Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Abu Ghraib Version 2.0

Discussion in 'News' started by swedish erotica, Feb 15, 2006.

1. swedish erotica

swedish erotica Banned

[​IMG]
    Scroll Next Post for story and more pictures.

2. swedish erotica

swedish erotica Banned

New Abu Ghraib abuse photos broadcast in Australia

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1621902&page=2

" SYDNEY (Reuters) - An Australian television station broadcast on Wednesday what it said were previously unpublished images of abuse of Iraqi prisoners in Abu Ghraib prison, stoking more Arab anger against the United States.

The Special Broadcasting Service's "Dateline" current affairs program said the images had been recorded at the same time as the now-infamous photographs of U.S. soldiers abusing detainees in Abu Ghraib which sparked international outrage in 2004.

Some of the newly broadcast pictures suggest further abuse such as killing, torture and sexual humiliation, Dateline said.

The grainy still photographs and video images, which were swiftly re-broadcast by Arab satellite television stations, show prisoners, some bleeding or hooded, bound to beds and doors, sometimes with a smiling guard beside them.

They include two naked men handcuffed together, a pile of five naked detainees photographed from the rear, and a dog straining at a leash close to the face of a crouching man wearing a bright orange jumpsuit.

The pictures stirred up more anger among Arabs, already incensed by the publication on Sunday of images of British soldiers apparently beating Iraqi youths and by cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad printed in European papers.

"This is truly American ugliness that no other country in the world can compete with," Yemeni journalist Saleh al-Humaidi told Reuters.

"The Americans ought to apologize to mankind for their government's lie to the world that it is fighting for freedom and that it came to Iraq to save it from Saddam Hussein's oppression," he said.

NEW ABUSES

Executive producer Mike Carey said Dateline had obtained a file containing hundreds of pictures — some that have been seen before and others that show new abuses.

He declined to say where or how the station had got hold of the images, but said he assumed other journalists or media also had access to them.

Several pictures appear to show U.S. soldier Charles Graner, who was jailed in January for 10 years for his leading role in the Abu Ghraib abuse revealed in the earlier batch of photographs. Graner's former lover, Lynndie England, was sentenced to three years for her part.

Some of the video footage apparently shows one prisoner bashing his own head against a wall, while some photographs appear to show corpses, said Carey.

The program said some prisoners at Abu Ghraib had been killed when U.S. soldiers ran out of rubber bullets as they tried to quell a jail riot, and resorted to using live rounds.

One picture showed what looked like cigarette burns on a man's buttocks.

Carey said other images featured prisoners in sexually humiliating acts that were deemed too graphic to broadcast.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has been granted access to the images under U.S. Freedom of Information provisions, but the U.S. government is appealing the decision, Dateline said.

ACLU lawyer Amrit Singh told Dateline the images were evidence of "systemic and widespread abuse" by U.S. soldiers.

The latest pictures will put more pressure on the United States over its treatment of detainees.

Five U.N. human rights experts have urged Washington to shut down the jail at its naval base at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba after concluding that forced-feeding of prisoners and some interrogation techniques there amounted to acts of torture.

"These are disgusting pictures … it's not strange for Americans to do such things. They've done it in Guantanamo and every prison that is under their control," said Mounir al-Mamari, an engineer in Yemen

3. Milton

Milton Senior Member

"You want war than it's war it's gon' be ni**a..."

4. swedish erotica

swedish erotica Banned

5. Milton

Milton Senior Member

My real question is why do they let pictures of that shit get out? If you're going to do it, don't get caught. Idiots....

My theory is that a good three quarters of the world needs to fucking man up and stop snitchin'. You're at war, fight on the field not in the Western media. KayThx.

"We're still at war with Al-Qaida, we're losing the war with Al Sharpton..."

6. BURLAP

BURLAP Member

yo, dude got tortured with peanut butter!
    and that one dude looks like he got his azz tazed pretty good.
    another day on planet what-the-fuck.

7. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

Yo, I don't think that's peanut butter...

...I just kind of threw up a little bit in my mouth.

8. swedish erotica

swedish erotica Banned

Thats one hell of a dirty sanchez.

9. Ishbel Bullen

Ishbel Bullen Junior Member

meh war is war. my opinion is, im not over there, im sitting in my warm house NOT getting blown up by people that look like civilians, letting other people get shot at, what the hell do i know? i think that unless im over there, im really not going to say anything.

10. yum

yum Junior Member

you my friend are a dipshit

so youre for gagging the media so the great and honorable US army can have a blank cheque?

11. Lonesome Cowboy Bill

Lonesome Cowboy Bill Member

I wanna see flix of some of the women prisoners..meeeow!!!

12. merk or be merked

merk or be merked Member

this is appalling....and americans wonder why everyone hates us? look how we treat othere nations......I fucking hope we get pushed ouot of iraq.....or that we get the balls to slowly leave ourselves.....this shit is way outa hand, and there is no way of getting it undercontroll....i hope all the sldier that w ere involved in this get shot in the face......this is us "librating them"....I on't see the difference...except instead ofhusain torturing, its our own soldiers

13. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

so youre for gagging the media so the great and honorable US army can have a blank cheque?
    [post=4321716]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

the way you wrote cheque make me think you aren't in the US, well here in the good ole U. S. of A. thats how we do. You don't like it?
    we'll be the rootines tootinest till the cows come home fella. You ain't one of them varmints is ya?

well, looks like dem damn camel jockeys got what they get, buddy.

10-4

seriously,
    I am sure this is just an example of some more of those 'bad apples' and certainly do not represent the position or practices of the Pentagon, the White House, and the CIA, if their practices should be exposed (in which case they will be made a scape goat and hung out to dry, something to keep in mind before accepting such a job in the first place)...

14. Milton

Milton Senior Member

[post=4321716]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Be practical for a second. You think that this kind of shit doesn't go on ad naseum by every country engaged in any sort of armed conflict? If you don't I'd accuse you of being extremely naive. My stand on civil liberties has nothing to do with it, but I hate how the media runs with the "tragedy" story and doesn't play both sides of what's going on. Yes, the US is torturing people. Oh my God, no! Oh wait, Israel is torturing people, the Taliban was torturing people, Al-Qaida is blowing civilians up by the skyscraper. The shit pisses me off esp. with respect to the Middle East. It's like the liberal media needs something to cry over, so they cry over how bad the Arab countries have it. Look up what the Palestinians did when they took Israeli villiages during the first war. Gang raping women. And guess what, the Moors have been doing that from their first invasions to current day. Look at what the Muslim armies did to the Catholics in Lebanon when they invaded. Don't you think it's a little odd that there are Catholics that look Arab? That wasn't assimilation by choice, believe me. I'm sorry, they're bitching up now. They need to man up. So, like I said... "you want war, then it's war it's gonna be..."

And by the way, it's "rootin'est tootin'est..."

Milton, cry me a river (over and out.)

15. yum

yum Junior Member

trust me mate im not naieve at all about what goes on in war. the thing is i truly believe the west is civilised enough to conduct warfare without torture or abuses, ie following the geneva convention. we're meant to be an example of virtue and thats what your country is purportedly attempting to instill in Iraq's government (although we all know that isnt true) yet shit like this and im sure much more is constantly going on. I dont even blame it on the stupid soldiers that do it entirely, i think that moral and ethical behaviour would trickle from the top down and unfortunately as far as i have seen there isnt a source of it for the people at the bottom to look to as an example.