Accidents.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

There something about accidents that makes me almost wishing for.

About two months ago i almost broke my nose when i fell into a large glass door, shit was amazing. Dont get me wrong, i aint somekind of masohist. Its just that i came to the conclusion that accidents are things of perfect timing and of highly educational substance.

Right before i fell on the door i was walking on the street thinking about really miserable stuff, the type of things that can only frustrate you...next thing you know BAM!!!!

Lost space sense, blury vision, blood in my hands, it took me 30 sec to realise what happened and how.

'This is a reminder, you control shit'

I like it when i dont have the time and ability to think.

On another case, more hardcore and preety much undesired and harmfull, a friend of mine had a terrible accident that made her change her whole life. Now, one year later and leaving apart the physical sideffects, that change can be considered vital for her life since she had to make important desicions from scratch and gladky in the best and more honest direction.

Anyway, to sum it up i'm trying to say that when your mind is leading you nowhere an accident could be the force that drops you back on track, cosmic fightclub or some shit like that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Call me an idiot, but every time I travel, I start going through a list in my head of all the bad things that can happen to me. For some reason, if I expect something bad to happen, it won't. Something else bad always happens to me, something I didn't mention on that list, which gets added to the new list I make next time I travel.

Seems like the only thing that really changes lives are accidents... If it didn't happen as an accident, then it didn't change your life, since you were expecting it and your life simply followed the expected format. I'm not making any fucking sense to myself.

But yeah, I get that feeling a lot, when an accident happens and you realize that everything you had planned (at least for the short term) gets thrown out the window and its time to think things all over again. I don't know, it's hard to describe, and I need sleep. Beer,

El Mamerro

i have gotten so many concussions....mostly from bmx and mx.

my worst on a bike was nose diving a big double and lading straight on my head from about 7 feet up, both my wrists got swollen big time along with a severe concussion

i have also received 3rd degree burns from a motorcycle exhaust pipe

shattered my middle finger on a bike

broke the same three fingers on my right has from punching shit, twice

(i now punch soft things)

pretty much little stuff, going good so far...

Originally posted by El Mamerro

. For some reason, if I expect something bad to happen, it won't.

this is fuckin true....i also think of every possible scenario of something bad happening.....i imagine tthe pavement against my face as im being pinned to the ground by an angry cop, i imagine the lights, my parents faces when tehy pick me up after being arrested, and it never happens.......expect the worst, and anythin that happens wont be so bad, at least thats with my experiance

im not sure if people on here are picking up what your putting down. what youve said has happened to me on several occasions. and no im not a freak either but ive almost come to liking when my eyes are opened through something like that. most recently...

new years eve as a matter of fact, after being drunk the whole night and wrestling with my friends i literally dove head first into a solid wall when a friend put a spin move on me, and just like that, i went from being drunk and basically stupid and doing whatever everyone else was, to putting the whole night into perspective. as soon as i came off the wall with my lip split and my nose running more blood than a faucet, the taste of blood the sight of it, the pain in my face, seeing all the people gasping to see if i was alright, put the whole night into perspective. suprisingly enough its like clarity through chaos. i wasnt drunk anymore, i just stopped being drunk, i was totally aware of what was going on around me, it took about 4-5 seconds but i knew exactly what happened, why shit like that will happen again and why theres nothing i can do to stop it, and believe it or not, all those reasons along with some others, are why i appreceate events like those, and realise its good to be reminded of those things. i know exactly why ill forget the lessons ive learned, how ill be sucked into the grind of everyday life and just be another person untill my next visit to the floor, or wall.

same thing happened when i got jumped at a party for being from a different city. about 6-7 kids jumped me for being in their town and because my friends were fuckin up their friends. but to keep it short, i was hit about 13 times, give or take one or two, they tried to tackle me to get me onto the ground so they could kick me, but for every hit there was about 2 seconds of chaos in mind and the rest clarity. needless to say all those kids on me at one time, and they couldnt take me off my feet, despite the hits i took, despite the two attempts to just muscle me out and to the ground, i never left my feet, and ive still got someones upper jaw imprint in my palm :/

and now i ramble on.... sorry bout that, im just amazed i found someone who related to me on such an off topic... ever notice how its just head, or something with your face when you come to these conclusions? well thats how it is for me anyways

Guest imported_Tesseract

Splint, sorry man, that sucks.

