Acne Prevention

Gunm

I tell you, nothing kills your game worse than a bunch of tiny zits or one fat ass pimple. I get them every now and then and shit just ruins my day. I hate seeing people that just let whiteheads ride on their face....so nasty. Agghhh.

So who here has to deal with acne or the occasional pimple?

What do you do to keep that shit in check?

These days i rock a little clearsil(sp) before bed for preventative maintenance. Anyone else want to share some decent home remedies or dietary habits one can make use of to prevent breakouts?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I get the ocasional pump.

nothing that stops the game, but enough to annoy me.

things to consider:

smoking is shit for your skin

sunlight isnt a bad thing if you're safe

toxins in your body will try to get out

Omega03 fish oils are SUPER for the skin.

oh yeah.... steam is good.

I wish I had a sauna at my disposal.

I used to come home from work, jump in the pool

and then sit in the sauna for 20 minutes. heaven I tells ya!

Originally posted by slave_one

^^^ how funny! we do the same thing...we look like a couple of monkeys examining each other's backs...haha...i almost called you by your real name too!

hahahahah i told someone that i did this and he called me "wifey material". hahahah.

i love it how we are both on a first name basis. :)

Originally posted by Devilush

but if the hubby gets a pimple, i pop that shit for him (we know its bad). he asks me to.

I ENVY you.

my boyfriend won't let me. He says his been through enough pimple popping trauma with his ex and mom.

how i love to squeeze whiteheads.

i never get them so i usually use boyfriends to support my habit. sigh.

i totally think its a primate grooming instict that didn't totally die out. Esp. since its more prevalent in girls than guys.

anyway, wash your face every morning and night.

use these to wash your face

http://www.neutrogena.com/images/Pd/Pd_00125_00_lg.jpg'>

and then this to treat specific pimples

http://www.neutrogena.com/images/Pd/Pd_00020_00_lg.jpg'>

i use this night and day

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/25718/300.jpg'>

plus this (with spf)

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/17074/300.jpg'>

I never had zits, even as a teenager. Maybe a few here and there (in fact, there is a tiny one on my cheek right now), but never a full out attack.

Why? Because I’m neurotic about that shit. I never touch my face, and when I do, I wipe the area I touched with either my shirt, Kleenex, etc. Everytime. I wash my face regularly, too. Also, I eat a lot of yoguort, although I’m not sure if that helps in this regard.

I got a little bit of info

i find that my homies who touch their face alot get zits more often.

so i tried a little something.

when combining regular cleansing with the DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE method, zit content goes down drasticly!

UGH. ill get a HUGE SORE one like every couple of months, and i usually pop them and pray they dont leave a mark. :(

but i'll get lil ones right before my period for a day or two and they go away.

i use OIL FREE products and wash my face when i wake up with soap. my moisturizer is oil free and has acne fighting medication in it, aswell as my makeup. the mr. swears by clean and clear blackhead acne scrub and it works well........ st. ives apricot scrub is good too.

ive started using facial masks again ...when no one is home of course :)

ive did them twice so far in the past month and i noticed my face seems smoother. :)

when i was pregnant i had the BEST skin and the BEST natural glow! it was wonderful!!!!!

Holy shit, I was about to start a thread similar to this... You beat me to it.

Unfortunately, I am a zit. But I get the occassional puss. Why is that? I don't know... According to this cute ass asian chick that currently has a crush on me (no joke, I might post a picture of her if I get the chance) it's my humor. It's weird. Let me set the scene for you peeps:

1st - I like her

2nd - Doesn't like me(?)

3rd - I move on with my life

4th - She likes me

5th - Don't really like her

6th - NOW I like her

7th - She says she has BF but doesn't really like him

8th - Scared for the life of me

==========================================

Anyways, back to the topic. If you have it bad, do a google search on either Laser Surgery or Clear light Treatment. From what I heard prescription medicine is just as bad as over-the-counter products. And Proactiv is a mean lie. Hahaha.

Actually, Proactiv does work it's just a pain waiting for shipments coming in when you are running out.

Blah. I'm done for now.

peace

these daily wash things are pretty good. i use the dove ones though. always a fresh cloth a few times a day, i hate using the same wash cloth over and over,.nasty. plus i cut them in half to double the amount...

last week i had the biggest zit on the tip of my nose.. it wouldn't go away. shit was TERRIBLE!!! but usually those cloths work.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

To be honest, my science teacher told me the only things that really effect pimples are the following:

Water intake

Sleep regularity

Stress management.

After that it's all bullshit. Have fun buying face products.

and you are correct sir. 26sidedcube literally bringin the science to you fools. think about, are you afraid to get a little pizza grease on your face bc you think youll get a pimple? so then if were to sleep w/ a pizza on your face, do you honestly think your face would be infiltrated w/ pimples? be serious.

I sleep with a pizza on my face

and one under my head too.

It just way better putting your head

in a panzorotti than using a pilow.

and they dont call it beauty sleep for nothin'