abercrombie and fitch boycott

garcia_vega

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?p=news&g=...l&ns=0&l=&m=&c=

i just got an email from a friend of mine from thailand asking me to boycott abercrombie and fitch (not like i shop there anyways,) and i figured i'd pass this along. now i'm not some super politically correct dude, but this is fuckin ridiculous. it's bad enough that abercrombie supplies all the frat guy fuckheads across america with those hats with the brims already torn up, but now they're going to encourage bigotry to?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

and if you follow that link, watch the whole slideshow if you can, not just the pic that shows up when you first open it--it's not like they just did it on one shirt it's like a whole line of shirts. i'm sure a lot of people will see this and think it's not really a big deal and asians shouldn't take offense to it, but to me it's just one more reason to hate that stupid ass store.

Guest me IS cool

Fuck them then... I do like the graphic tho. Besides they were too expensive but were extremely durable... either way...eh.

I heard a similar story that happened a while back concerning, uh... ralph lauren(i think) where he said he didn't want to sell his clothing to mexicans only whites.... something along those lines sorry if I'm wrong. But now the only place I can find his clothing(like I wanted it anyway) is in low budget stores....

i'm only part asian and i don't have any sort of racial pride or anything. i figured people would think the protestors are being too sensitive. but this pissed me off for more than the obvious reasons. a company like abercrombie--they have the preppy white kid market locked. that's their target audience. preppy white kids are gonna shop there whateverthefuck they decide to sell. so there's really no need for them to make things like this. they could keep making A&F lifeguarding track team phys ed. shirts and do good business. hell--i'd say besides preppy white kids, the people i see rockin abercrombie the 2nd most were preppy asian kids. maybe they'll even buy the shirts just like you said--to laugh at all the asians making too big a deal out of it. and A&F probably will get sales just because of the controversy this has created--maybe that was the plan. that's why it pisses me off. maybe next they'll come out with a leroy's fried chicken shirt or maria's freeway breakdown lane orange stand or something. maybe that will bump up the sales with the black and latino market. so call it "humor" if you want, but they're laughing all the way to the bank. and if you're asian, it's at your expense.

and sorry platipie if this was already posted. i wasn't on here for a couple weeks and i could have missed it.

yeah it already was posted, um btw it was tommy hilfiger who allegedly said that on the oprah winfey show...no one remembers the episode and oprah said he was never on so it was just some net bullshit..

personally iam not asian but i know if my race was being stereotyped like that i wouldnt like it

apparently there are some american indians who started a basketball team called the "whites" because they were taking the piss outta the fact that there are the washington redskins and atlanta braves there motto is "everythangs gonna be all white" hell funny shit

it pissed me off. i was going to make a stencil that said "THIS SHIRT IS RACIST." or something and go hit up 14 year old girls.

you wouldn't see them putting a blackfaced sambo on a shirt that says like "this cotton picked by real negroes" or some shit...

Guest -MOE LESTER-

yea garcia i agree with you......i dont really give a fuck about abercrombie...they are a stupid overpriced store that sells to preppy white kids, but when they add pictures of asian people making fun of them to be worn by prepp white kids? let preppy white kids laugh at us for being asian? have preppy white kids walking around with pictures of funny looking diragotory(sp) asian people on their shirts? fuck naw....if this was an asain company maybe it would slide, but abercrombie is not an asian based company....FUCK af, i have never and will never buy any of their clothes

Guest NoamChomsky

YO DAWG, THAT SHIT GOT ASIAN PEOPLE FUCKED UP.PLEASE BELIEVE IT.NOW PLEASE BELIEVE IVE BEEN KNOWN TO TOSS A BRICK OR TWO AT THE HAIGHT STREET GAP FROM TIME TO TIME BUT ALSO BELIEVE SINCE MY SHORTY GOT A JOB UP THERE I NEED A NEW PLACE TO "BRICK".THESE SHIRTS MAKE ME FEEL THE SAME WAY AS WHEN I ANALYZE THE MAGINOT LINE,WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING.PLEASE BELIEVE IT.NOAM2K2.

man, that's funny, i mean ironic, i didn't follow the link but i've got a little story. i was in the thrift store the other day, and they had this nice ass shirt, but when i picked it up i saw a small piece of fabric (what's this, a tiny patch?, i thought) with af on it over the heart (oh, a logo for abercrombie and fitch, smartly answering myself) then i threw it back and continued dredging. fuck a logo. i don't even care what third world country thier exploiting, everybody does it, even, dare i say, wal-mart:confused: , i really have a problem with af, gap, etc. who jack up the prices on the same shit the other slave drivers are selling you.

my email to abercrombie

Subject: I Would Love To Work For You!

Date: Apr 25 2002 6:31p

To: <peter_nagle@abercrombie.com>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! My name is Jane and I'm a resident in Los

Angeles. I must say, I LOVE your store!

I'm an inspiring designer, and I have some GREAT ideas

for more prejudice and stereotypical Abercrombie t-

shirts for blacks and Jews! Your store really provides

for all fraternity slut needs! Hope to hear from you

soon!!

Archived