A title with nothing related to the content..

Guest sneak

Guest sneak

The Background Info:

Ok, so i turned 18 in February and as you may or may not know the legal drinking age in britain is 18 so i hit the pubs with even more vigour then before. I have always tended to have a babyface look about me, and consideeing i am a big fan of caps,i tend to look quite young. Which can be a blessing and a curse, ie...i still get ID'ed constantly. Pretty much everytime i go out i get asked "Got any ID mate?" (apart from the place which became my sencond home).

Todays Situation:

I wake up to a fine warm moring. Whats wrong with that i hear you say? Well i was facing my first offical Exam in my last year of schooling so i was in a bad mood. On my way to go into this exam, i have to get the train from this little bumpkin town train station. Im standing in the station, hat pulled down over my eyes in paint splattered tracksuit trousers and a t-shirt with my headphones on in my own world. I become aware of a group of school kids behind me talking about me. I wasnt paying much attention as A) They were all girls and were relatively ugly + jailbait and B) they could only be described as wannabe "gangsta youts". I went back to the tunes and soon after there was a tap on my shoulder and i turned round expecting crappy things to commence. this is the conversation:

Them: Excuse me bruv.......can i ask you a favour?

Sneak: Erm....[takes out headphones] what?

T: Can you buy us some alcohol?

S: WTF? its half nine in the morning...

T: Please....we'll do anything for you..

S: [this is where i started to think about the moral decisions of buying underages alcohol and also being flattered by being asked and be assumed to be 18. then it came into my mind of what i could get out of this] You seriously want me to buy brew at this time? No where will serve me...

T: can you try? (Starts the fluttering eyes and moves closer)

S: My train....*stumbles off*

Fuck it, ill try...What do you want?

T: 12 Fosters. Keep the change from this if toy wabt, handing me a score note.

So off i go into the store contemplating that these girls could be ok seeing as they asked for beer and not a girly drink (yes yes, ill accept the ironic part of the story). I go to the beer part, and lo and behold i see some deals. 6 fosters for a fiver. So that equals 12 beers for a tenner and she said i could keep the change which would end up being a tenner. this was good. I went up to the counter and not only did the guy not question the time (9.45am) when i pulled out my id before he even asked, he just laughed and said "No need".

The outcome:

One very happy Sneak for manging to get myself a tenner and be flattered all before 10am on what was going to be a crap day...

Plus, i ended up doing relatively well in the exam having not been to a lesson in that subject in a few months..

NOW, share your under-age-alcohol-buying-experiences if you have any....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I usually end up at a party about once a month where I'm mysteriously the only person over 21 and am required to make a liquor run. I always overestimate alcohol costs and buy a 40 or two of something. Sometimes they'll give me extra money too. I figure that's fair because of the possibility of severe monetary violation by police officers if said party gets raided. Normally I'll just go to the bars instead.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

So they would have done anything, and you didn't get jailbait ass???

What kind of man are you?

And why mention the paint splattered tracksuit? We all know you don't paint;)

shut up dazzle... your the one who wouldnt go out painting all winter...real man my arse...

I'm 17 and the legal drinking age off base is 20, but I have no problems getting alcohol and getting into clubs. It's mostly a mix of them thinking that I'm over 20, and they don't know any english so they don't ask for ID. (Unless it's an upscale club where you have to show ID.)

*Edit: Speaking of Russians, I somehow convinced a Russian bouncer that I was in the Navy and had forgotten my ID. I think he knew I was lying but didn't really care. The club sucked anyhow, too fancy for me.

i used to get alcohol by wearing baggy pants and putting bottles of wine or cans of Fosters in by back pockets at a medium sized store, which i didn't like to do. my other option was to get my freind to do it, which was also a hassle because he often wasn't home, and i had to get him to go to the store with me if i wanted my beer reliably. plus i had to pay. but last summer, i was enlightened, and began getting it from a different, larger store another way. they have a limited selection of malt liquor, but oh well. so that way i only had to get someone to buy cigatettes, which bums are sometimes willing to help with. so sneak, if i were you i would devise some way of making sure it isn't a setup to get you into trouble.

Originally posted by GnomeToys

I usually end up at a party about once a month where I'm mysteriously the only person over 21 and am required to make a liquor run.

this happens to me too but i don't drink. it's somehow more insulting.

i went to visit a friend of mine who was living in the dorms in college. it was her first year of college and i was a sophomore in high school. they were having a party on their floor, and i was THE ONLY PERSON WITH A FAKE ID. a bunch of college kids paid a fifteen year old to buy them alcohol. now that is some sad shit right there.

all the stores by my house growin up where bodegas and would sell me anything i wanted including drugs but for the stores that didnt know me or would givew me a problem i would get the exact amount of money for the brew go in grab the brew throw the money down n walk out....always worked

Archived