A very serious question.

I AM THE END

Western ma is thriving with large amounts of writers. NH, CT, and RI are also thriving with a rich graff scene. My question is would it be a good thing if there was a local shop to supply people with the essential supplies to produce some great work. ie would a graff shop help out in the area? Does any one agree? Would it bring graffiti more attention there for causing a negative reaction by getting peoples attetntion that are not writers? And if you think it would be a good idea what besides caps would you like to see obtainable that is not easily obtainable? Marsh, sakura, and meanstreaks. How about some of those ultra wide markers?, Uni Posca Broad, Uni Posca Xtra Broad, How about some belton and montana paint? Are these things you would like to be able to just walk into a store and buy? Instead of waiting for them to come through the mail. Along with those supplies how about teeshirts, hoodies, hats, and bags. Other various drawing supplies? Is this something that people would like to see in this area? Is it something that you would go to? Some place worth it? PLEASE LET ME KNOW

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you deserved to be making money off writers, you wouldnt have to ask this shit on the internet, you'd just know.

i think an 'X-treme sportz' store would be way more profitable.

i realize capitalism makes the world go round, but this is graffiti, smash the system, ya know?!

Originally posted by seeking

if you deserved to be making money off writers, you wouldnt have to ask this shit on the internet, you'd just know.

True. Look at the stiebler (however the fuck you spell it) twins in germany, those motherfuckers deserve to make money off writers.

ok here in berkeley, ca. ther was such a shop . shit got some writers caught. thought the idea is a good one but graf writers have suvived on racking the essentail products to get up. by making their markers and mops they have an individual look, depening on wat ink and homade nibs. one of my boys always says half the fuun in graffiti is seeing wat u can prouce on your own. i now stand by this. nobodys got inks like our crew. we stand out. and it was all practically free to make. so domwat u want and depending on how hot your scene is it will probably be fine. but i dont think i would like to see another one in b-town.

It would be fun to watch you try and rack from me see i used to shop at this skae shop and the guy had every thing and i mean every thing for graff in a display case and the most valuable stuff he had he would lock up at nihgt so no one broke in. The scene here is tight, but i am not to sure wat the area writers think about this idea thats why i threw it up here to see if people not in the imidiate viscinty would want to come down. See all i would have to do is make a few phone calls and the area writers would be in checking out my shit....

Originally posted by I AM THE END

Western ma is thriving with large amounts of writers. NH, CT, and RI are also thriving with a rich graff scene. My question is would it be a good thing if there was a local shop to supply people with the essential supplies to produce some great work.

If there is a good scene I think opening a store selling graffiti supplies would be counter productive, not for you, but for the graffiti scene it's self. I don't think you would be contributing to "great work" either as most writers who know what they are doing do not go to graffiti stores to buy graffiti products. Most of your audience would be kids who are new to graffiti, have a decent amount of money and want to take it up as a hobby - this could jepordize and damage the graffiti scene in your area and would act as the catalyst for a stronger buff and law enforcement crackdown on writers.

ie would a graff shop help out in the area? Does any one agree? Would it bring graffiti more attention there for causing a negative reaction by getting peoples attetntion that are not writers?

Yes. It would bring graffiti more negative attention and as a result the graffiti scene in that area would be damaged. Putting graffiti supplies in the hands of anyone who wants to walk into your store and purchase them would probably result in toys doing stupid shit, blowing up spots, bringing heat to other writers and the city would start buffing harder. For god sakes, read some of the ridiculous posts in "the yard". These are the people who would be responsible for 90% of your business.

And if you think it would be a good idea what besides caps would you like to see obtainable that is not easily obtainable? Marsh, sakura, and meanstreaks. How about some of those ultra wide markers?, Uni Posca Broad, Uni Posca Xtra Broad, How about some belton and montana paint? Are these things you would like to be able to just walk into a store and buy? Instead of waiting for them to come through the mail. Along with those supplies how about teeshirts, hoodies, hats, and bags. Other various drawing supplies?

Just by the way this post is written I assume that you do not have that great of an understanding about graffiti, it's history or culture. As I read this post, I can't stop thinking to myself how ignorant you sound. You come across as a well-off chicken hawk with minimal understanding about graffiti yet, because you have the financial resources to do so, you want to profit off of it. I do not think, judging by the way you repersent yourself, that you are the type of person I would like to give money to for supplies that I could aquire elsewhere.

Is this something that people would like to see in this area? Is it something that you would go to? Some place worth it? PLEASE LET ME KNOW

People? People as in the community? If that is what you are asking then certainly not, estate owners and city officials alike would be up in arms and you would run into a lot of legal troubles, with that said I recommend you carefully research the laws about selling every type of product you would carry. But if by people you mean writers then I also think that they would be pretty heated. The last thing they need is someone capitalizing off of an act that they find pure. The only crowd of people you would profit off of are kids who just start writing and, if you make everything so easily availible to them, they will just go about everything wrong and give up, with a box in their closets containing sketch books, mini-wides, streaks and marsh ink.

Originally posted by I AM THE END

profit is only part of the plan helping people like myself to get the things we need is the other half. Just imagine walking into a store buying what you need at the same price as the internet with out waiting for your shit to come in. sound like a good idea?

haha and your business will quickly go down the tubes along with all your money if you sell em at the same price as the internet... gimme a break we used to have a few graff stores in my city but they never really did well because well, writers that i know would rather just rack theyre own cans and shit than pay like 8 bucks for a can of montana and shit, also the cops often used to watch these stores and would bust a few writers every time