripe suit material - who would have thought? Those Underworld boys have done a pretty nice job as well.... more to come as we get through the images...

1560382604.jpg

1916239067.jpg

1931066932.jpg

1286127726.jpg

1913058461.jpg

766262536.jpg

1668976229.jpg

They say a man needs a hobby, although some may reply queuing for 24 hours over NYE on a side street in Soho is a bit extreme, but hey who cares? And so it was down to St. Annes Court I stumbled after a late night/early morning Djing gig in Islington to meet the biggest, and quite frankly most jovial crowd for many a year. To make this event all the more poignant many of the Gimme Five / Foot Patrol crew came down including: Michael Kopelman, Simon Porter, Andrew Bunney, Kohei and Wes. To top this off Adidas’ main men Gary Aspden and Mike Chetcuti came to say ‘Hello’, and seemed bowled over with the results of this major project launch.

Every person was greeted with a handshake and a glass of Champagne - the best story heard was a French guy in his 50s who walked past the store after a NYE night out joined the queue and bought a pair of shoes for his nephew! (see pic). No surprises that the Neighborhood shoe was the first to sell, although the Footpatrol and Undefeated shoe hotly followed in its tracks.

And so the 35th Anniversary of the Adidas Superstar gets off to a sparkling start, and we all await the raft of launches throughout the year.

Until next time - Adrian J W Darby

pic_01.jpg

pic_02.jpg

pic_03.jpg

pic_04.jpg

pic_05.jpg

pic_06.jpg

pic_07.jpg

pic_01.jpg

pic_08.jpg

pic_09.jpg

pic_10.jpg