Absolutely nothing to do with hip-hop

VANDALISTIKO

this has probably been posted before and if it has i dont care.....

Graffiti is Graffiti, hip-hop as a culture wants graffiti to be a part of it so that the culture can have street credibility. When some emcee, breakdancer, or dj tells me that we are doing it for the culture that shit kills me, rhymin on a mic is nothing compared to bombin djying takes talent but it aint nothing that can get you 3 years in a federal correctional institute and tell me that last time and breakdancer fell off a bridge to keep the culture alive, fuck that. Hip hop is not the culture that graffiti belongs in, Graffiti in itself is the culture and our cultural music is the sound of a can spitting out paint, our food is the 7-11 slurpees, our art is the one we paint on a wall, our people are the whole world and our enemy is society. Hip hop is accepted by all levels of society, even i listen to hip hop, underground mind you which is the true hip hop but i wont ever say that im part of the hip hop culture just because i do graffiti, sorry for taking your time im just ranting.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

true.

that's "falling off a bridge" is a good point.

I dont think 'graffiti' is a culture. Sure there's a 'scene',

but we're really just poeple writing on walls.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by VANDALISTIKO

rhymin on a mic is nothing compared to bombin djying takes talent but it aint nothing that can get you 3 years in a federal correctional institute

Both take talent and both can get you years if done properly:D

graffiti is for hoboes with or without homes!!!!!

and what really pisses me off is when you meet "johnny hip hop" and somehow it comes up that you write he can somehow automatically get down with you even though he tells you what he writes and its like "shelltoeone"

Guest L.RonHubbard

I dont know about all that Emceeing aint nothing compared to bombing. I think they deserve equal credit. THe scariest thing for me ever is public speaking or preformance, and thast what MCing is all about. I know I couldnt be a good emcee because i dont have the power to get up their and rock the crowd. An emcee who can turn the place out just by his stage presence and charisma is just as deserving of propers as someone like ayer or tie or any risky spot type character.

Guest KONFLIKT

STUDY YO HISTORY

PERHAPS GRAFF AND HIP-HOP ARE NOT RELATED THESE DAYS. BUT, WHEN IT FIRST STARTED OUT IT WAS ALL ONE MOVEMENT. IT ALL CAME OUT AT THE SAME TIME. THE RAP CAME OUT THE BREAKERS DANCED TO IT THE TABLIST SPUN TO IT, AND THE GRAFF WRITERS UASUALLY DID ONE OF THESE ELEMENTS. ITS NOT RELATED TO THE MUSIC BUT IT IS PART OF THE CULTURE. ITS LIKE HOW LSD WAS PART OF THE HIPPIE CULTURE. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WIT THE MUSIC OR THE FIGHTING OF THE POWER IT WAS JUST THERE AND EVERYBODY IN THAT HIPPIE CULTURE DID IT. THATS HOW GRAF IS... OR WAS, IT WAS JUST PART OF THE CULTURE. TODAY THOUGH... I THINK ITS ALL SEPRATE. YOU GOT BREAKERS WHO DONT REALLY TIE INTO MOST OF THE RAP MUSIC TODAY. MAD DJ'S ARE GOING TECHNO WHIT DOSNT FIT INTO HIP HOP, AND GRAFF IS JUST KINDA A INDEPENDENT ELEMENT. BUT WHEN IT STARTED IT WAS PART OF A CULTURE.

THANKS FO READING, YOU WILL RECIEVE YOUR PRIZE IN 10-15 BUSINESS DAYS VIA PRIORITY MAIL.

KON-

being that im 19 i cant say where graff came from or how it came from hiphop, i only know what im told. no first hand experience but i will say...

if it wasnt for hiphop all your suburban white boys wouldnt be doing shit..

and since half the kids on the hit board are suburban white boys...

now i know not all but most. you say yea i dont listen to hiphop blah blah im a rocker. well name punk rock groups that influenced you to write graffiti...i cant think of any. so the commerical success of graffiti through hiphop brought it to the suburbs, now that doesnt mean you had to buy an Ice T record to pick up graffiti, it was there and you could see it though. just like now, you may not drink sprite but youll still see the graffiti on their ads, and if you didnt previously know what it was you might go, yo that word looks dope i wanna make my name like that, yet you dont drink sprite...so while it came from the sprite add that doesnt mean you have to be a sprite drinker.

in relation my point is, just becuase you dont like hiphop doesnt mean hiphop didnt influence you to write. now i know every one of you will go blah blah my friends older brother wrote something something and wasnt hiphop blah blah but the fact is you white boy in wyoming...you wouldnt be writing most likely if it wasnt for the commericalization of hiphop. it would be a grimey ghetto thing to do.

i got into graff through other elements of hiphop, i then found out that its not centrally based aroud hiphop though becuase yes in fact many many writers claim no part in hiphop, i still know where it came from in my perspective though.

im right. dont argue whitey were both the same. sucka

if you enjoy both than don't care that they are put together. if you don't like hiphop then know that they don't go together for you and that is all that matters. who the fuck cares how somthing you do is labeled. i like graffiti. i like hiphop. i listen to hiphop while im on my way to graffiti. who fucking cares. if i listened to monk chants i would still go paint the same shit. if you think they go together have fun with it, if you don't then don't worry about it.

Originally posted by Samsara

if you enjoy both than don't care that they are put together. if you don't like hiphop then know that they don't go together for you and that is all that matters. who the fuck cares how somthing you do is labeled. i like graffiti. i like hiphop. i listen to hiphop while im on my way to graffiti. who fucking cares. if i listened to monk chants i would still go paint the same shit. if you think they go together have fun with it, if you don't then don't worry about it.

well put, life is too short to get wound up by this sought of thing.

Originally posted by Wheelbite

Dialing seven digits. Call up Bridget, her man's a midget. Plus she has friends. Yo I can dig it. Here is a "forty" swig it. You know it's fridged. I got them chilling in the cooler, break out the ruler.

damn , thats the fattest rapper ive ever seen chillin down in cali makes it feel like maui , now we into good vibrations so many females so much inspiration .

Originally posted by L.RonHubbard

An emcee who can turn the place out just by his stage presence and charisma is just as deserving of propers as someone like ayer or tie or any risky spot type character.

you got to be fuckin kidding me, i liked all your points and this was basically a rant because that day some kid said some stupid shit to me but saying an emcee is on the likes of ayer and tie....i dont think so

Archived