Absinthe

Big Bruno

I don't know if a discussion on absinthe would be tolerated on this board. From what I've looked up, it is legal in most countries, but not mine. So if this thread is outside of the rules, please feel free to close it, and except my apologies.

Today my ex came over and gave me a bottle of absinthe that she bought for me in Spain. I've been doing a little research, but I wanted to hear any of you guy's insights, stories, or warnings regarding said drink. I've been wanting to try it for awhile now, and I currently have a liter bottle in my possession. I'm anxious. I'm what some would call an alcoholic, and wouldn't want to over do it.

So, please share.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

absinthe is still available almost everywhere, however, the hallucinogens are now filtered out of any legitimate brands of absinthe, im told that bootleg absinthe (the real deal) is available in some eastern european countries. so chances are that if your bottle is a legitimate brand, it will not have any of the hardcore stuff in it. but be warned! absinthe is about 70% alcohol, so it is still pretty nasty stuff... i have also tried wormwood tea, which kinda fucks with you pretty good, and is not illegal at all (at least not here in australia) and if you can stomach the taste of it (fucking nasty) you will be set for some good times.

Originally posted by big bruno

I don't know if a discussion on absinthe would be tolerated on this board. From what I've looked up, it is legal in most countries, but not mine. So if this thread is outside of the rules, please feel free to close it, and except my apologies.

Today my ex came over and gave me a bottle of absinthe that she bought for me in Spain. I've been doing a little research, but I wanted to hear any of you guy's insights, stories, or warnings regarding said drink. I've been wanting to try it for awhile now, and I currently have a liter bottle in my possession. I'm anxious. I'm what some would call an alcoholic, and wouldn't want to over do it.

So, please share.

Mate you are what I would call a bitch, drink that shit, NOW!

We had a little absinthe-party about a year ago and a friend of mine killed about half a bottle. After that he puked into his own living room (cork floor) and slept in that shit. When he woke up next morning he puked again, then went under the shower and puked again. Funny thing is we got a picture of him on his knees puking in his living room:D

He most definetely hasn't touched any absinbthe since then plus he's getting sick everytime he smells any absinth-like substance :rolleyes:

Originally posted by wiseguy

absinthe is still available almost everywhere, however, the hallucinogens are now filtered out of any legitimate brands of absinthe, im told that bootleg absinthe (the real deal) is available in some eastern european countries. so chances are that if your bottle is a legitimate brand, it will not have any of the hardcore stuff in it. but be warned! absinthe is about 70% alcohol, so it is still pretty nasty stuff... i have also tried wormwood tea, which kinda fucks with you pretty good, and is not illegal at all (at least not here in australia) and if you can stomach the taste of it (fucking nasty) you will be set for some good times.

please please explain this wormwood tea.

Sebor Absinth (advertised in that Bizarre(?) magazine) is supposed to be the real deal, and it is a legitimate brand. Absinthe is illegal in most countries (unlike everyone is telling you) because absinthe is not absinthe without the wormwood. It's legal in the the czech republic, and sebor will ship where ever.

This is all just from reading up on it. I've never had the money to drop on some shit like that.seborabsinth.com

wormwood is the ingredient that is what makes absinthe legit. i think there are something only like 3 countries in the world that produce the real deal. a couple of new years ago a friend had a bottle of the real stuff brought in from chechoslavakia (i know it is a horrible spelling). i also drank bought half a bottle of vodka but that stuff messed me up even more. i kind of almost felt like i was tripping but not. it was wild and crazy stuff.

Archived