aaaahhhhhh crap....

deformatron

well im sitting here watching the news, and it's nothing but sniper this and sniper that, and they finally caught him and then BAM!

just what i hoped wouldnt happen, has.

the fucks in charge of national security alerts have decided, after receiving some kind of al queda transmissions, that theres a brand spankin new terrorist target.

thats right, you got it: railroads.

i figured theyd just say commuters, but also specifically mentioned freights as they panned over a shot of one of our local yards.

great.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

FBI: Al Qaeda operatives may target U.S. railroads

State of alert remains at "yellow," or "elevated"

Friday, October 25, 2002 Posted: 9:05 AM EDT (1305 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The FBI is warning state and local law enforcement officials that al Qaeda terrorists may be planning to target railroads in the United States, including passenger trains and trains carrying hazardous materials.

According to an FBI statement, the warning was prompted by information obtained from al Qaeda detainees in mid-October, as well as recently captured al Qaeda photographs of railroad engines, cars and crossings.

The information indicates that the group has considered targeting U.S. passenger trains, possibly using operatives with a Western appearance, the FBI said.

But no specific targets were mentioned, and the overall state of alert remains at the "yellow," or "elevated" level.

The FBI said additional "protective measures" have been implemented along railroads, "including increased presence of law enforcement officers, increased surveillance of critical areas and improved physical protections."

Amtrak has increased patrols of its facilities and trains, and freight railroads have also stepped up security, the FBI said.

The FBI said the information suggests that terrorists could try a number of "attack strategies, such as destroying key rail bridges and sections of track to cause derailments or targeting hazardous material containers."

On Tuesday, security chiefs from U.S. railroads received a briefing from the Department of Transportation, and the Environmental Protection Agency contracted organizations representing chemical and petroleum companies, the FBI said.

thats from cnn.com

YEA I SAW THE SAME SHIT ON THE NEWS I PAID MORE ATTENTION TO THE FR8 PART THEN THE PASSENGER TRAINS IT SAID THEY MIGHT BE PLANING ON TAKING OUT BRIDGES AND DERAILING TRAINS AND WHAT NOT BUT I DONT KNOW I HOPE ITS JUST A SCARE AND WILL BLOW OVER I MEAN TERRORIST WANT TO KILL VAST NUMBERS OF PEOPLE NOT 2 OR CREW MEMBERS ON A FR8 TRAIN BUT TODAY ALL I SAW ON THE NEWS WAS STUFF ABOUT PASSENGER TRAINS NOTHING ABOUT FR8S.. BUT WHAT DO I KNOW

yeah...i heard this in the car yesterday and then saw it on the news last night...the more the media talks about it, the more the public is going to be scared, and cautious about threats to the rails....it really sucks because im dying to paint freights and now im a little nervous about it. not that my city, in my state would be much of a target, but you never know (you folks in the big citys need to be fucking careful though)...all it takes is for somebody to see you coming or going from the yard at a time like this to make them suspicious enough to call the cops....even if the threats are directed at amtrack, that still means security in the yards will be tighter...good luck everyone.

a bomb strategicaly placed on a tank unit train loaded with concintrated bleach or chlorene or some other dangerous chemical would kill vast numbers of people. and before you cops watching this board think im a terrorist, a ns cop told me that while he was kicking me off railroad property. it was his idea-go knocking on his door.

trains

when 9/11 went down about 1-2 weeks after the yards in my area were on lock. cops sitting outside all the major yards and layups was the norm. we just benched till like november then crept back in and started hitting shit again. we have spots that no one paints let alone knows about and were chill when the other yards were some what hot. it seems its mostly directed at passenger trains but i would be careful around freight trains too. i mean really it hasnt been the same since 9/11 happenend. for the past month i have been getting run out of spots, chased, and almost arrested. so shit was already heated around here or i just had bad luck. im gonna be careful and stay away from major freight centers especially ones that have passenger cars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest TrustEvil

...the more the media talks about it, the more the public is going to be scared....

exactly....and this is exactly what the government and it's P.R. men in the media want...they want everyone to be scared so they can exact the complete control over the public that they have been trying to achieve for years....9-11 has been the perfect catalyst for the massive introduction of Big Brother under the guise of "The war on terrorism"...what a fucking crock of shit....all these "security alerts" and shit, it's simply a tactic for those who don't know what the hell is going to happen next to cover their ass when something does happen...they don't have a fucking clue...if they did they would have done a much better job keeping those planes out of the WTC. But they don't know, they use broken bits of information, they don't communicate with each other until well after the fact. Now they wanna scare everyone into thinking that some Paki with a boxcutter and a molotov cocktail is gonna highjack a CSX engine and kamikaze that bitch into grand central station...fuck it, if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen...that faggot Bush isn't gonna stop it by dropping some new alert or waiving his little finger at the evildoers....jesus, that sniper should have saved a bullet for Dubya instead of killing that bitch at Home Depot...but alas nothing good ever comes out of the USA....even the serial killers can't do anything right.

You reap what you sow....just leave other countries out of your mix, we don't want to be part of your garden.

a few months ago the news did a special on all this toxic waste that needs to be shipped to some mountain via freight, and how it would be the perfect target for terrorists or some shit, pretty dumb to give them the idea if they didnt already have it.

same as when they started focusing on nuclear power plants a few months after all the 9-11 firefighter hero shit wore itself out. they like went into specific detail of how litte it would take to cause the largest manmade catastrophy in history. they went from airports to crop dusters to bridges to big rigs to power plants to water supplys, now they finally made their way to railroads, im sure boats will be next and i think we'll get to hear about the oj trial again pretty soon because here aint a whole lot lof terrorist shit left that can be talked about......its too bad we didnt at least get some blantantly racist cartoons like ww2... we got jipped. fuck a special on shook housewives buying faulty gasmasks. i want to see bugs bunny wearing a bomb suit.

Guest TrustEvil

the mass media is a business, not a public service.

CNN: Showdown with Saddam

CNN: IRAQ: The Hunt for Weapons

CNN: The War on Terrorism

what a bunch of sensationalist whores.

Guest TrustEvil

ray finkle called it.....today the FBI announced that ports and cruise ships are the latest "potential" targets....so they have effectively covered all bases now, so they won't be blamed for not acting in time when the next attack occurs...

Archived