1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

??? ABOUT SLGG AND WLO

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by IRON WIZARD, Jan 21, 2004.

1. IRON WIZARD

IRON WIZARD New Jack

??? ABOUT SLGG AND WLO

Discussion started by IRON WIZARD - Jan 21, 2004

SIDNEY and LOWE RR
    WATERLOO RY. CO is the only info i can dig up upon days of searching the id letters . any general info on either of these 2 companies would be a help. are they pool cars ? whats their general geographical areas , what if any is there conection to CN ? , and anything else you might want to add

IRON WIZARD - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  2. Bosco

Bosco 12oz Member

Bosco - Replied Jan 22, 2004

http://www.uprr.com/customers/shortline/li...es/sidney.shtml The above link is for the Sidney and Lowe RR, its headquartered in Nebraska. No Canadian RR connections, I did find a website w/ pictures of SLGG boxcars, all 50 footers, the majority are exterior ribbed, some are excess height, in various colors, but no logos, just the reporting marks, numbers, and other important info...Its just a small swithing line, they can own a huge amount of boxcars that may never see their homerails in Nebraska, which is why you've caught them in Canada, I'm not sure if their in some kind of pool service. Their probably just leased out to some company...

Heres the boxcar flix:http://freight.railfan.ca/slgg.html

I'll get some WLO info in a second...

Bosco - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. Bosco

Bosco 12oz Member

Heres the link to the boxcar pictures.http://freight.railfan.ca/wlo.html

The WLO was setup by the Illinois Central Railroad in the 50's, if you noticed, some of the boxcars in the above link are painted in the Illinois Central Grey paint w/ WLO reporting marks. The Illinois Central no longer exists, it was bought by Canadian National a few years ago, which may explain why the cars were caught in Canada...

4. Ident

Ident 12oz Member

Ident - Replied Jan 22, 2004

Ident - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. fr8otech

fr8otech 12oz Senior Member

fr8otech - Replied Jan 22, 2004

SLGG's a common place on Canadain Pacific lines. usually you'll see the brown high cubes, often mixed in with AOK and NOKL's; which are of similar size and colour

fr8otech - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. DankLordz

DankLordz 12oz Senior Member

DankLordz - Replied Jan 22, 2004

great, more bullshit going to canada. I for some reason though WLO had something to do with ohio, so I was crushing them whenever I could.

DankLordz - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. IRON WIZARD

IRON WIZARD New Jack

IRON WIZARD - Replied Jan 22, 2004

thanks BOSCO that would explain why i have caught slgg' s as for south as florida .
    i have also caught wlo in florida as well
    the home rails info was one ? im glad you could answer thanks .

as for INDENT you and me got the same info ...but thanks anyway

FR8OTECH not 2 disagree but all my catches have been on a CN line with mainly ic, icg, cn ,cna , wlo, slgg, cvc, rbox, wccl,cv,gtw,kcs, bnsf and csx thats pretty much it. on the CP line cp , cpaa,srn,drgw,mp,rbox,sp,cnw,vcy,kcs,soo,ns,bar and cr but thats in my area. by the way we catch alot of the same fr8's

DANKLORD keep crushing them the roll plus i ve caught you up on a few

thanks for the input

8. sober

sober Guest

sober - Replied Jan 22, 2004

FACTS:

1. one of the cars was definately flicked at one of my spots.
    2. Im up on the other side of one of those.

weird.

9. Bosco

Bosco 12oz Member

Hey Danklordz your thinking of WLE, Wheeling and Lake Erie Railroad, which operates in West Virginia and Ohio...

Theirs a lot of shortlines that own a whole fleet of boxcars that never even see their home rails. Some are like the Sidney and Lowe, their switching lines and bought up older cars from other railroads who had surplus cars, repainted them a standard color and applied new reporting marks and numbers, another example is the St. Mary's railroad, their reporting marks are "SM", you've probably seen them, they get crushed on the regular...I also live on a shortline, and I've seen pictures of their cars on the other side of the US, these are cars I've never seen before in their yard...Shortline cars travel more than most people think...

10. IRON WIZARD

IRON WIZARD New Jack

IRON WIZARD - Replied Jan 22, 2004

^^^^ more than one of mine

11. DankLordz

yo iron wizard, i dont usually flick my shit.. hit me up on the email and we'll maybe talk trades?

12. sober

sober Guest

sober - Replied Jan 22, 2004

yep. and they run on CN lines HEAVY also.

13. krowteN

krowteN 12oz Member

krowteN - Replied Jan 22, 2004

yeah i got a spot that gets cuts of Hi-C's with those marks. and these: qgry, lw, cnw, cdac, the red cp with the beaver. oar's too sometimes. standards also mixed in but usually nothing exotic. just rbox and ns. i know they make a straight line to canada and/or the west coast.

does anybody still see bar's consistently - (except those who live in bar territory) that same spot used to get bars by the dozen and all of a sudden the started getting hi cubes about 5 or 6 years ago.

krowteN - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  14. porque

porque 12oz Senior Member

porque - Replied Jan 22, 2004

...bosco...i heard the Saint mary's line was going under later this year and was actually on the auction block right now...i love those cars...

porque - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. DankLordz

I see BAR cars semi frequently on csx mixed lines.. nothing more than 2 or 3 a line though.