Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

a manifesto

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by NeverSleep, Apr 12, 2004.

1. NeverSleep

NeverSleep Member

money dictates the survival of the fittest. we are slaves to the free market. we will spend the time of our lives in efforts to accumulate money (which has imaginary value) to buy useless things in order to fill a void we have within ourselves. society was created because humans were too lazy and weakminded to evolve to the next level of thought, and needed to create something in order to pass their time on earth. no one is really free. we are trapped under layers of social fabric which has continued to persist, grow, and destroy for hundreds of years due to the dominance of our species over other organisms. we come to this world with nothing but ourselves and will die just the same. i refuse to live by constraints determined by those who have no concept of what my reality is so that i can serve their best interests. we leave marks behind in attempts to create a legacy of our insignificant existences.

sometimes you need to let the ground break below you and abandon every notion you've been told as truth to really know where you stand.

2. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

smoke another one chomsky jr.

3. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Are you going to, like.....start blowing things up now?

4. NeverSleep

NeverSleep Member

haha. no. thats just what came to my head when i couldnt pay attention to the biology lecture about human wastes today.

5. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

have a little more fait.
    I wrote a 'manizesto' once.

6. bathoræ

bathoræ Member

:lol:

7. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

8. metallix

metallix Elite Member

Your proceeding in the correct direction. congratulations on reaching this point so far. the first step in any de-conditioning process is to QUESTION REALITY.
    Your argument is OK however you might want to make distinctions between social and economic sectors of humanity.

Every system has it's slaves. the fundamental nature of humanity is there are more wants then needs, so someone has to work for it.

[i refuse to live by constraints determined by those who have no concept of what my reality is so that i can serve their best interests. ]

resistance is the crucial element here.

congratulations on a successfull attempt at whatever you may be doing, let's not put labels on it..

keep in mind your using a materialistic mode of expression to express your anti-materialistic view point.

9. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

10. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

beware, relativism can cause you to sink into a "hole" that is your own thoughts. or maybe that's just me. i remind myself sometimes that enjoyment and happiness should be taken from the act of doing, instead of having. i think that part of the reason i don't have a problem with that (most of the time) is because i've always had to do without many material things. the commercial garbage that seems to infiltrate our enviroment doesn't effect me much. i used to have sort of a problem with this, in the way of having collections. i would be obsessed about whatever i was collecting at the time, but then i would move on to collecting something else. i quit that when i became intrested in graffiti, which became my new obsession.

11. villain

villain Veteran Member

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v82/agentarcana/anacalypsisCover.jpg'>

I like Hakim Bey's idea of going back to paleolithic society. Not like a destoy all civilization primitivist but the social stucture of paleolithic man as opposed to this heirarchial one we have now. Even if we could get the christians to revert from their patriarchy back to their "pagan" roots of matriarchy. That alone would do the world alot of good. Too bad the native americans don't still control this half of the world.

12. BigOatser

BigOatser Senior Member

white devil slave master

13. NeverSleep

NeverSleep Member

Re: Re: a manifesto

one can only question reality so many times before they end up back at square one. i've come to realize that "reality" is whatever you perceive in your head. if i think that someone is being an asshole, then they're being an asshole. someone else may perceive it a totally different way, making their reality of the same incidence entirely different.

as far as making distinctions between economic and social, the two of them are entirely intertwined so to separate them seems pointless. your economic standing determines how you may exist in society. you may choose resistance, but where will you go? unless you find an uninhabited piece of earth, you'll be forced to deal with consequences of society, whether it be being put in jail for breaking laws such as sleeping on "public property" or not being able to eat because you can't hunt or grow food, you have no land. in this way, we are slaves to the free market, either you use it to get by or you resist and die off. this slavery is what perpetuates our existence.

i have long since accepted these things. it all boils down to how you want to live and playing the game accordingly in order to get the results you want. today was the first time each individual realization came together to make total sense to me, and i was so excited i brought it to 12 oz.

it's not that i dont have faith, its that understanding these things allows us more freedom. once we can think further than what we've specifically been told, we can find the answers ourselves and believe something because we know it, not because we have faith that the answers are there. and on the other side of that arguement, we won't ever know anything past the capacity of thought given to us. so, we can think and hypothesize forever but the only answers we can get are the ones in our head which may or may not be right.

when i get to this point i decide that i dont care anymore.

i think entirely too much for my own good.

14. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

illuminati controls you all

15. I remember when I was 16 and thought I had it all figured out like this.

You'll soon snap out of it. Or not.