Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Abandoned buildings and places.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by YourSistersAssCookie, Dec 11, 2005.

1. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

2. Tunnellurker

Tunnellurker New Jack

3. Brickos

Brickos Dirty Dozen Crew

4. CharonOverlord

CharonOverlord New Jack

I love these photos - I had a friend that was into urban exploration when I lived in Florida and she took me to an abandoned movie theater in Gainesville where the roof had caved in. I wish I could find the photos. One of the guys we went with found a life-sized plastic skeleton in the projector room. Beneath the curtain of the screen, there was a newspaper clipping torn off that just read "You Are Not Alone." It was like being in a horror movie.

5. enteruncreativename

enteruncreativename Member

Back in the day this was the place to watch a movie!
    rcnbsn.jpg

CharonOverlord likes this.
  6. CharonOverlord

CharonOverlord New Jack

A friend of mine brought his phone to a cemetery to watch a movie. He's actually a pretty big dude so he wasn't freaked out or anything, even though the cemetery was way off the beaten path. But at one point, he looked up from his phone and across the cemetery he noticed a person watching him. Then the person ducked behind a tree. This cemetery was miles from the city. He tells me he just went back to watching his movie and nothing happened but it totally freaks me out. That photo reminded me of his story for some reason. Random.

7. janesill

janesill New Jack

Have always been quite intrigued about the stories behind abandoned structures - how they were before and what they are now.

8. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

bump this thread because i just saw a commercial on the channel viceland for a new show called abandoned where they go exploring abandoned places like in this thread.

so my question....is anyone going to watch it?

9. One Man Banned

One Man Banned Dirty Dozen Crew

Possibly, but much more fun living it.

10. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

11. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

12. Shittles..TasteTheAsshole

Shittles..TasteTheAsshole Dirty Dozen Crew

*Bump this thread for Halloween*

vxywd2.jpg
    Old Creedmoor State hospital in NY i believe.

16lftqg.jpg
    Harlem Renaissance Ballroom

13. Brink

Brink Junior Member

Abandoned hospitals are spooky

14. Brink

Brink Junior Member

15. Shittles..TasteTheAsshole

Shittles..TasteTheAsshole Dirty Dozen Crew

Not enough graffiti shots, like I wanted to see more of the roof art but pretty decent ruins footage.