Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Telo, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Telo

Telo Elite Member

AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok i dont know if any of you are down with home renovation and building the property value on a building but some shit has really got me pissed off..

There is this new product out that is called "kronotex". Its basically a flooring that looks like hardwood flooring but is not really hardwood flooring that is free floating. (Put it down, no glues, no nails). It looks really great and would recommend it to anyone. (There are other brands too and its not necessarily "new")

Anyways, it is based on a tounge and groove system. 2 months ago i bought like 400 sq. ft. of it and have been laying it down in my loft over the past few weeks. I ran out of this shit last week and still have like 300 sq feet to go. So i casually go to the dealer and get some more.

Heres the deal, The producer of Kronotex(who is based in Germany) have decided to completely re-do the tounge and groove system while telo is working on his project. The "new" system has a completely different tounge shape and is an 1/8th inch lower than the original shit.

That means that i have to plain like 7 lengths of boards to fit into the original shit. PLUS i have to glue these pieces in place because they dont have a locking system due to the plaining.

So right now im chilling on a half refinished floor that has no completion date. Ive called and complained and demanded they send me some old shit cause im not going to go through all the hassle of plaining and gluing.

Im waiting on their call back.. I have a feeling i will be waiting for a long time.

sorry.. I just needed to vent my anger.

2. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

this thread made me think of kelis

just improvise dunny.... cut that shit off flat, lay some big tiles down the middle, or some art fag design, and then do the other half...

3. Telo

Telo Elite Member

shit man.. I might just do some art fag stuff.. thats a good idea.

4. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

5. CRAMPS

CRAMPS Senior Member

yeah dude, do the tile thing...tiles are easy and look great..i just put down some for my front portch itch mealt into the house,into the kitchen.

fancey!

6. Jackson

Jackson Veteran Member

You need to get ebay tastic on this motherfucker.
    Isnt it a shame when shit fucks up, tell the lady at the company you will tongue her groove if she sends you the old school shit.

7. Telo

Telo Elite Member

hahaha..early morning laugh.. gracias.

8. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

9. Telo

Telo Elite Member

pictures?? alright.. hold on just two seconds....

10. Telo

Telo Elite Member

lemme finish my sub real quick

11. Telo

Telo Elite Member

So here it is.. My dog doesnt like the flooring all that much.. I think she thinks its too hard.
    http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/DeLaDealer/47.jpg'>

I like the way it looks..
    [img]http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/DeLaDealer/48.jpg'>

BUt as soon as it gets like 3/4 of the way across the room, all hell breaks lose. (view following photos)

[img]http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/DeLaDealer/46.jpg'>

I have to put the blue matting down prior to the flooring. Its called "quiet walk".

[img]http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/DeLaDealer/45.jpg'>

so thats it... i cant go any further..

12. Telo

Telo Elite Member

so that pretty much sums it up.. Im still waiting on the company to call me back..

13. Telo

Telo Elite Member

If i cant get the same stuff, im going to have to pull off some plain/glue action. I want this shit to be done so god dam bad so i can move onto laying tile in the bathroom.. grrrr....

14. Telo

Telo Elite Member

God dammit.. Im looking at it right now and alot of stuff is running through my brain.. The main thing is talking to the company, the guy seemed really cool about shipping me some packages and said he was going to call around but i dont know. That is my first resort.

If that fails, im going to attept to have a bbuddy plain it to the exact length and then i will glue it. From what i hear, the new system locking into the old VIA plaining and glue doesnt look bad. NO major visible flaws. NOw if i fuck that all up, im going to pull off some art fag shit and get some weird tile pathway running through the middle of my floor.

15. $360

$360 Elite Member

always listen to youre dog