Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Absinthe

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Big Bruno, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

I don't know if a discussion on absinthe would be tolerated on this board. From what I've looked up, it is legal in most countries, but not mine. So if this thread is outside of the rules, please feel free to close it, and except my apologies.

Today my ex came over and gave me a bottle of absinthe that she bought for me in Spain. I've been doing a little research, but I wanted to hear any of you guy's insights, stories, or warnings regarding said drink. I've been wanting to try it for awhile now, and I currently have a liter bottle in my possession. I'm anxious. I'm what some would call an alcoholic, and wouldn't want to over do it.

So, please share.

2. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

I've heard most absinthe isn't anything special.

3. wiseguy

wiseguy Elite Member

absinthe is still available almost everywhere, however, the hallucinogens are now filtered out of any legitimate brands of absinthe, im told that bootleg absinthe (the real deal) is available in some eastern european countries. so chances are that if your bottle is a legitimate brand, it will not have any of the hardcore stuff in it. but be warned! absinthe is about 70% alcohol, so it is still pretty nasty stuff... i have also tried wormwood tea, which kinda fucks with you pretty good, and is not illegal at all (at least not here in australia) and if you can stomach the taste of it (fucking nasty) you will be set for some good times.

4. shaolinmasta

shaolinmasta Veteran Member

Mate you are what I would call a bitch, drink that shit, NOW!

5. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

Absinthe reminds me of akynyle. (or however he spells it)

which reminds me of that "put it in your mouth song"

now that shit is stuck in my head.

6. KRAUT

KRAUT Junior Member

We had a little absinthe-party about a year ago and a friend of mine killed about half a bottle. After that he puked into his own living room (cork floor) and slept in that shit. When he woke up next morning he puked again, then went under the shower and puked again. Funny thing is we got a picture of him on his knees puking in his living room:D
    He most definetely hasn't touched any absinbthe since then plus he's getting sick everytime he smells any absinth-like substance :rolleyes:

7. skullnbones

skullnbones Elite Member

please please explain this wormwood tea.

8. random

random New Jack

drink it, its fun. mix it with sugar water if you want. or drink it straight. just do it

9. Don't Panic

Don't Panic Member

Sebor Absinth (advertised in that Bizarre(?) magazine) is supposed to be the real deal, and it is a legitimate brand. Absinthe is illegal in most countries (unlike everyone is telling you) because absinthe is not absinthe without the wormwood. It's legal in the the czech republic, and sebor will ship where ever.
    This is all just from reading up on it. I've never had the money to drop on some shit like that.seborabsinth.com

10. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Check it out on erowid.com.. those vaults can be helpful.

11. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

http://www.londonpostcard.co.uk/images/southpark/sp3007.jpg'>
    [b]Chocolate salty balls?[/b]

12. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

My brother has a whole bottle of Absinthe in his room. I'm going to go steal some.....

13. TheoHuxtable

TheoHuxtable Senior Member

14. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

wormwood is the ingredient that is what makes absinthe legit. i think there are something only like 3 countries in the world that produce the real deal. a couple of new years ago a friend had a bottle of the real stuff brought in from chechoslavakia (i know it is a horrible spelling). i also drank bought half a bottle of vodka but that stuff messed me up even more. i kind of almost felt like i was tripping but not. it was wild and crazy stuff.

15. Mr.ie

Mr.ie New Jack

what you need to know:

-its rank
    -itll fuck you up.

where i am, bars are only allowed to sell you 2 shots of the stuff in one evening.