ADDerall Addicts?

Fugazi

How many of you are AD/HD (ADD) out there?

What is your diagnosis? Inattentive? Hyperactive? Dual?

Do you have any comorbid factors? (Research shows a 50% comorbidity with ODD. This could be higher on a Graffiti board, and I'm assuming it will be.)

What kind of meds are you on? Dosage?

Just sitting here waiting for my Adderall to kick in. I know there have been similar topics, but thought this might be interesting.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Wreck1@Jan 29 2006, 08:16 PM

i took my friends aderol one time.. i liked it but couldnt get it up.. so i probably am add. just never knew it

Liking it doesn't mean that you're probably ADD. A large percentage of people who take it like it, but we're talking about people who actually need it. We're keeping in line with legal medication usage here, to be in order with 12oz's no-drug policy. Thank you.

I went to my doctor last july to get a xanax script since I was sick of paying an internet premium........

she gave me celexa instead...

it helps my road rage problem, but thats about it...otherwise it makes me totally indifferent to existence and very suicidal...not to mention sexual side affects...

oh yeah and I can drink coffee again...

but weed doesn't work as well either

Originally posted by Lonesome Cowboy Bill@Jan 29 2006, 08:29 PM

I went to my doctor last july to get a xanax script since I was sick of paying an internet premium........

she gave me celexa instead...

it helps my road rage problem, but thats about it...otherwise it makes me totally indifferent to existence and very suicidal...not to mention sexual side affects...

oh yeah and I can drink coffee again...

but weed doesn't work as well either

What is your diagnosis? Drugs that make you indifferent to life are very curious. I've been there before, and I'm sure many others on this board have been. It's one thing not to be depressed/angry anymore... but to feel nothing is a questionable trade. You may want to consider other medication choices...

What's fucked up about adderall is that it's so easy to abuse. Despite being a stimulant, a patient that actually needs adderall is supposed to experience a calming effect. My Dr. told me that treats people that actually take adderall to fall asleep at night. The kicker is that adderall and most stimulants will make you feel better. I liken adderall to coke in that respect, of course you will feel better if you get more done and have more energy, but is that a long term solution or a short term solution?

Last year my friends would give me adderal and i used it like a diet pill.. everytime i would get hungry i would throw one in my mouth and wait for it to kick in.. one time i didnt eat for 3 days. My friend recently just got prescribed for it... and i cant wait to get my hands on some monday. Oh, and did i ever tell you the wonderful effects it has when you sniff it?

I just recently started using it about 2 months ago after trying out Ritalin for a few weeks and having that not work out. I don't have an official ADD diagnosis, I'm prescribed it mainly to help me study and stay focused in college. It also helps me wake up in the morning, which is somewhat difficult because of other medications I have to take at night that leave me very groggy in the mornings. It works great, I take anywhere from 10-20mg a day, usually just 10. The only issue I have with it is that it really ruins my appetite.

i take a 30 mg xr at about 630 am, and another one at 1 or 2 pm. no sexual side effects, it doenst stop me from eating. but i get the gnarliest grades ever, and i type liek 100 wpm, hence alot of my posts being on the long and winderd side.

someitmes if i let it, it fucks with me sleep, but if i can put what im doing down im gravy. its better than coke, cause coke fucks your life up and makes you feel bad, adderal is like a coke high with no comedwon times 10, where you get shit done instead of thinkign how tight you look in your sunglasses. word is bond

Originally posted by fermentor666@Jan 29 2006, 09:33 PM

I just recently started using it about 2 months ago after trying out Ritalin for a few weeks and having that not work out. I don't have an official ADD diagnosis, I'm prescribed it mainly to help me study and stay focused in college. It also helps me wake up in the morning, which is somewhat difficult because of other medications I have to take at night that leave me very groggy in the mornings. It works great, I take anywhere from 10-20mg a day, usually just 10. The only issue I have with it is that it really ruins my appetite.

Thanks for the info. I take 15mg, which is about right for me. I have experienced the same thing as you along the lines of appetite. What I usually do is eat breakfast first, as much as I can, and then take an adderall. I stay hydrated throughout the day with Gatorade and water. Then usually by night I can eat again, and I eat as much as I can. Takes some getting used to. Good luck!

Originally posted by $2 dollar well drinks@Jan 29 2006, 09:48 PM

i take a 30 mg xr at about 630 am, and another one at 1 or 2 pm. no sexual side effects, it doenst stop me from eating. but i get the gnarliest grades ever, and i type liek 100 wpm, hence alot of my posts being on the long and winderd side.

someitmes if i let it, it fucks with me sleep, but if i can put what im doing down im gravy. its better than coke, cause coke fucks your life up and makes you feel bad, adderal is like a coke high with no comedwon times 10, where you get shit done instead of thinkign how tight you look in your sunglasses. word is bond

30mg twice a day is a lot. Does it ever give you the shakes?

Originally posted by harvey wallbanger@Jan 29 2006, 09:15 PM

I'd never heard about sexual side effects with adderal... please explain.

Some people have problems getting it up/keeping it up when taking Adderall in large doses. I take 15mg and haven't experienced this, but it varies from person to person.

Originally posted by Gigantic Jug@Jan 29 2006, 04:44 PM

Last year my friends would give me adderal and i used it like a diet pill.. everytime i would get hungry i would throw one in my mouth and wait for it to kick in.. one time i didnt eat for 3 days. My friend recently just got prescribed for it... and i cant wait to get my hands on some monday. Oh, and did i ever tell you the wonderful effects it has when you sniff it?

you're 14. get the hell out of here. this is a legitimate thread, we don't need to hear some prepubescent girl talking about how cool it is that shes starving herself to lose weight.

Originally posted by MrChupacabra+Jan 29 2006, 10:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MrChupacabra - Jan 29 2006, 10:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Gigantic Jug@Jan 29 2006, 04:44 PM

you're 14. get the hell out of here. this is a legitimate thread, we don't need to hear some prepubescent girl talking about how cool it is that shes starving herself to lose weight.

[/b]

Thanks Chupa, glad others are enjoying a legitimate thread.

Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE@Jan 29 2006, 10:42 PM

oh dosage.

When i was on ritalin, i think i took 45-40mgs a day

then adderal, i think maybe 40 mg a day

then celexa i took 40 mg a day, and that shit made my jaw feel so tight everyday. Also, when i stopped taking it i had such awful obtrusive thoughts, i thought i was going insane

I can't help but think of Requiem for a Dream, when the mother is grinding her teeth when she is taking uppers. Some of these medications can have a really negative impact on your thought processes. Strattera gave me nightmares on a regular basis.

seriously. I was put on Wellbutrin for a while and that just made me feel awful. I didn't feel human at all, and made me quite suicidal. I took it for about a month, and told my parents and dr that it was making me feel suicidal and all that, and they told me to "stay the course" but they finally were convinced of my issues with it when i jsut broke down and cried in the dr office for a good hour. I was taekn off it that for good.