Iceberg, now that you mention it, its mostly the head, i supose it has to do mostly with that disoerientation and defocus feeling you get.

Mammero, that happens to me to, i almost got caught by the police in an airport for acting extra paranoid and sweating like a pig, but thats another story:D

Guest BROWNer

small accidents are fresh cuz you get shook up and you think

'holy fuck' for a few days. i got close-lined by a leaning tree about 2 months

ago while riding my bike....i hit it face first and got knocked

clean off my bike. it was pretty fun. i writhed around for about

10 long minutes trying not to shit and puke at the same

time. that tree kicked my ass. did i learn something really

important other than to watch where i'm going?

not really, though i hold a certain contempt for that tree now, mixed

with an odd appreciation of how tough trees are.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by BROWNer

an odd appreciation of how tough trees are.

That sounds like a good lesson to me:D

Seriously now, i agree its always how you want to see and translate things. I believe that in this case the only objective thing that can be said is that you lose control for a while and thats dope for several reasons, beyond that its in ones desire to take it to another level.

Onw more thing, the thing that intrigues me the most is the fact of how much hidden power you own and you're not aware of.

Its wise that way and i like the fact that different procedures unleash different amounts of strength

My boy got thrown off his skateboard doing 30 being pulled by a car, well to sum it up..fractured skull, and broken collar bone, also had a siezure..but that wasnt the accident, the accident happened in his pants when he went into the siezure...yup, straight up shit and pissed all over himself...i felt sorry for him when they loaded him into the ambulance and took him to the hospital..he just now is remembering my name...sad.

Guest BROWNer

well it would seem that way wouldn't it...

i guess i worded that wrong..

i have a huge appreciation of trees, always have.

not to sound all hippy dippy, in a karmatic(sp?word?)

sense, i didn't deserve it at all. why? well.....

lets just say i've done alot for the reforestation

of my province. that in no way means i expect

in some funny way that somehow trees the world

over owe me some respect cuz i helped out their

kind....:D

anyhow...i've always known trees are bad asshttp://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon8.gif'>

*okay, so the lesson is a 're-affirmation'..:cool:

So here goes the Mother mode. What the hell did he expect going 30 miles an hour behind a car?

Other than that, I think you should have been more concerned about his serious injuries and apparent brain damage, rather than whether he shit his pants.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Yeah, TREES ARE BADASS.

I always think about trees and stop wanting to make art, if that makes any sense

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Accident anecdote (stylized for effect)

A year an a half ago I was having a party at my place. I don't mean to gloat, but my parties own everyone. They're the fucking best ever, but that's a whole other story.

So here we were, a shitload of people at my house, getting tanked and blazed with my parents, chugging beers, lining up the B-52 shots, cars in the driveway blaring stereos, hot chicks playing pool, the whole nine yards. I was progressively getting drunker and drunker, which isn't a big deal, since I am exceptionally good at being aware of what's happening and being in control regardless of how fucked up I am. Midnight goies by and gin-and-toni9cs switch to rum-and-cokes, B-52 shots turn into tequila shots, and everything justs getsa wilder and better. By like 4 am, we're out of shots, so my dad pulls out the Monster, which is an old Clorox bottle filled with pitorro, a very illegal and highly flammable type of homemade rum with an alcohol content similar to everclear. Im liek whatever, ill hit that shit, I dont think I can get much drubker than I already am. First shot I slug gets rejected bym my stomach and flies back out my nose, burning the living shit out of my sinusses and leaving me unable to berathe for like 20 minutes. After those went by, I hit 2, 3, 4 shots of it, and the paryt just keeps getting doper. I go to mybakc prohch, hit onthegi rls ath the pool table, sit in teh hamokc with my a fewfriensd, where we start discussing whatsthe bset martialart.Myfrinedd saysitsjuijutsie,tehother friendsaysitsjuodorkickbxiong or s omes hitli kethat and wshileshemo....

All of a sudden, I'm up, perfectly awake, and everyone is screaming at me. Everyone in front of me looks really scared, and I'm like, "Damn, I'm such a drunken fool I must've fell of the chair and passed out". But then I noticed everyone is drenched in blood, and so is my shirt. My friend starts sticking ice cubes in my mouth, which I spit out asking what the fuck is wrong with him. I'm saying out loud, "Guys, I'm alright, I just fell, gimme a beer." I really felt absolutely fine, so I start to struggle out of people's arms. Then one friend grabs me by the back of the head and pushes my face in front of the rearview mirror on my dad's bike, and says "Dude, you're NOT ok, look!!"

