Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

A very serious question.

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by I AM THE END, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I AM THE END

I AM THE END New Jack

Western ma is thriving with large amounts of writers. NH, CT, and RI are also thriving with a rich graff scene. My question is would it be a good thing if there was a local shop to supply people with the essential supplies to produce some great work. ie would a graff shop help out in the area? Does any one agree? Would it bring graffiti more attention there for causing a negative reaction by getting peoples attetntion that are not writers? And if you think it would be a good idea what besides caps would you like to see obtainable that is not easily obtainable? Marsh, sakura, and meanstreaks. How about some of those ultra wide markers?, Uni Posca Broad, Uni Posca Xtra Broad, How about some belton and montana paint? Are these things you would like to be able to just walk into a store and buy? Instead of waiting for them to come through the mail. Along with those supplies how about teeshirts, hoodies, hats, and bags. Other various drawing supplies? Is this something that people would like to see in this area? Is it something that you would go to? Some place worth it? PLEASE LET ME KNOW

2. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

I'd make the trip from RI if it was less than an hour away and shit wasn't ridiculous expensive.

I'd be buying montana/belton/whatever (<$6 a can please) and caps.

3. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Also, there's a RI graffiti forum here.

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

if you deserved to be making money off writers, you wouldnt have to ask this shit on the internet, you'd just know.

i think an 'X-treme sportz' store would be way more profitable.

i realize capitalism makes the world go round, but this is graffiti, smash the system, ya know?!

5. Gunm

Gunm Banned

better install one hell of a good alarm system:idea:

6. SIPPINJUICE

SIPPINJUICE Junior Member

writers already have stores...home depot, hobby lobby, let us keep having to make our markers by hand.

7. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

True. Look at the stiebler (however the fuck you spell it) twins in germany, those motherfuckers deserve to make money off writers.

8. I AM THE END

I AM THE END New Jack

profit is only part of the plan helping people like myself to get the things we need is the other half. Just imagine walking into a store buying what you need at the same price as the internet with out waiting for your shit to come in. sound like a good idea?

9. doesntcrush

doesntcrush Member

ok here in berkeley, ca. ther was such a shop . shit got some writers caught. thought the idea is a good one but graf writers have suvived on racking the essentail products to get up. by making their markers and mops they have an individual look, depening on wat ink and homade nibs. one of my boys always says half the fuun in graffiti is seeing wat u can prouce on your own. i now stand by this. nobodys got inks like our crew. we stand out. and it was all practically free to make. so domwat u want and depending on how hot your scene is it will probably be fine. but i dont think i would like to see another one in b-town.

10. KanFeumz

KanFeumz Member

i wouldnt suggest that because i know i would go in and rack your shit !!! real talk

11. thiSCARblows

thiSCARblows New Jack

yeah that be pritty cool but if i where you i wouldent have some big shop just like have a alittle corner shop to sell paint,marker,skecthpad,etc. shit like that i think it be a good idea!

12. I AM THE END

I AM THE END New Jack

It would be fun to watch you try and rack from me see i used to shop at this skae shop and the guy had every thing and i mean every thing for graff in a display case and the most valuable stuff he had he would lock up at nihgt so no one broke in. The scene here is tight, but i am not to sure wat the area writers think about this idea thats why i threw it up here to see if people not in the imidiate viscinty would want to come down. See all i would have to do is make a few phone calls and the area writers would be in checking out my shit....

13. El Jefe Uno

El Jefe Uno Dirty Dozen Crew

14. trackstand

trackstand Senior Member

15. SIPPINJUICE

SIPPINJUICE Junior Member

you aint gonna make any money. most writers are poor. if they come in for anything its gonna be for a cheap bag of caps. maybee if you ran the store out of your trunk this would work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.