about my life

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest HESHIANDET

so ive decided that part of me wants to be where i am doing what im doing (trying toi break into the real world for a minute, stack some chips). but the other part of me is going crazy cause i'd much rather be hustling jetting on a whim and doing what I WANT to do. sometimes i feel like i let my feelings and othwers feelings controll my decisions and that makes me feel weak and a sellout to myself. feel me?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

You and I both hesh, you and I both. So far this year option 2 has been winning. It has to end soon, and it sucks.

make those chips but keep the hustle running on the back burner.

and just think... a few years of doing it the right way

can buy you a lot of credit to put towards other shit.

I one year from now I'll be in a totally different financial spot (rich, not broke)

and then there's way more freedom if you choose to jet.

i made the best of both.

got my degree and my super ill career job

still got all my crazy ass hustles, habits and hobbies

my own definition of success

life on my own terms.

it took a long time and a lot of work to get here.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

i hope ive ended, or end up, like @#$%

in the end, do what makes you happy.

realize though, what makes you happy today, may not in a month or year, so be willing to be openminded and change.

it doesnt feel like you're 'doing it for yourself'.

even a shit job that pays next to nothing can

be the right thing to do if you're smart and focus your energy.

Build up shit while you're stuck there so that when

you get out... you've got reserves to tap.

oh... and stay away from the ski...

only after being out for 3 weeks have I noticed just how fucked up it makes you.

I think it's about 'working for the man'

instead of 'making it for self' even if the second option is more like 'fucking around'

then perhaps these lyrics don't pertain...

verything is bleak.

It’s the middle of the night.

You’re all alone and

the dummies might be right.

You feel like a jerk.

My music at work.

My music at work.

Avoid trends and cliches.

Don’t try to be up to date.

And when the sunlight hits the olive-oil,

don’t hesitate.

The night’s so long it hurts

My music at work.

In a symbol too far

or the anatomy of a stain;

to determine where you are,

in a sink full of Ganges, I’d remain -

No matter what you heard

in my music at work.

My music at work.

My music at work.

I call it, ’Olga Waits;

The Cloud That Entertains

The Dim Possibility of

Showing Some Restraint.’

The rain came down berserk.

My music at work.

My music at work.

On a star beyond the chart

or the dark side of a drop of rain.

determining where you are,

in a sink full of Ganges, I remain -

No matter what you heard.

My music at work.

My music at work.

My music at work.

La-la-la-la-la-la.

La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.

La-la-la-la-la-la.

La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.

Everythng is bleak.

It’s the middle of the night.

You’re all alone and

the dummies might be right.

Outside, the darkness lurks.

My music at work.

My music at work.

Hey fallen hummingbird,

my music at work.

From the middle of the earth,

my music at work.

Bound for bed without dessert,

my music at work.

My music at work.

My music at work.

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

its more about living w/ a girl and how that came to be........

relationships can take on a life of their own.

if it's getting to be too much, take off for a week or so to see friends.

the shit takes work.

it's hard and compromise is needed.

i've been living alone for a few months and i really enjoy it... it also gave me the room i thought i'd need before i start to get really settled into another serious relationship..

it took years of madness, self-sacrifice and work to make some of my relationships work.

they weren't all worth the effort

but i learned a lot.

and i won't make the same mistakes again.

i had some good times living with my guys.

but it wasn't always a bowl of cherris, fo sheezy.

well, there's two debates going on.

1. Work hard for a while in order to acheive something greater or go out on the road and take things as they come, experience as much as you can, etc. etc.

2. Do things for yourself or for others.

For #1, I'm going to have a tough time working that out when I'm out of school as well. I can't really help you there. Although, I do imagine a happy medium can be reached.

For #2, I don't think there's any question. Always do things for yourself. Don't try to please others, only keep yourself in mind...as far as choosing where you want your life to go is concerned.

right on hesh, i hear ya.

ive been dealing with this for sometime and will continue struggling with it for even longer. i let myself slip for about 2 years, without a job and not doing well in school. another huge mistake on my part.

but im back in the work population, making money and acquiring shit, and eventually im hoping ill grow up and start handling my business in a more responsible manner.

/til then.

Hesh....

It's not so much of a question of selling yourself out but really it's your sense of self-preservation that's throwing that sobering cup of cold reality on you.

It's fun to hustle, wheel and deal, take from the buffet table of life as you wish but that route is sketchy and fraught with periods of time that are cold, skinny and indifferent as to how you end up.

Not to say that a structured, routine way of living is without it's own pitfalls. By subscribing to a day by day schedule you risk apathy, burnout and losing a sense of true self.

I'd say the key to it is skillfully blending the two so that (as 311 once said) keeping your head in the clouds but your feet on the ground.

Yes, easier said than done but if you're able to pull it off, you get to enjoy the benefits and secuirty of a straight and narrow lifestyle colored with the sense of individuality and freewheeling habits established in your formative twenties.

But whatever you do, don't go spending your cash on lame shit like shiny rims or anything else that depreciates in value in a vain attempt to prove to yourself that you have yet to sel out to the man.

