a tuesday night

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm saying you have a great deal of skill in photography

and will probably find a much more rewarding job there than in the film industry.

so yes... get deeper into photography.

Ah, forgot to mention, these were all shot with my 35mm Olympus OM-1 with a 28-105mm lens. I was using 1600iso Neopan black and white film. All shots were handheld except for the first shot of the second post which i took with the camera sitting on a newspaper box thing. I absolutely love this film. Sure, i can't shoot during the day, but i almost always am shooting at night anyways and it gives me the ability to handhold all of my shots at exposures faster then an 8th of a second. Most of these shots were probably 15th or 30th some may have even been 60th. Only downside to this film for night photography is that since its so fast you aren't going to be able to do very long of exposures in areas that are lit, where as with like 400iso film i could've done a 6 second exposure on that first shot in the second post and it probably wouldn't have been overexposed.

edit to mention that another downside of faster speed films is that they are grainier the faster they get which can look bad if you are enlarging your shots.

Guest imported_Tesseract

How the fuck did i miss this?..chupa fuck yeah!!! best photothread of the past year!

amazing.

On a sidenote, after a year with the digi, i decided into going back to film, sure not for everypurpous but seriously, film is like 50 years ahead from digital when it comes to the final product. I supose it'll take 5-6 years for digis to reach that depth/texture clean seperation of colors

Archived