A Tribute to Toys and Writers

Ms.Bombastic

As 'jocking' as this may seem.....

I'm someone who is totally ecstatic over graffiti...and as toy behavior as that may be....FUCK IT....because I LOVE GRAF!

I love walking down a street or alley and BAM! a piece by my favorite writer. It's like finding a hidden treasure. It's something I get totally excited about. I'd heard stories about this spunky little chick, and her swirly style and the fact that she's a she, and worked hard to gain the respect of her male counterparts...I'd seen her shit on a local site...When I found my first Silo piece it brought a whole new meaning to painting and seeing her work for the first time in real life was a breathtaking experience. She inspired me...

Recently I came across an old tunnel filled with Jugs pieces...damn that was a good day...I love those finds. I love that I can go anywhere in this city and find a Jugs piece. I hear he doesn't write anymore, damn that was shitty news! Jugs is a good lesson in motivation....When I see his shit, I just want to go out and paint...

I gotta love the writer that I still look up to even though he crossed the fuck out of my shit in a certain yard(and shall remain nameless,***). It's lessons like that which teach me about ambition, and about being ambitious at the right time.

Anyway the point...the point is that all of you writers who have been around, you have people that look up to you...who enjoy your art. Kids like me that are inspired, motivated and ambitious because of you. Kids who you call and refer to as "toys" whom often picked up their first can because of something of yours they saw. Writers like you give us something to look forward too. We look forward to finding your work in some assed out alley. We look forward to the day we get to meet you, or paint next to you. So just realize despite your enormous tempermental egos, we appreciate your art because it does something for us and it got us to go out and do something....and I also appreciate the fact that you've made my bedroom a much prettier place!

Seriously, I know alot of you are bastards, but regardless of shitty attitudes I can't deny the beauty of your work, so Thanks.

ohyeah P>S> um, Jugs if you like hopefully just have amnesia or something and u just forgot where to find paint...let me know and I'll drop some by for ya....I REALLY HATE THAT YOU QUIT PAINTING!:crazy: :crazy:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Ms.Bombastic

and yes i will be gay and use my thread for communication purposes...

this is an encrypted message..i'm really not this stupid

CHRISTOPHER!!! get at a bitch....we want to paint the m street bridge this weekend (u know what this means)

im really fucking confused.:loopy:

Guest --->NEKS

Ms Bombastic, i think what you said was pretty cool, some one who actually speaks their true feelings about something, regardless of the fact that they are expecting to be ridiculed,you get my respect.Thats a rare find in graffiti these days.

NEKSONE ABK

Guest --->NEKS
Wait till you start climbing shit, getting chased by crackheads, and have older big dudes wanting to beat you up... then graffiti won't be all flowers and bunnies anymore.

Whats the big deal about all of those things? You dont have to be a graffiti writer for any of those things to happen to you......and climbing shit???????? sence when is climbing shit such a rough activity?

Guest JoeHatesCops

hmm

What about bums trying to pee on you, what about yuppie fucks trying to chase you down. on etime I was on the burke gilamn, at like 1:00, and theyre was some crazy guy looking for his cat, then he said it wass his dog, and then he said its name was fifi, then your freind goes, see "see "joe" hes just looking for his pet ( iwas bugging) then he starts calling for joe, and we start running and he chases us. scary

*names have beeen changed to protect the slightly guilty

I'm someone who is totally ecstatic over graffiti...and as toy behavior as that may be....FUCK IT....because I LOVE GRAF!

I love walking down a street or alley and BAM! a piece by my favorite writer. It's like finding a hidden treasure. It's something I get totally excited about.

I'm the same way.

Always with my camera just in case I find something too.

Originally posted by Secret

Wait till you start climbing shit, getting chased by crackheads, and have older big dudes wanting to beat you up... then graffiti won't be all flowers and bunnies anymore.

:D

Dude I've experienced all 3 of those things, and regardless of whether they happen or not it has nothing to do with my opinion of other writers, or their capability as an artist. I just feel like you totally missed my point...and i don't know how you could because it says: "Anyway the point:"

How many people just ramble on and on and you don't know what the fuck and...I even pointed it right out for you....SHeeSH!

(I'm just being a smartass Secret, I mean I get what your saying and all:crazy: )

Originally posted by --->NEKS

Whats the big deal about all of those things? You dont have to be a graffiti writer for any of those things to happen to you......and climbing shit???????? sence when is climbing shit such a rough activity?

when you find yourself 50 feet in the air above a busy highway at 9pm, let us know how you felt.....

Guest --->NEKS

hey chozer ive done plenty of heaven spots, over highways and tracks and whatever, as long as your not acting like an asshole when you're up there, its not really a big deal. dangerous...yes, but at the same time, it was some of the best writing experiences ive had.so ill stick with what i said before, its not really a big deal.

hey chozer ive done plenty of heaven spots, over highways and tracks and whatever, as long as your not acting like an asshole when you're up there, its not really a big deal. dangerous...yes, but at the same time, it was some of the best writing experiences ive had.so ill stick with what i said before, its not really a big deal.

well when an 18 wheeler goes over the bridge my boy and i were on kinda rocked the boat a little if you know what i mean, and that made it a big deal, along with all the aerosol getting caught right around head high, i got a buzz from hell...

