Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

a question to all djs

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by FROSTY, Dec 23, 2001.

1. FROSTY

FROSTY Senior Member

ive been thinkin about getting a vestax pcv 175 but im kinda iffy. i mix hip hop and it dosnt have a curve adjustment.
    its a good mixer for a good price and has a really smooth fader. i have heard that its not hard to have fast cuts with this mixer even though it lacks a curve adjustment. whell anyways help a brotha out.......

2. FROSTY

FROSTY Senior Member

3. mapo wc

mapo wc Elite Member

dont buy it. instead, use that money for drugs.
    thats what ive been doing lately.

4. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

that mixer is stricktly for techno....i used to use one when i played drum and bass....its wonderful for that but youll be ass out of luck if you want scratch with it.....heres a diagram of faders

vestax 175
    [---------C---------]
    ^
    this is the cut off point for the prospective mixer, you will have to push the fader directly in the middle to get full volume of the record your cutting.....

vestax 05, 06, 07
    [-C-----------------]
    ^
    this is where the cut off point should be for any decent hip hop oriented mixer, cutting off the left table you would only have to tap the fader over to get full volume.....

if you are familiar with any scratch techniques it should make sense why you cant work with fader A......

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

there are alot of cheap intro hip hop mixers with curve adjustment... newmark makes one, and im sure gemini does as well. if you want to scratch, get something designed for it...

6. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

get a 05 or an 07 and if you got the money get the Q-bert modle

7. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

why would someone who was just starting out get the q bert model???
    the q bert model is worthless unless your playing in an above average club.....anothe gadget for kids who think they are good.....bah

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

agriggiddy iggidy agreed.

scratch dj's are just about the most self absorbed suckers on the face of the planet. second only perhaps to break dancers. 'dude, im making new music by scratching the same dj rectangle record the same way i heard d styles do it on the last shigger fragger show'... blah...

come original or keep it in your bedroom.

9. avils

avils Senior Member

yo..

Hey..

If you are happy with your 175 but want an ultra quick cut in, just do the A-Mod as mentioned below.. but be warned - after this, you will have NO xfader curve at all, just a 1mm (or less) cut in..

Or you could sell that 175 and get a Vestax 05pro or an 06pro.. you should be able to get em mad cheap on ebay or sumthin this time of year..The 05 and 06 have curve adjustment and you can always "A mod" it if you don't want curve at all just a super super quick cut in (like less than 1mm). Just go to www.asisphonics.com/amode.html and d/l the A mode schematic. It's tooo easy.

Also, you can do this ultra simple 'trickler mod' on the 05 and the 06 and prolly even your 175 to get 2 clicks out of your cue in switch instead of one.. and if you know your way around a circuit board, you can use the curve adjustment from your xfader (after you have A modded) on your volume upfaders to give them curve adjust using the original xfader curve knob. That one is a little tricky but basically after that you almost have an 07pro except for the quadraphonic phasing which I don't really care for anyhow..

**Stay away from Numark and Gemini unless your Dad owns a xfader factory and can keep giving you new faders every week**

Peace..

The 2-click kid ;)

*beep a ha ah ha ahhhhhh fr fr f freshhhhhh*

10. avils

avils Senior Member

What the fuck ?? Can you even believe what you just said ? Your a hypocrite dude.. don't front on a topic that you obviously know nothing about ->

"there are alot of cheap intro hip hop mixers with curve adjustment... newmark makes one, and im sure gemini does as well. if you want to scratch, get something designed for it..."

ahahaha goddamn goddamn.. :rolleyes:

"Yo stop frontin.. and use ya head"...

edit coz i cant spell

11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

that criticism coming from a guy who needs to rewire his fader to do double clicks. :)

lets just aknowledge the fact that you dont know me or anything about me, then we can we drop the speculatory dissing of me before you just make yourself look silly. mmm kay?

seeking

12. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

Re: yo..

BITE IT!

my point is proven.

13. avils

avils Senior Member

Re: Re: yo..

You dont have a point.. THAT is the point.

Man I think someone who claims 1200 hobos should at least know if Gemini make a 'scratch mixer'...

Respect to the REAL hobos..

Eat it..

* ahhh... you edit so no one else will see what your other post said.. but anyways, you the one that come on spouting off about skratch dj this skratch dj that.. unoriginal, done before blah blah.. man, so has most of your graff and everyone elses but peeps still approach it with an open mind..

this will be a never ending argument but one which I will gladly defend on behalf of my fellow crabhappy crabaholics..

_defender of the skeratch_

14. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

why would i follow up on gemini's new line of mixers? ive had my vestax for years. im a dj, not a guy who sits in my bedroom scratching over the same duper duck break just ice loop. i think its funny youve taken such offense to a completely general, not to mention spoken in jest comment. but hey man, whatever you say.

15. avils

avils Senior Member

haha, the disclaimer. man, that wasnt jest.. just a completely narrow minded view at another form of hip hop..

Anyhow, isn't this what a discussion thread is ? .. a discussion ?

So lets here you validate your claim...