AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Telo

AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok i dont know if any of you are down with home renovation and building the property value on a building but some shit has really got me pissed off..

There is this new product out that is called "kronotex". Its basically a flooring that looks like hardwood flooring but is not really hardwood flooring that is free floating. (Put it down, no glues, no nails). It looks really great and would recommend it to anyone. (There are other brands too and its not necessarily "new")

Anyways, it is based on a tounge and groove system. 2 months ago i bought like 400 sq. ft. of it and have been laying it down in my loft over the past few weeks. I ran out of this shit last week and still have like 300 sq feet to go. So i casually go to the dealer and get some more.

Heres the deal, The producer of Kronotex(who is based in Germany) have decided to completely re-do the tounge and groove system while telo is working on his project. The "new" system has a completely different tounge shape and is an 1/8th inch lower than the original shit.

That means that i have to plain like 7 lengths of boards to fit into the original shit. PLUS i have to glue these pieces in place because they dont have a locking system due to the plaining.

So right now im chilling on a half refinished floor that has no completion date. Ive called and complained and demanded they send me some old shit cause im not going to go through all the hassle of plaining and gluing.

Im waiting on their call back.. I have a feeling i will be waiting for a long time.

sorry.. I just needed to vent my anger.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So here it is.. My dog doesnt like the flooring all that much.. I think she thinks its too hard.

http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/DeLaDealer/47.jpg'>

I like the way it looks..

http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/DeLaDealer/48.jpg'>

BUt as soon as it gets like 3/4 of the way across the room, all hell breaks lose. (view following photos)

http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/DeLaDealer/46.jpg'>

I have to put the blue matting down prior to the flooring. Its called "quiet walk".

http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/DeLaDealer/45.jpg'>

so thats it... i cant go any further..

Originally posted by CILONE/SK

You might be screwed if you can't get the same exact stuff. I hope not.

If i cant get the same stuff, im going to have to pull off some plain/glue action. I want this shit to be done so god dam bad so i can move onto laying tile in the bathroom.. grrrr....

God dammit.. Im looking at it right now and alot of stuff is running through my brain.. The main thing is talking to the company, the guy seemed really cool about shipping me some packages and said he was going to call around but i dont know. That is my first resort.

If that fails, im going to attept to have a bbuddy plain it to the exact length and then i will glue it. From what i hear, the new system locking into the old VIA plaining and glue doesnt look bad. NO major visible flaws. NOw if i fuck that all up, im going to pull off some art fag shit and get some weird tile pathway running through the middle of my floor.

Originally posted by CILONE/SK

Can you return it? since they don't have enough for you whole job.

the place i bought it is also my place of employment.. I cant return shit.. Its already all installed.. what .. amd i going to give them a pile of cut up shit?

Im battling with the company now.. In the morning they are going to get a very radical phone call.

Oh yes....I said so, so that makes it so..sosososososososososososososoo...SO There..

I'm just fucking with you man..Chances are good the compnay will help you find or has stock of the older product somewhere.

My parents just went through this and it really is no big deal..Maybe a diferent company but the same principal..

So im supposed to be studying for my final tomorrow.. Screw it, im just going to whip out the study guide during the test and ace it like i did the midterm, quiz 1, quiz 2, test 1, test 2, quiz 3, and test 3. He cant see me behind the computer anyways.

So that means!!

Im off to the fridge to get some beer...

Here is what i did when i had to put 2 different kinds of flooring together on one floor. On the second half of the flooring the tongue was too wide. So i basically just cut off the bottoms of the the groove pieces and wedged them all together. Then i nailed the shit out of them. It didnt look like there was anything wrong at all and at least you wont have to do a whole lot of plaining.

Archived