Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Accidents.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_Tesseract, Jan 2, 2002.

1. There something about accidents that makes me almost wishing for.
    About two months ago i almost broke my nose when i fell into a large glass door, shit was amazing. Dont get me wrong, i aint somekind of masohist. Its just that i came to the conclusion that accidents are things of perfect timing and of highly educational substance.
    Right before i fell on the door i was walking on the street thinking about really miserable stuff, the type of things that can only frustrate you...next thing you know BAM!!!!
    Lost space sense, blury vision, blood in my hands, it took me 30 sec to realise what happened and how.
    'This is a reminder, you control shit'
    I like it when i dont have the time and ability to think.
    On another case, more hardcore and preety much undesired and harmfull, a friend of mine had a terrible accident that made her change her whole life. Now, one year later and leaving apart the physical sideffects, that change can be considered vital for her life since she had to make important desicions from scratch and gladky in the best and more honest direction.
    Anyway, to sum it up i'm trying to say that when your mind is leading you nowhere an accident could be the force that drops you back on track, cosmic fightclub or some shit like that.

2. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

YOu would be a good pro skater.

3. Call me an idiot, but every time I travel, I start going through a list in my head of all the bad things that can happen to me. For some reason, if I expect something bad to happen, it won't. Something else bad always happens to me, something I didn't mention on that list, which gets added to the new list I make next time I travel.

Seems like the only thing that really changes lives are accidents... If it didn't happen as an accident, then it didn't change your life, since you were expecting it and your life simply followed the expected format. I'm not making any fucking sense to myself.

But yeah, I get that feeling a lot, when an accident happens and you realize that everything you had planned (at least for the short term) gets thrown out the window and its time to think things all over again. I don't know, it's hard to describe, and I need sleep. Beer,

El Mamerro

4. imported_splint2

imported_splint2 Senior Member

i have gotten so many concussions....mostly from bmx and mx.

my worst on a bike was nose diving a big double and lading straight on my head from about 7 feet up, both my wrists got swollen big time along with a severe concussion

i have also received 3rd degree burns from a motorcycle exhaust pipe

shattered my middle finger on a bike

broke the same three fingers on my right has from punching shit, twice
    (i now punch soft things)

pretty much little stuff, going good so far...

5. REGULATOR

REGULATOR Elite Member

6. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

not really any accidents here... of course, i dont really plan, or believe my life needs changing.. i could stop racking, and painting i guess.. it would remove the risk,

7. iCEBERG

iCEBERG Senior Member

im not sure if people on here are picking up what your putting down. what youve said has happened to me on several occasions. and no im not a freak either but ive almost come to liking when my eyes are opened through something like that. most recently...

new years eve as a matter of fact, after being drunk the whole night and wrestling with my friends i literally dove head first into a solid wall when a friend put a spin move on me, and just like that, i went from being drunk and basically stupid and doing whatever everyone else was, to putting the whole night into perspective. as soon as i came off the wall with my lip split and my nose running more blood than a faucet, the taste of blood the sight of it, the pain in my face, seeing all the people gasping to see if i was alright, put the whole night into perspective. suprisingly enough its like clarity through chaos. i wasnt drunk anymore, i just stopped being drunk, i was totally aware of what was going on around me, it took about 4-5 seconds but i knew exactly what happened, why shit like that will happen again and why theres nothing i can do to stop it, and believe it or not, all those reasons along with some others, are why i appreceate events like those, and realise its good to be reminded of those things. i know exactly why ill forget the lessons ive learned, how ill be sucked into the grind of everyday life and just be another person untill my next visit to the floor, or wall.

same thing happened when i got jumped at a party for being from a different city. about 6-7 kids jumped me for being in their town and because my friends were fuckin up their friends. but to keep it short, i was hit about 13 times, give or take one or two, they tried to tackle me to get me onto the ground so they could kick me, but for every hit there was about 2 seconds of chaos in mind and the rest clarity. needless to say all those kids on me at one time, and they couldnt take me off my feet, despite the hits i took, despite the two attempts to just muscle me out and to the ground, i never left my feet, and ive still got someones upper jaw imprint in my palm :/

and now i ramble on.... sorry bout that, im just amazed i found someone who related to me on such an off topic... ever notice how its just head, or something with your face when you come to these conclusions? well thats how it is for me anyways

8. imported_splint2

imported_splint2 Senior Member

a day after i reply to the accidents thread i get in a car wreck...just my luck,,,

9. Splint, sorry man, that sucks.
    Iceberg, now that you mention it, its mostly the head, i supose it has to do mostly with that disoerientation and defocus feeling you get.
    Mammero, that happens to me to, i almost got caught by the police in an airport for acting extra paranoid and sweating like a pig, but thats another story:D

10. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

small accidents are fresh cuz you get shook up and you think
    'holy fuck' for a few days. i got close-lined by a leaning tree about 2 months
    ago while riding my bike....i hit it face first and got knocked
    clean off my bike. it was pretty fun. i writhed around for about
    10 long minutes trying not to shit and puke at the same
    time. that tree kicked my ass. did i learn something really
    important other than to watch where i'm going?
    not really, though i hold a certain contempt for that tree now, mixed
    with an odd appreciation of how tough trees are.

11. That sounds like a good lesson to me:D

Seriously now, i agree its always how you want to see and translate things. I believe that in this case the only objective thing that can be said is that you lose control for a while and thats dope for several reasons, beyond that its in ones desire to take it to another level.

Onw more thing, the thing that intrigues me the most is the fact of how much hidden power you own and you're not aware of.
    Its wise that way and i like the fact that different procedures unleash different amounts of strength

12. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

My boy got thrown off his skateboard doing 30 being pulled by a car, well to sum it up..fractured skull, and broken collar bone, also had a siezure..but that wasnt the accident, the accident happened in his pants when he went into the siezure...yup, straight up shit and pissed all over himself...i felt sorry for him when they loaded him into the ambulance and took him to the hospital..he just now is remembering my name...sad.

13. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

well it would seem that way wouldn't it...
    i guess i worded that wrong..
    i have a huge appreciation of trees, always have.
    not to sound all hippy dippy, in a karmatic(sp?word?)
    sense, i didn't deserve it at all. why? well.....
    lets just say i've done alot for the reforestation
    of my province. that in no way means i expect
    in some funny way that somehow trees the world
    over owe me some respect cuz i helped out their
    kind....:D
    anyhow...i've always known trees are bad asshttp://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon8.gif'>

*okay, so the lesson is a 're-affirmation'..:cool:

14. bobobi11

bobobi11 Elite Member

So here goes the Mother mode. What the hell did he expect going 30 miles an hour behind a car?

Other than that, I think you should have been more concerned about his serious injuries and apparent brain damage, rather than whether he shit his pants.