A Question regarding spray/latex paints

sillysiphilis

Im going to be doing a large scale non-graffiti mural some time in the near future and am curious if any of you guys know of a spraypaint color that almost perfectly matches a latex paint color. I'm hoping for brown or beige, but I can be pretty indiscriminate w/ color. I also don't really care whether the paint is Krylon or Montana.

I just need a flat background color that is workable/fixable without bringing out the freakin roller.

Thanks,

Sillysiphilis

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i think this is the wrong forum for such a question.. but youre never going to get the same color from a can that you do from a bucket of paint.. your best bet.. which albeit is a pain.. is to paint with a roller and a grip of foam brushes... i think foam brushes are the saving grace to really nice even touch ups.

Im going to be doing a large scale non-graffiti mural some time in the near future and am curious if any of you guys know of a spraypaint color that almost perfectly matches a latex paint color. I'm hoping for brown or beige, but I can be pretty indiscriminate w/ color, but black and white is not what I am interested in. I don't really care what the paint is, whether it be Krylon or Montana.

I just need a flat background color that is workable/fixable without bringing out the freakin roller.

Thanks,

Sillysiphilis

yes interior bucket paint you can paint on but sometimes has a tendancy to run of the wall. like if its humid or just rained youll have large straks in the paint and the paint will actually bleed over whatever you spray paint

i dont know if this is always true but ive had it happen to me more than once.

nut ut all vum out in thr emd us juus a\got to relizzzzzze its nt how i beat the game its how yoooous got to go around kiill in shit with aersil cans amanss ets mandsness limelike little people buak trakn all those risks in the big house its just not right!! nut hr drtill id thr best writer out thrh to this day gorth buuut it aint like this always ive been keep in t reeal for 18 yeears u fucks!! :king:

over and out flack face!!! :clown2: :hatred: :clown2: :haha: :haha: :yuck: :haha:

Originally posted by PreTeenBrave@Feb 6 2005, 05:53 PM

nut ut all vum out in thr emd us juus a\got to relizzzzzze its nt how i beat the game its how yoooous got to go around kiill in shit with aersil cans amanss ets mandsness limelike little people buak trakn all those risks in the big house its just not right!! nut hr drtill id thr best writer out thrh to this day gorth buuut it aint like this always ive been keep in t reeal for 18 yeears u fucks!! :king:

over and out flack face!!! :clown2: :hatred: :clown2: :haha: :haha: :yuck: :haha:

Yeaaaah ...What he just said.. :haha:

Originally posted by KiLL Or DiE+Feb 6 2005, 08:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KiLL Or DiE - Feb 6 2005, 08:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-PreTeenBrave@Feb 6 2005, 05:53 PM

nut ut all vum out in thr emd us juus a\got to relizzzzzze its nt how i beat the game its how yoooous got to go around kiill in shit with aersil cans amanss ets mandsness limelike little people buak trakn all those risks in the big house its just not right!! nut hr  drtill id thr best writer out thrh to this day gorth buuut it aint like this always ive been keep in t reeal for 18 yeears u fucks!! :king:

over and out flack face!!! :clown2:  :hatred:  :clown2:  :haha:  :haha:  :yuck:  :haha:

Yeaaaah ...What he just said.. :haha:

[/b]

haha yeha i agreee with KOD LOL HAHAAHAH

no not even a flat black.. as far as i know.. its never going to match..exactly..but you may get lucky and get close.

also.. he is asking if there are a wide variety of aerosol laytex paints.. i've used aerosol laytex paint before..its ca ca.. and there are very few colors.

what you can always do is select a color of spray paint that you want to work with then take that can to a lowes, home depot, or any other place that mixes custom colors of paint. They will sample some of the paint as a swatch and custom mix a bucket color to that. Keep in mind that for a 5 gallon bucket of this it will be a bit pricey unless you know someone that can mark it as a mis tint for you.

Actually, they make exterior latex enamels, which are very durable and MUCH easier to work with than oil based paint. But the only straight off the rack color you are going to be able to match is a semi flat white. Your best bet is to go to a paint store and get some sample chips, then go home and spray over one half of each with whatever you think will match until you find some thing that works. If nothing comes out right, get a custom mix, as they can match pretty much anything at a good paint store. Also, don't sleep on touching up with a foam brush at the end... that shit cleans up a piece real nice.

Rusto makes gallons of a lot of their spray colors. It's pretty easy to find the safety colors, plus black, smoke gray and white. They aren't cheap for a bucket, but the color matches perfectly with the spray version. Some of the best rolling paint you can find, too.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...