1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

A school suffers because superintendent takes pay raise.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Ethreadzny2, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Ethreadzny2

Ethreadzny2 12oz Veteran Member

A school suffers because superintendent takes pay raise.

Discussion started by Ethreadzny2 - Nov 21, 2003

this article got me extremely heated. first off, my aunt had been a teacher in Yonkers school for a long time with a terrible salary. Second, there has been complaints of teenaged gangs in Yonkers, now they are cutting afterschool sports programs, brillant.

11/20/03) YONKERS - Parents are angry over the amount of money being paid to the Yonkers school superintendent.

On Monday, the Yonkers community listened as members of the board of education told them that by December 1, all extra-curricular activities would be cut, as well as music, art, industrial arts and school security. On the same night the school board made cuts to close a $20 million shortfall in the district's budget, they also awarded Superintendent of Schools Angelo Petrone a $235,000 contract and an additional $43,000 in retroactive pay. Petrone also has a new Lincoln Navigator, which the districted leased for him.

One parent says although he thinks Petrone is entitled to a salary, he doesn't understand why he it has to be so much and why he has to drive around in a luxury car.

With 500 people set to lose their jobs, parents are wondering what the board of education is thinking.

Ethreadzny2 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. afraidoflife

afraidoflife 12oz Member

afraidoflife - Replied Nov 21, 2003

"Fuck the World."

afraidoflife - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. Ethreadzny2

Ethreadzny2 - Replied Nov 21, 2003

"well the world fucked me"

4. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied Nov 21, 2003

our society is trapped in a serious downward spiral..

we can't build prisons fast enough.
    and no wonder, seeing as the government has decided to begin the wholesale manufacture of inmates..

how long will people sleep?

in my city, our educational infrastructure is collapsing..the school board was confronted with massive cuts and wide layoffs..

but what gleaming new beautiful building was constructed on the easside fo the chill'ren?

a fucking 'juvenile justice center'

it makes me sick.
    no wonder i got attacked by some of those same forgotten children last winter.
    they were visious.
    our society will pay the price for neglecting them.

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  5. Ethreadzny2

you speak the truth. It makes me sick that you have people complaining that these kids hang out on the street all night causing trouble, then they take away their sports programs. This gives these same kids an outlet and takes up alot of their freetime. once again, society is failing.

6. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied Nov 21, 2003

and look how complacent people have become..
    we are like, the only ones responding to this thread..
    no one cares..

people complain, like you said, about the hangin on the corners, the uneducated unmotivated youth..adults are no better.
    we live in some semblance of a democracy..
    and a capatilist society.
    if the customer [the taxpayer] really took control of their money, and held governements responsible for this misallocation of funds, shit might actually change.

but instead.....

ugh.
    i'm close to throwing my hands up.

i gotta run for office or some shit at this point.
    dunno anymore.:eek:

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  7. Ethreadzny2

the truth is that very few care when it is not right under their window. Power falls into the hands of the elite, and the working class and poor suffer. run for office, we need some more people that care.

8. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet 12oz Elite Member

Swiffer Jet - Replied Nov 21, 2003

that's whack.

Swiffer Jet - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied Nov 21, 2003

i feel bad for the usa.

T.T Boy - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  10. KiSe

KiSe 12oz Senior Member

KiSe - Replied Nov 21, 2003

and true

KiSe - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. chicken bone

chicken bone Guest

chicken bone - Replied Nov 21, 2003

Eliminating all afterschool activities in any school is going to lead to a lot of teenagers doing other things to quell their boredom. This can theoretically lead to higher rates of crime and mischief (I would guess amongst teenage boys). In the inner city, the weak educational system has provided the perfect environment for producing kids ready for street life (and eventually prison).

You put it right, America is mass producing inmates at an exponential rate. Under many different guises, 'the system' has managed to put behind bars more people than any other country in the world.

The swiftly deteriorating educational facilities in the inner cities of America are a testament to the slow decline of the USA. It seems like before our eyes the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

On another note, what's up with asshole superintendents?! I had a big beef with the superindendent at my highschool. He was a real egomaniac, and was also paid very well. I was doing a project to try and raise money for more vegetarian food items (and REAL fruit juice, not gatorade and coca-cola) at our cafeteria only to be denied the right to raise money in the name of my school's 'heavy coca-cola sponsorship' (as put by the superintendent). He then wrote a letter to each of my teachers afterwards, telling of my 'insolence' for making such a request. I guess even in the smallest instances, one can run into frustrating dead ends when it comes to the systematics of money and power. Blah.

12. ClueTwo

ClueTwo 12oz Veteran Member

ClueTwo - Replied Nov 21, 2003

And on that note, I'm going to get drunk.....

[​IMG]

ClueTwo - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  13. BOZACK

BOZACK 12oz Member

BOZACK - Replied Nov 21, 2003

some vigilantesniper should pick off all the board members & the superintendent one by one

BOZACK - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  14. BOZACK

BOZACK 12oz Member

BOZACK - Replied Nov 21, 2003

some illiterate ghetto bitch became principal of my old middle school last year, and she drives a brand new jag, even though the school is falling apart. kinda sickening.

BOZACK - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  15. TuffKid

TuffKid 12oz Senior Member

TuffKid - Replied Nov 22, 2003

TuffKid - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: