a moral question

1HalfOfMe

Earlyer today i was at a local spot of mine located next to a factory. i was walking through between lines when i see a freight door semi open. the contents could have been stolen by anyone who had enough room in their car. I was having a pretty good day attributing it to karma so i made my moral descion. i drove to the factory security gaurd and told hi i was walking through and what i had seen. the contents obviously was from the factory so i thought he would be the best person to tell. afterwards he asked for my name and i just laughed and left. i thought if the contents was stolen it burn the yard and ruin my "chi" for the day so i did what i thought was right.

would you have done the same.

ps, the contents was bud light :D . and i am not in a beer drinking phase rigth now

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hmmm. I dont think I would have told the security guard I was in the yard, that would bring up questions as to WHY I were there, not to mention that if he realises you are wandering in their yard AND some people are jacking shit from the cars he would make sure to keep an extra eye on the trains, sounds like you kinda burned it to be honest. He'll probably tell his supervisors, and they might do something about it. I woulda ignored the theft and paid my daily karma elsewhere, but whatever makes you feel better.

^^...bud light sucks...if it was rolling rock it would have been a different question...

...i don't think tellin a guard is gonna blow your spot up too much...and i don't think you gave him your name, right?...just remember that if you ever do have interactions like this that you can be sure to play the railfan role just right...if you look like a graffiti writer than you shouldn't even bother with tellin anyone or doing anything...just move on...it also depends on what kind of spot this is for you, a spot you paint, or just take pictures at...if a lot of other people in your area go there too, you need to think about how your actions affect that spot for them as well...and if karma is your issue just think about all the communities where anheuser bush has laid off tons of workers and realize that they deserve to have a few cases jacked every once in a while...

...ps...i've heard some funny as hell stories about derailments involing beer loads...i'm sure you can imagine...

realistically speaking, and I love beer, especially yuengling..If that was me, I would have kept on walking, and ignored it. Stealing a case of beer isn't worth it, come'on, your fines would equal 10x what a case would cost you in a store. I would have never mentioned it to the security guard, this only shows unwanted presence/tresspassers in the yard/layup, I think that was a dumb decision. You tried to be a good samaritan, but at the same time, you kicked your nuts up your throat..well atleast your heart was in the right place..:dazed:

well atleast your heart was in the right place"

haha..great line and i see where all you are comming from but this yard is probably the most burned yard in my city. burned since 93 someone said on here. they know that people are in there. i asked another fr8 head about this and he said he had the same experience a couple years ago and him and his friends jumped in to get the beer, and to their dismay it was all loaded with empty bottles. dont think this was the same with my case but just a bit more random info. and i didnt give the gaurd my name

Guest imported_b0b

Godo for you, nothing wrong with doing the irght thing sometimes. Hopefully this means if the guard see syou int here in future he'll leave you be or cut you some slack as you proved trustworthy.

once, i drank a few cans of the nastiest, warmest, pissiest, mexican beer ever out of an open gt box. i was just walking around, benching chugging the bitches. i dont recommend doing this often, but once in a while wont hurt. funny there were a few empty cans in front of the boxcar too. looks like hobo harold had similar opinions.

I would have kept walkin..but that's just me.

Once i walked up on these kids at a spot smashing cases of spaghetti sauce all over the boxcars..I told them to get the fuck out of there and they of course proceeded to do so...me being a somewhat scary looking guy to little kids. I then decided since they already smashed many cases..that taking a couple wouldn't hurt. Hahaha.

I probably would have been doing the same thing if I was their age though..

Bud Light . . . i was piecing a daytime wall next to the line and one came through and was sitting there for a minute. so i walked the length of both sides to get my flix and afterwards im just waiting for it to pull out so i can finish. then as im waiting, i look down the line and see like 14 illegals and their ladies all running through this fence. they came right up to a boxcar and opened the door. i was bugging. i knew what they were doing but i didnt know what they were taking. so i walked down and they saw the can i had in my hand but they all got freaked out anyway. so i told them not to worry and then i realized that theyre all racking 12 packs of BL! i was like let me get some too and this one fool gives me a boost and i tossed down all i could carry. they all ran off but i had mad brews so i stuffed all i could into my bag and grabbed as many packs as i could and went home. i was drinking for days for free.

huh??

well said robert....DELETE...anyhow my opinion... if it woulda been an 18 wheeler..yes i woulda taken it...the yard or even some randon spot..nope...noooo waaaay.... and if it was bud light in that 18 wheeler...no i woulda left it...maybe guiness or new castle..but off the train fuck no man..i wouldnt have ..anyhow yes you are stupid if you take it....i dont this the thread starter told him his name...he said he just laughed and walked away..i am making no sense..but hey it's mardi gras so who fucking cares!

Originally posted by TrainPersonx

Just keep your ass outta my chill ass spots:lol:

seriously! and by the sounds of it, if it were anything else you WOULD have taken it.. and why the heck did you talk to the security gaurd?

Simply noticing it and laughing to yourself as you kept walking would have been the best move in my opinion.

ps - and from a beer drinker standpoint budlight blows. i'm all about the becks or st pauli girl at the moment. (but would i blow up my spot for 6 beers, or 40 for that matter??? HALL NAW!)

my morals are more along the lines of not stabbing my friends in the back.

i think morality has little to do with choosing not to rob an open freight full of beer you didn't want anyway..

sometimes though, that old adage is right on..

no good deed goes unpunished

something i think about usually right before i decide to keep my mouth shut...

2cents.

Originally posted by SterOne

mannnnn i would of threw one hell of a party....nice to have friends with astro vans in those situations!:D

i went to a party that was thrown with all stolen beers from trains.... there was a refrigerater full of kilian's:lick: :crazy:

Archived