Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

A proposed bill would put internet song swappers in jail

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Poop Man Bob, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

http://au.news.yahoo.com/030717/11/kvue.html

Sooo ... how are they going to jail a quarter of the US population?

2. i11igul

i11igul Senior Member

yah fo real, god damn metallica and other whiney ass bands who music aint sellin that good anymore complain like bitches

3. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

it'll never go through

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seriously dude, thats why i fucking stockpile guns.
    fuck america.

seeks/the whole 'fuck israel' thing still stands as well

5. JimmieWalker

JimmieWalker Senior Member

Maybe the problem wouldn’t be such a big deal if they didn't charge $20 for a cd. I mean come on...it used to cost them what a dollar or two maybe to make a cd and they charged $15. Now it might cost them quarter or two and they are now charging $20. Greedy assholes.

6. JimmieWalker

JimmieWalker Senior Member

If it does I will never buy a cd from a mojor lable again.

7. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

iggidy iggidy-xactly.
    if a cd was only 9 or 10 bucks, i'd buy it, but fuck spending 18 dollars on a cd that's gonna suck for the most part anyway.
    not only do record labels need to quit being fucking greedy, but they also need to quit signing bands that fucking suck, and if bands expect to make it, they need to not fucking suck themselves.
    artists whine because they cant eat of their music, well, thats because you music sucks you pathetic piece of shit. you got signed cause you had tattoos and a bad-hair-day that sony mistook for cutting edge style.
    get the fuck outa here with that shit.
    die, fucking die.

seeks/oh, and while you're at it, die some fucking more!

8. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i just don't think it will pass...take, for example, kazaa, they can't shut kazaa down because most of their servers are in other countries...soulseek? well, soulseek doesn't have any servers blasting out music, it's literally peer-2-peer...i dunno, fuck metallica, fuck dems and the g.o.p. fuck 'em all.

9. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

seeking, it's all about the pop factory...they try to turn out more sausage and hot dogs and forgot about the people that like pizza.
    weird analogy, but you get the idea...

10. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

another fucking thing, is that i cant believe that this is even being fucking considered. jail time for exchanging songs? are you fucking kidding me? rapists get set free and people that trade music get sent to prison? i thought this was supposed to be a 'capitalist' society, i mean, thats how these companies are able to fucking rape everyone they come in contact with, yet they turn around and beg the government for legislation?! fuck you.
    seriously, shit like this makes me so crabby, but i also realize how powerless we are against it....which makes me want to break shit and shoot people in places of authority even if they have nothing to do with anything.
    ok, im gonna go get some food before i kick my monitor in.

11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

it's not even 'pop' music thats really the problem. that stuff is usually pretty consistent in quality. i mean, if you like one n'sync song, your gonna like them all. it's shit like fucking 'puddle of mud' and 'nickleback'. these bands that front like they're rock, or indy, or god knows what, but really are just piece of shit with stick on eyes and scarves like mr. hankie.
    fuck them.
    ok, food now, for real.

12. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

that's the whole thing, seeking...those bands...nickelback, etc...they are all part of the pop factory, too. that's why they were signed...they had that "it" that "the kids just love"...
    ok, here's a personal example...311
    i used to love 311...i saw them in ATL alot when they just played hole in the wall clubs had the first two major label releases and some of their old demo's...good stuff...someone at the factory got ahold of them and they started changing around their third album. nick was being marketted to little higghschool girls and mtv picked up on that shit like it was a golden turd. 311 was forever ruined...i'm sure it went the same way with other bands...what was that one pop rock band that had that song about meth? holy shit, they had it bumpin' on mtv and the radio the whole time...it was catchy, but it was about doing a shit ton of crank...ha! they got one over on the pop factory...rambling again...damned hot and sour soup gave me a bad case of the shits and i'm trying not to think about it.

13. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

i remember in the early 90's being able to pick up a CD for like 11 bucks.
    I don't see how they can justify charging twice as much now that the
    technology has become much cheaper in creating Cds. I really like the
    rage that you are feeling right now mr seeking. It gives me hope.

14. crave

crave Veteran Member

perhaps jail time is out of the question for most. but i could see them slapping fines on people left and right. maybe repeat offenders would get some time.

i dunno, i hope that shit doesn't make it through.

15. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

They have to catch me first. Using proxy servers makes finding the source of a request a rather mundane task. They may catch a few people, but they will never catch everyone.

You all want to know the answer to thwarting their effort? >>>>encrypted IP tunnels and VPNs