A Tribe Called Quest Reunion In The Works?

Guest beardo

Guest beardo

oof.. not sure how i feel about this. their albums progressively declined in quality.. IMO

heres hoping for the best..............

http://hot981.com/common/launch/060203/060...ibe_called.html

A Tribe Called Quest Reunion In The Works?

A Tribe Called Quest which disbanded in 1998 is reportedly scheduled to reunite in July to record a new album, according to published reports.

Group member Phife told Allhiphop.com that the reunion was largely fueled by the death of Jam Master Jay. He said, "What really brought it to the forefront was the whole Jam Master Jay thing. We just wanted to be RUN-DMC. Me and Q-Tip grew up around the corner from them. Those were our heroes."

Jam Master Jay was murdered in his Queens, NY recording studio on October 30th, 2002. To date, no arrest has been made in the case.

No release date has been set for the new project.

A Tribe Called Quest's debut set, People's Instinctive Travels & The Paths Of Rhythm, was certified gold. The group's breakthrough set was 1991's platinum The Low End Theory, which was followed by 1993's Midnight Marauders, also certified platinum.

In 1996, the group released the certified platinum set Beats, Rhymes, and Life which was followed by the group's last release, 1998's The Love Movement, which was certified gold.

Following the break-up, group members Q-Tip and Phife both released solo sets, while Ali Shaheed Muhammad recorded a critically acclaimed set as a member of Lucy Pearl in 2000.

In related news, a new compilation, Hits, Rarities & Remixes, by A Tribe Called Quest will be released on Jive Records on June 3rd.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer

uh-oh

Originally posted by beardo

their albums progressively declined in quality..

after midnight marauders shit was....subpar.

if they do some honest shit, it will probably be

dope, if they try to rock some radio friendly,

all over mtv stardom shit.....yikes.

Re: uh-oh

Originally posted by BROWNer

after midnight marauders shit was....subpar.

if they do some honest shit, it will probably be

dope, if they try to rock some radio friendly,

all over mtv stardom shit.....yikes.

I second that, although I'm always open to new material from them. They're so funky and groovy and mellow .. and just plain good.

its really hard to break ground twice. Hip hoppers are too slow to care about any message beyond cream and bitches. IF their album hits its gonna be with their old fans first.

When solo carreers fail to take off. Its back to the grill again.

Plus "i REALLY know how it feels to be stressed OUT"

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by TEARZ

tip is a cheeeeeeeeeeeeseball these days.

maheh heh, i was gonna mention his solo "career"....

actually, all i heard, and i believe it was enough, was that

'vivrant thing'..shat prodo..shat verbiage...

Guest TEARZ

it's el segundoooo

i was redeemed for my longtime preference for phife (for which i was clowned in earlier days) when tip came out with vivrant thing and started hanging out with nyc private hs kids.

ali s.- worked with dawn from en vogue and raphael siddiq on the lucy pearl project, which was on the better end of mediocre. siddiq is a control freak, so the other two were stifled.

phife- came out with a solo album that i would have like in maybe 95 or 96. in fact, i kind of like it i have to admit, it's underrated (i'm a phife fan). nothing surprising, kind of comforting and good.

jarobi- hahaha

Guest mikro137

to be quite honest , i hope this doesnt come about....

after q-tip released that horrible record... ughhhhh i dont want to be emberessed to say that i liked their stuff.

damn, i bet fife and ceelo would put on a damn good show.

tribe has reunited and recently did a small tour. i saw them when they came through town at a free show that they did in protest of the war at a local college. i was dissapointed by the amount of songs they performed and they werent hip on how many white folk were there but they shouldnt have picked that school if they wanted something different race wise.

fife pushed a new solo album thats soon to be released quite a bit which was dissapointing only because he made it obvious he was on tour to push that and not tribe. i must say though it was well worth it and nice to see them live again after all these drama filled years.

Archived