Above my right eye was a HUGE gaping crater with cracks running all the way to the other side of my forehead, blood streaming down my face, and a white glint of bone in the center of the hole. I chuckle at how horrible it looks, and say "Shit. That's pretty fucked up. Ha."

Needless to say, I was whisked to the hospital by my best friend and my dad, both of which were just as drunk as I was or even worse. All the funny shit that happened on the way there belongs to another story. But anyways, what had happened was that in that martial arts argument, my friend started talking about how he could make someone pass out in 3 seconds with a chokehold, and I had laughed at him. I then voluntarily told him to try it on me (Hooray for Idiot #1), and he did, making me pass out in less than 1 second. My body, however, kept moving and trying to make him let go, so he thought the chokehold hadn't worked and let me go. I stood on my feet supposedly looking fine, but I was way gone, and when he turned around I just went facefirst into the floor, splitting my skull on a jagged concrete tile corner and scraping the fuck out of my bottom teeth, while blood gushed in streams (aided by the alcohol in it).

50+ stitches later, I realized how unexpectedly my life had changed... I was gonna leave for college a few days later, which was postponed until I had the stitches removed. I couldn't go out in the sun without a huge bandage covering my head (I was used to going to the beach EVERY day), I couldn't dance, drinking water hurt the fuck out of my teeth, and I knew I was gonna have a huge scar on my head that everyone would keep asking about for the rest of my life. The most fun times I've had one moment, two seconds later it's a nightmare. These were all superficial things, but it just showed me how quickly and beyond my control something that could alter the course of my life can happen. And you think that you've learned so much from that, but the next year something else happens and makes you learn it all over again. It freaks me out to think what my next life-altering injury/accident will be, and I'm really scared that it'll involve my right hand. After a whole lifetime of training my right hand to express whatever I see in my mind, it is probably my most valuable asset and the one physical thing I rely on the most for success. But, since I'm already expecting something to happen to it, maybe it won't. It's scary... The one thing that'll be the highlight of tomorrow will be the one I expect the less; it never fails to be that way.

Wow, this was rambling. Beer,

El Mamerro

"i wasnt drunk anymore, i just stopped being drunk, i was totally aware of what was going on around me, it took about 4-5 seconds but i knew exactly what happened, why shit like that will happen again and why theres nothing i can do to stop it, and believe it or not, all those reasons along with some others, are why i appreceate events like those, and realise its good to be reminded of those things. i know exactly why ill forget the lessons ive learned, how ill be sucked into the grind of everyday life and just be another person untill my next visit to the floor, or wall."

:) your not alone el, its better to recognize it and be powerless then to not see it at all.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by Tesseract

I always think about trees and stop wanting to make art, if that makes any sense

the way i'm taking that it makes perfect sense. not just trees but nature in general will make me feel that way sometimes. its perfect.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Yeah, it kinda sabotages the god feeling artists often have.

I get frustrated when i realise that i dont have access to materials nature uses...well Frankenstein is a great book and sums up the whole issue i'm talkin about.

I know you understand, you've been workin on prosthetics for gods sake:D

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Call me an idiot, but every time I travel, I start going through a list in my head of all the bad things that can happen to me. For some reason, if I expect something bad to happen, it won't. Something else bad always happens to me, something I didn't mention on that list, which gets added to the new list I make next time I travel.

Seems like the only thing that really changes lives are accidents... If it didn't happen as an accident, then it didn't change your life, since you were expecting it and your life simply followed the expected format. I'm not making any fucking sense to myself.

But yeah, I get that feeling a lot, when an accident happens and you realize that everything you had planned (at least for the short term) gets thrown out the window and its time to think things all over again. I don't know, it's hard to describe, and I need sleep. Beer,

El Mamerro

Hah! Damn man, i do the same shit. Especially on planes, not only do i think of what can happen, but like i have visions of all of it in full detail.

As for accidents, near death ones..............i see them kinda as a second chance, a kick in the ass. just like mostly everyone said before.

Archived