Guest --->NEKS

lol, the first time i was on the back of a sign, i was scared, and like you said,when an 18 wheeler comes tearing through it definitly rocks the boat, lol.but even thought that scared the shit outta me that night,i think it made graffiti more fun rather than scare me away from it, and nowadays i know what to expect up there, so i kinda know what im getting into.

but as Secret said, "it wont be all flowers and bunnies",almost implying that graffiti isnt fun any more after you experience the things he listed,and i have to dissagree because all of those things make graffiti what it is.

It seemed the point did get lost. Well to bring it full circle in a way..it is one of the best things about graff, that you are giving something to someone..be it inspiration, ideas, hate, love, whatever..that is a powerful thing to be able to do.And have little idea to who is feeling that.

I respect greatly those whom I have looked up to for years, studied every little line they did, and then actually met them , and they were as dope as their works.There is not too many other feelings like it..Kinda serves as a memory well when I am out there doing my thing..Keeping some of that knowledge that was kicked to me going..keeping that big picture in my head.When I meet some of them and they are fuckfaces, well, whatever..their shortcoming. I can still apprecite their art, without giving a shit about them as a person.And at any chance I get I will name drop the kings that gave me, inadvertantly, the fire I have for writing. And wether you know the personally as people or merely admired their work...gotta give it up to those who helped make you whatever it is we think we are.

Jack London rode freight trains and had a moniker by the name of Sailor Jack.

Originally posted by cleansheets

It seemed the point did get lost. Well to bring it full circle in a way..it is one of the best things about graff, that you are giving something to someone..be it inspiration, ideas, hate, love, whatever..that is a powerful thing to be able to do.And have little idea to who is feeling that.

I respect greatly those whom I have looked up to for years, studied every little line they did, and then actually met them , and they were as dope as their works.There is not too many other feelings like it..Kinda serves as a memory well when I am out there doing my thing..Keeping some of that knowledge that was kicked to me going..keeping that big picture in my head.When I meet some of them and they are fuckfaces, well, whatever..their shortcoming. I can still apprecite their art, without giving a shit about them as a person.And at any chance I get I will name drop the kings that gave me, inadvertantly, the fire I have for writing. And wether you know the personally as people or merely admired their work...gotta give it up to those who helped make you whatever it is we think we are.

Jack London rode freight trains and had a moniker by the name of Sailor Jack.

i feel you on that brother!

hey neks. i lay odds that you never crushed. i certainly haven't heard of you. anyone that claims crushing isn't hard as fuck to maintain is a fuckin idiot, and probably hasn't done shit.

laters

Guest KONFLIKT

EVERYONE'S A TOY IN THE BEGINING

THATS JUST IT I HATE SEEING SHITTY WRITERS OUT I HATE SEING TOYS GETTING UPS. BUT THEN I THINK............... I THINK BACK ON MY EARLY SHIT AND I HATE TO SAY IT BUT I WAS A TOY. AND NE WRITERS OUT THERE THAT SAY THAT THEIR FIRST PIECE WAS DOPE IS LYING. BUT IN SOME WAYS YOU GOTTA GIVE CRIDIT TO THE TOYS JUS CUS THERE LIKE YOURSELF IN THE PAST. BUT DONT LET THEM KNOW YOU GIVE CREDIT TO THEM AN MAKE SURE YOU KEEP CROSSING THERE SHIT OUT CUZ THATS WHAT WE ALL WENT THROUGH.

I love walking down a street or alley and BAM! a piece by my favorite writer. It's like finding a hidden treasure. It's something I get totally excited about.

exact same way, like the other night i met up with these kids coda an wys for the first time an we were suppose to meet up with some pretty well known people(not mentioning names) i was all excited that i was goin to be paintin with thease kids an to coda an wys it didnt even faze them but shit didnt go thru but the they were tellin me like who comes to this yard mad famouse people like people you all know i couldnt belive it i was just hype i paintin in the same yard as them,

lol, the first time i was on the back of a sign, i was scared, and like you said,when an 18 wheeler comes tearing through it definitly rocks the boat, lol.but even thought that scared the shit outta me that night,i think it made graffiti more fun rather than scare me away from it, and nowadays i know what to expect up there, so i kinda know what im getting into.

but as Secret said, "it wont be all flowers and bunnies",almost implying that graffiti isnt fun any more after you experience the things he listed,and i have to dissagree because all of those things make graffiti what it is.

secrets a she....

and im not into the adrenaline rush of graffiti anymore..

well, ok, every once and a while i am. but its best to keep it in check.

Re: Re: A Tribute to Toys and Writers

Originally posted by A Fire Inside

I'm the same way.

Always with my camera just in case I find something too.

,,,,,,,,i agree even tho you hate me but graf is great and the attitudes of the past use to be -wont be stopped -cant be stopped -what ever happened to that attitude............?kant stop the future, stay positive if i can do it anyone can.....

Archived