Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Adam Green

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by KniggazInDemStreetz, Apr 9, 2006.

1. KniggazInDemStreetz

KniggazInDemStreetz Senior Member

A year or so I was turned onto the music of this guy Adam Green, a young dude, early, maybe now mid-twenties, who at first may sound like a 48 year old retiree in Florida sipping margaritas. A member of his own band right now under his name, and an ex-member of the
    musical duo band, The Moldy Peaches, which was semi-succesful and started in the shadow of The Strokes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I had to classify his music into some sort of category (I'm not lifting any sentences from reviews of this guy) it would be kind of hard, because it's a real good mix. Imagine a Johnny Cash from the north without an accent, singing guitar, and old school folkish songs about shocking subjects, or anything at all.

A lot of his lyrics are comprised of normal topics, mixed with whatver is coming from this guys mind, for instance a couple lines are.

"Marriachi clothes look good on everyone, Klu Klux Klans men dance around the mountain."

"Carolina, she's from Texas, red bricks drop from her vagina, her lips taste just like sunk ships, but her breasts taste just like breakfast, there's her hand now, on the cock sock, filled with white tears, from the thrift store."

"And it don't mean I don't love you, when I put a gun to your face, it just means I wanna get rough with you..."

"There's no wrong way to fuck a girl with no legs."

and on the other side he has more casual lyrics about odd topics such as Jessica Simpson, or Dancing with women across america in the song Emily.

I'd suggest to anyone who likes slightly demented simple music to at least check out a few of this guys songs, here are a couple links and I hope those of you who are interested enjoy.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=34893722
    Check out some songs on myspace.

Enjoy his music players.

-Kniggazindemstreetz.

2. furioussnake

furioussnake Junior Member

blue birds are so beautiful I want to buy them for my friends.

3. AyeBee

AyeBee Veteran Member

I honestly can't even picture someone sayin this shit with a straight face

4. how how are are you you

how how are are you you Member

i definitely dig his abstract lyrics.i hate when lyrics are too obvious and to the point,shit ends up sounding waycorny.thanks for this

Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  5. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

6. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

yup yup.

7. After School Special

After School Special Banned

someone post a torrent.

My guess is that he's not known well enough for me to find it on torrentspy or piratesbay

Thanks in advance =)

8. how how are are you you

how how are are you you Member

ah you missed quoted me.you added an "s" to end.

9. KniggazInDemStreetz

KniggazInDemStreetz Senior Member

Have to revive this thread.

Has anyone heard his new album, Jacket Full of Danger, a lot of ace tracks on it. 12oz would probably most appreciate "White Women".

"You know I want to bone you,
    I want to make a hole in you,
    I'm gonna get fat,
    You know I get a hat for you too,
    fuck fuck me baby,
    now where have you gone,
    I'm a little bit older,
    I know what I want.

10. shaolinmasta

shaolinmasta Veteran Member

he sounds like a faggot

11. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

i read a little of the first post, but not really

i just felt like a pointless post

12. dirtydoses

dirtydoses Veteran Member

fucking hipster, get a haircut.

13. zandoo

zandoo New Jack

jessica jessica simpson. you've got it all wrong. eeeeee. them days them days niggron

14. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist