Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

A short history. (SW VA again!)

Discussion in 'Brick Slayers' started by Trend, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Trend

Trend Member

why'd you write "Toy" above your second "Grim" piece?

2. imported_grim540

imported_grim540 Member

I guess because I still consider myself one.

I used to write stuff like "toy wonder!" if I thought I did a good job, of if I did something I didn't like I would put "toy blunder"

I dont know why I still do it.

------------------
    Art
    Redefined
    Through
    Terrorism

[This message has been edited by grim540 (edited 07-20-2001).]

3. blood run cold

blood run cold Member

4. imported_grim540

imported_grim540 Member

Ok here is a short series of pics showing my first attempt at painting to my most recent one.
    Since I am mostly learning on my own I usally come and post stuff here to see what other writers think of my work.
    My first attempt at painting
    http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3205/qban1.jpg'>
    Second attempt at graffiti
    [img]http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3205/qban2.jpg'>

Third and last one as Qban, I couldn't think of anything to do with it.
    [img]http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3205/qban3.jpg'>

I posted these three about a year ago and everyone told me I pretty much sucked. Pilau Hands advised me that I should work on straight letters before I try to make my letters more complicated that it has to be.

I soon realized that QBan sucked as a name so I tryed a new one.

------------------
    Art
    Redefined
    Through
    Terrorism

5. imported_grim540

imported_grim540 Member

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3205/fool1.jpg'>
    [img]http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3205/fool2.jpg'>

After realizing that there are probably a few hundred fools out there I changed my name again, this is my current one and, for me the most fun to do.
    This is my first one as grim
    [img]http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3205/grim1.jpg'>

This one I did the other night. Got a bad case of poison ivy, lost my flashlight, and fell in a ditch but still did ok i think.
    [img]http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3205/grim4.jpg'>

So here they are, I am ready for my beating

6. johnny rebel

johnny rebel Member

i like your second one. keep writing, be smart about your shit, and dont let people discourage you. i think qban is a good name too. there is already a grim and paint with your shirt on!!!!

7. imported_grim540

imported_grim540 Member

I usally paint naked

------------------
    Art
    Redefined
    Through
    Terrorism

8. imported_grim540

imported_grim540 Member

9. Scientific

Scientific Junior Member

Let it flow man your letters look like they are constipated are constipated... Curves and cleaner connections, and keep it up just keep painting....... Do a lot of bombing it helps with your can control. And no matter what your style give the letters even spacing.... And quit calling yourself a toy because we all started somewhere and if we all called ourselves toys half of us still wouldn't be here.........

[This message has been edited by Scientific (edited 07-21-2001).]

10. CRUSH KILL DESTROY

CRUSH KILL DESTROY Veteran Member

ITS DEFINATELY NOT MY CUP OF TEA BUT THE NAME "QBAN" IS PRETTY TIGHT AND ORIGINAL.

11. Magnet Man

Magnet Man Member

Qban is a lot cooler than grim.

Go back to that grim piece today with a can of flat white, and "inline" it. meaning go around the inside of the letters. except dont do a white line where the letters over lap... ie. the dot on the i will have a white c drawn on backwards, so that it looks like the r is hanging over it... understand??

keep up the good work. I see a big improvement from your second attempt to the last one. I say this cause i kinda like what you were doing on the first one.

peace

12. muthafuckinfatso

muthafuckinfatso Member

crush killer got it by sayin QBAN was a tight name. defenitely better than grim. that's my opinion. i hope u weren't scared off by the letter Q! if grim fits yer style/personality better then respect. later

13. TOE-FOO

TOE-FOO New Jack

14. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

to be honst, the first qban piece is my favorite. as soon as you tried to be all wacky, you completely lost it. also, i know of a handful of grim's, but no qban's. id stick with that. q's are difficult, especialy as first letters, but not impossible. stay with the straight letters, you'll be glad you did. try to make pieces that look like normal font styles. it'll teach you can control while also helping you get comfortable with your letters...
    dont give up hope, it takes patience.

15. QbaOner

QbaOner Member

<------ hehehe....