Absinthe!

lameassnigga

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of my friends brought a bottle from israel, i didnt get that much but it was quite nice. I didnt have any hallucinations or visual imagery or impairment of any kind. to me it was like having just a little opium and a shot of something mellow. i doubt that website will get you the real shit and if they would the wont ship to the us i presume.

here's the real deal:

the absinthe of legend isn't made anymore.

1 - the wormwood is totally different and not used in modern brews.

2 - it was all brewed in lead pots, so you'd get heavy metal poisioning.

3 - just like parmesean and pasta.... absinthe was just a vehicle for lodenium.

having said that,

I drank 3 shots of portugese absenthe in december and man....

the only thing to compare it to ig GHB which is used as a knockout drug.

Technically it's a sinthesised(sp) human hormone that makes you feel

like a 13 year old boy who's just discovered masturbation.

*and it makes the world slant sideways.

im quoting myself from last years thread

"wormwood is the ingredient that is what makes absinthe legit. i think there are something only like 3 countries in the world that produce the real deal. a couple of new years ago a friend had a bottle of the real stuff brought in from chechoslavakia (i know it is a horrible spelling). i also drank bought half a bottle of vodka but that stuff messed me up even more. i kind of almost felt like i was tripping but not. it was wild and crazy stuff."

if i could describe the feeling the first time i drank the real deal absinthe it would be EXCACTLY what kilo said...like a 13 year old school boy wjo just discovered masturbation

my friends father has a bottle in his house he got into russia 10 years ago..still hasnt cracked it yet...he is moving to chicago in a few months and leaving everything to my friend...hopefully that bottle can be the first thing we do when he moves in...

the 'real stuff' might be but unless it gives you lead poisioning and is mixed with opium.....

then it's NOT the 'real stuff' that Van Gogh and all the other 'headz' in Paris were drinking a hundred years ago.

yeah... mius the lead poisioning.

Getting too much lead in the water was what brought the collapse of rome.

I think it can seriously fuck with your average pesant.

like burnination!

I drank some Portuguese absinthe not too long ago. It was like the opposite of getting drunk. I went to a frat party while I was on it and I couldn't do anything but stand there and tweak out thinking about how much fraternities piss me off. I felt like I could have done a lot of homework or written a tweaked-out Jack Kerouac style story or something. I wouldn't say that I felt like a "13 year-old who just discovered masturbation" though. Maybe I didn't drink enough. I can definately see why a lot of artists and writers like it though...it makes your mind crazy clear.

My brother is an absinth conneiussuer. He has like 10 bottles of the stuff, some of which run up to about $700 each. They are in some special absinthe cabinet, complete with expensive silver spoons, and he has some werid faucet type thing to pour the water in. It's some serious stuff.

I've told him he should start wearing vellvet suits and grow a pencil thin moustache, but so far he has yet to listen to my expert advice.

Guest uncle-boy

"3% discount when ordering 5 and more bottles"

:lol:

what the fuck kinda discount is that???

......... im actually pondering ordering a bottle.

reference the movie hell if your curious about how the old schollers use to use it....couple drops of opium on a sugar cube...melt the sugar into a liquid state and mix with the green stuff...

as far as i know the only most available brand that stays true to the og formula is SEBOR ABSYNTHE...i believe its made in europe somewhere...that paticular product claims to be the most legit...although that could be some bullshit sales pitch...

i would suspect that homeboy's brother who has the cabinet has some opinion...and i think he should talk to his brother for us...that would be nice...

as for the truest form of absinthe...with the lead and all: i highly doubt it would kill you to polish off a bottle of it...not in one sitting of course...

if youve dropped what you believe to be acid, mesc., ecstacy, etc...dont tell yourself that everytime youve done either of those drugs, that they have been clean and uncut with some sort of poison...that would be untrue unless you made it yourself...a pack of cigarettes is probably worse than a bottle of REAL absynthe...

so, DR>DAZZLE, when your brother throws an absynthe party let me know...i would happily join in for the experience...