By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

  1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

    If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

    Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

A new freight fan.

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by Fugazi, Aug 9, 2002.

  1. Fugazi

    Fugazi Senior Member

    Joined: Dec 17, 2001 Messages: 1,298 Likes Received: 1
    Yes, that's right, my toy ass now loves freights. For the last few years I never really cared about them, until yesterday. I went to the local yards and 4 trains rolled by in a matter of about an hour, giving me the chance to take 40+ pictures. SABER/DIAR/JASE/METAL/ARYS/CHUNK/NEON/SMOG/KAPUT/EMER/BERS/TEKEN and so many others I can't remember right now but the flicks will be here soon. I was especially excited to see 2 full color GKAE's from 1995 or so. A big thanks to my SLR camera for allowing me to take quick, precise shots. I know 99% of you don't care, and just wasted your time reading this, but to the other 1%, hallelujah, Jesus loves me.

    -the Pope is blasphemus
  2. Ronnie Dobbs

    Ronnie Dobbs Senior Member

    Joined: Aug 6, 2002 Messages: 2,115 Likes Received: 0

    TED NUGENT Senior Member

    Joined: Jan 6, 2001 Messages: 1,868 Likes Received: 1
  4. thrillride

    thrillride New Jack

    Joined: Jul 31, 2002 Messages: 0 Likes Received: 0
    definately post em...saber emer dyar..and fuckn gkae ...fo shizneazy:D :D :D
  5. CAPS

    CAPS Member

    Joined: Oct 23, 2001 Messages: 658 Likes Received: 0
  6. canfucker

    canfucker Junior Member

    Joined: Nov 7, 2001 Messages: 227 Likes Received: 0
    That's where it started for me, one christmas i wanted a train set really bad. I got it, and l started getting old cars from other sets and then i moved out of the boring 33,000 population shit town at age 11 into one with only one freight line. Well, it's a step up i guess.

    Caps, i read something saying you paint coalcars. I can share my frustrations on that with you.... that's all i've got to work with. Is that the same for you or are you just someone who likes the challenge or something? (those ridges stick out about 3 inches, and there are only 2 paintable panels, etc, etc....)
  7. ElectricitySucks

    ElectricitySucks Veteran Member

    Joined: Jul 13, 2001 Messages: 6,395 Likes Received: 24

  8. CAPS

    CAPS Member

    Joined: Oct 23, 2001 Messages: 658 Likes Received: 0
    Ummmmmmmm...... Well sorta. Our yard stretches for like 4 miles so we have a lot to choose from but it's not like a lot of yards. We have mostly coal mines around here so 98% of the cars are stacked 3 deep with coal cars. I don't mind them, it's just when you see heads that paint nothin but flats because they have sick access to them, I just feel that ribbies are a must learn. If you learn ribbies, you can paint ANYTHING. Some cars have like 6-8 ribs and huge nuts/knuckles so they can be really challenging.
  9. niseNSF

    niseNSF Member

    Joined: Jun 30, 2001 Messages: 570 Likes Received: 16
    what the hell are you guys talking about?!
  10. hyrax

    hyrax Member

    Joined: Jun 24, 2002 Messages: 486 Likes Received: 0
    coal cars fucking suck :( oh well, there's a mix of freights that stop by here (not a full yard just some lame single layup), so it's not like i'm stuck with just trying to paint 3"+ ribs lol
  11. fah-Q

    fah-Q New Jack

    Joined: Jun 26, 2002 Messages: 39 Likes Received: 0
    why the fuck do u have to learn something u dont need, i mean if u got those nice white plastic tanker panels, why paint ribbies, what the fuck is the point, i mean paint what u got but if u got flat panels do what u enjoy for christs sake
  12. Intangible

    Intangible 12oz Legend

    Joined: Jul 9, 2001 Messages: 17,479 Likes Received: 7
    I wanna see these Gkae freights................:(