Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

A Tribute to Toys and Writers

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Ms.Bombastic, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Ms.Bombastic

Ms.Bombastic Member

As 'jocking' as this may seem.....

I'm someone who is totally ecstatic over graffiti...and as toy behavior as that may be....FUCK IT....because I LOVE GRAF!

I love walking down a street or alley and BAM! a piece by my favorite writer. It's like finding a hidden treasure. It's something I get totally excited about. I'd heard stories about this spunky little chick, and her swirly style and the fact that she's a she, and worked hard to gain the respect of her male counterparts...I'd seen her shit on a local site...When I found my first Silo piece it brought a whole new meaning to painting and seeing her work for the first time in real life was a breathtaking experience. She inspired me...

Recently I came across an old tunnel filled with Jugs pieces...damn that was a good day...I love those finds. I love that I can go anywhere in this city and find a Jugs piece. I hear he doesn't write anymore, damn that was shitty news! Jugs is a good lesson in motivation....When I see his shit, I just want to go out and paint...

I gotta love the writer that I still look up to even though he crossed the fuck out of my shit in a certain yard(and shall remain nameless,***). It's lessons like that which teach me about ambition, and about being ambitious at the right time.

Anyway the point...the point is that all of you writers who have been around, you have people that look up to you...who enjoy your art. Kids like me that are inspired, motivated and ambitious because of you. Kids who you call and refer to as "toys" whom often picked up their first can because of something of yours they saw. Writers like you give us something to look forward too. We look forward to finding your work in some assed out alley. We look forward to the day we get to meet you, or paint next to you. So just realize despite your enormous tempermental egos, we appreciate your art because it does something for us and it got us to go out and do something....and I also appreciate the fact that you've made my bedroom a much prettier place!
    Seriously, I know alot of you are bastards, but regardless of shitty attitudes I can't deny the beauty of your work, so Thanks.

ohyeah P>S> um, Jugs if you like hopefully just have amnesia or something and u just forgot where to find paint...let me know and I'll drop some by for ya....I REALLY HATE THAT YOU QUIT PAINTING!:crazy: :crazy:

2. Ms.Bombastic

Ms.Bombastic Member

3. mapo wc

mapo wc Elite Member

im really fucking confused.:loopy:

4. --->NEKS

--->NEKS Guest

Ms Bombastic, i think what you said was pretty cool, some one who actually speaks their true feelings about something, regardless of the fact that they are expecting to be ridiculed,you get my respect.Thats a rare find in graffiti these days.

NEKSONE ABK

5. Secret

Secret Elite Member

Wait till you start climbing shit, getting chased by crackheads, and have older big dudes wanting to beat you up... then graffiti won't be all flowers and bunnies anymore.

:D

6. --->NEKS

--->NEKS Guest

Whats the big deal about all of those things? You dont have to be a graffiti writer for any of those things to happen to you......and climbing shit???????? sence when is climbing shit such a rough activity?

7. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

getting shot at by crazy rednecks..

8. JoeHatesCops

JoeHatesCops Guest

hmm

What about bums trying to pee on you, what about yuppie fucks trying to chase you down. on etime I was on the burke gilamn, at like 1:00, and theyre was some crazy guy looking for his cat, then he said it wass his dog, and then he said its name was fifi, then your freind goes, see "see "joe" hes just looking for his pet ( iwas bugging) then he starts calling for joe, and we start running and he chases us. scary
    *names have beeen changed to protect the slightly guilty

9. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

chases are fun. except when you get beaten with nightsticks.

10. A Fire Inside

A Fire Inside Senior Member

I'm the same way.

Always with my camera just in case I find something too.

11. Ms.Bombastic

Ms.Bombastic Member

Dude I've experienced all 3 of those things, and regardless of whether they happen or not it has nothing to do with my opinion of other writers, or their capability as an artist. I just feel like you totally missed my point...and i don't know how you could because it says: "Anyway the point:"

How many people just ramble on and on and you don't know what the fuck and...I even pointed it right out for you....SHeeSH!

(I'm just being a smartass Secret, I mean I get what your saying and all:crazy: )

12. mapo wc

mapo wc Elite Member

still confused.

13. Secret

Secret Elite Member

How about x3 gangsters...

:crazy:

14. Ms.Bombastic

Ms.Bombastic Member

HEY!! Gangsters are people too!

15. Ms.Bombastic

Ms.Bombastic Member

What's all this reading and no commenting all the sudden....

That's a first.