On Weapon X's Note:

You must have been phlegmatic in stature

The gates of thanos are a spread eagle wide

You let the shutters make sackcloth and ashes

Out of a blind mans picaresque heart

You take the veil

You'll take the dive

You take the veil

It's not over till the tremulant sings

These ides of march

Are they so make believe

How tempts the revenant

Slice up and not across

You take the veil

You'll take the dive

You take the veil

A mass of gallon sloth

As flys have walls for feet

A rapturous verbatim-someone said but who is to know

And when you find the fringe

The one last hit that spent you

You'll find the ossuary spilling by the day

The iconoclastic had it coming for years

They know the prisons that you have yet to fear

Where thumbs hide inside of sleepingbag mouths

Adlib your memoires by casting a drought

You take the veil

You'll take the dive

You take the veil

A mass of gallon sloth

As flys have walls for feet

A rapturous verbatim-someone said but who is to know

And when you find the fringe

You'll find the ossuary spilling by the day

Knife me in -hobbeling

Talking in it's sleep again

Knife me in-hobbeling

And you will find

The greatest fucking lie

Of aneurysm vespers

The ones that pile

Up the greatest fucking lies

Knife me in hobbling

Knife me in hobbling

Talking in It's sleep again

Virulent hives- of bedpost piles

Virulent hives

Who brought me here

Forsaken,depraved and wrought with fear

Who turned it off

The last thing I remember now

Who brought me here

Forsaken,depraved and wrought with fear

Who turned it off

The last thing I remember now

Who brought me here

from my experience....

the vast majority of 'hustlers' wind up running in circles. they take two steps backward for every step they take forward. minor gains and major ultimate dissapointment. occasionally it works out, but not usually.

theres really no reason you can't have both as long as you're willing to act within reason. i mean, look at me....you know i've always done everything i've wanted. i have the 'straight and narrow' life for a year or two (still painting, taking trips, whatever) then i take a year or two off and fuck around a lot. theres no reason you can't do the same. hell, look at our homie serk. you just got to decide what you want to accomplish, once you get that nailed down, it's easy to figure out what it will take to get there.

if all this is just about your girl, and you feeling like you're not ready to settle down, thats a bit of a different story and not so easy to answer. all i can really say on that is that from my experiences, monkey's a cool ass girl, and although perhaps a little nuts, you're going to be hard pressed to find someone that fits you as well as she does. maybe there are huge problems i dont know about, but i think you should be a little realistic about things, otherwise you might wind up throwing away something pretty good.

this shit is so damn complicated and i stress about it all the time.

after i graduated from college i took a year and half off and basically just caused trouble for myself and everyone around me. but that's exactly what i needed to do at the time.

the problem is, now that i'm trying to regroup a bit and get my shit together, it's been harder and harder for me to commit to do that because i got a taste of a much more open life.

i still think you can do both, but i have to agree with seeking that, especially in our general social circle, people that end up choosing to hustle lose to the hustle, one way or another: jail, death etc.

i personally end up getting to the point where i wish i didn't have options anymore: like someone would just make choices for me and i'd live with them rather than having to worry so much about them myself. obviously, that would be fucking terrible in practice, but in theory it always seems like it would make my life easier.

in the end, i have to have faith that you can have both, even if it's in moderation.

My nig Hume said your reason is just a slave to your passions. Basically this means. If you didn't have some sort of emotional reaction to things you wouldn't be motivated to use your head to act. So if you believe that ( I think it makes sense ).. then your not really selling out to yourself by being ruled by your feelings... its just a part of being human.

You should note though that feelings are pretty complex .. I don't think it's ever as clear as I feel "A" so I'll do "B" (note: "B"='s "jetset and just generally come with the hectic-ness".)

I need to stop quoting all these philosophers. It's making me feel pretentious...

Anyway, as for actual input .. I think people have already said what I'de say..

Originally posted by !@#$%

my own definition of success

life on my own terms.

Great advice.

Who said you can't be successful and have fun? If I can do it, you can too. Just do it all in moderation. I'm a drunk, stoner, and I used to slang more dunks on Ebay than Urban Outfitters (and I'm a straight A student). I'm a little younger than you, so I have less responsibilities. Once I'm out of school, I will probably be living the "narrow" lifestyle (with the occassional drink of couse).

As far as living with your girl... I have no advice. I'm far from a relationship expert, but with the crazy love between you two, I'm sure it will work out.

^^

Yep selling clothing is one of the most consistent ways to make money.

I think now that you have graduated college, and the jobs that come your way will obvioulsy be well paid. I think setting a goal of getting the hell out of your comfort zone for a while and seeing how people on the other side of the world live will be great for you, trust me it will open your mind like nothing else can.

but what would i know, all i do is study, paint, and waste time with friends.

I'm almost always in the middle of doing what I want to do.... sometimes I will let my friends' advice influence me... but not any struggler I just may run into. I don't need friends, friends need me. I say if you don't do what you want to do when you want to do it you may not get another chance. Once an hour is gone, it's gone for ever. Do what lifts your spirits while listening to your own thoughts, and try not to let what others' say/do impose upon your manifestations and benvolence.

whatever happened to "life sucks when you grow up"? i had a fucking counselor tell me that in high school. well, here i am swinging a hammer and playing music, and despite the lack of a woman, i've never been more happy or focused. which is sad, because i'm depressed and sluggish. oh well. at least you have someone to share yourself with.

/take them lemons life gave you, and throw them through some motherfucker's windshield.

Archived