A.I. (the movie)

brown twinkie

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

man, fuck this movie and fuck steven speilberg. this was kubrick's script and it is supposed to be his "masterpiece" but then he fucking died and speilberg picked it up, COMPLETELY changed everything about it (its basically a new script) and hypes it up as his newest work of pure genius. stan must be turning in his grave. i hope a zombie kubrick eats speilberg's brain.

Originally posted by scienxe:

man, fuck this movie and fuck steven speilberg. this was kubrick's script and it is supposed to be his "masterpiece" but then he fucking died and speilberg picked it up, COMPLETELY changed everything about it (its basically a new script) and hypes it up as his newest work of pure genius. stan must be turning in his grave. i hope a zombie kubrick eats speilberg's brain.

haha, wow, you must be like kubricks little inside nephew or something...

so back to the movie.

scienxe, i'm interested to know how you think you know all this info, and why you've got it in for spielberg so bad..........

to me this movie is total hollywood, but finally something interesting has come down the pipes, subject wise.

and jude law is in it too.

maybe i'll get into why this movie really interests me later.

for now go here and spend a good chunk of time: http://www.kurzweilAI.net

what a trip..i just found that book he wrote

THE AGE OF SPIRITUAL MACHINES.

I am kinda bummed about the whole scenario.

Machines are becoming a major part of our lives and eventually (10-15 years) we will be part machine. With neural networks, chip implants and all kinds of crazy shit. I don't really find it appealing.I was thinking about how on the train to work I am surrounded by so many people, and no one, I mean no one says a fucking word to anyone else...EVER! It is so rare to just strike up a conversation with someone now..I mean are we really more comfortable with machines..and message boards, where we are "safe" and no one knows who we "really" are?..I really hoppe that virtual reality does not become a substitute for my REAL REALITY.I know it is inevitable, that huimans are going to begin downloading from computers to their brains,,,that soon a fully mechanized world will control us...and computers will scan our retina to see if it is safe to opne a door for us, and we will have THE MARK OF THE BEAST on our wrist to buy food at a store. The unabomber made some very valid points..it is too far to turn back though.. on a path of no return..

SMILE as we simulate your life to you.

word. you know that its already started. there's some dood in cali i think or somethin'...he has a chip in his brain and he can now conference with a computer using just his brain. previously he was a total wheelchair bound veggie, and yes was a blink, no 2 blinks. now he's sending commands to a computer.....crazy shit, and thats already a few years old.

in my opinion, its just the next logical evolutionary step for us.

its going to get to the point where we've fuckt shit up so bad, and technology

has become so ingrained in absolutely everything that for us to survive we'll have to merge with our own technologies. think about it. what do we do....we procreate and create technology.

we're going to create a new species(robots)too. its fuckin' insane. just think about that for a second..........a species of intelligent robots.......fuckin' insane. this is speculation of course...but.....

i could speculate on this shit all day.

i recommend everyone go and peep out the link i put up........

so much shit is coming down the pipe now. biotech is going to be insane too....

[This message has been edited by brown twinkie (edited 06-14-2001).]

yeah...but the question remains..,is it good? or is it bad?

I am in between on it..I know it is inevitable, yet I am afraid of the powers that control these technologies.Think of how easy it will be when all of our thoughts are read out on a magnetic basis and if we are having "wrong" thoughts, they just re program us to think a certain way.I dunno..it is a trip.I think I may just move to a back woods area with a few trains and a gas stationand get a job and chill..lol..if it were only so easy.

with it all put together: the genetic code being broken, nano chips, bio tech and super computers conducting algorithmic equations almost at the speed of light..we are going to have some crazy fuckin robots.And how sooon until we become the "robots"

Aliens are only humans from the future.

its NOT inevitable. and anyone who tries to put anything in my body will be shot. possibly with an EMP gun. =) i love computers. i may very well be the biggest computer geek on this board, but i will never want any sort of chip in my body. ever. ive been around computers enough to know they dont work all the time.

what would you do if we were all luaghing and some little boy robot busts out with a luagh unlike anyother...like in the comercials..

humans from the future.....?

that movie look like a warfare type movie..fuck the robots!fuck the humans!

if it comes down to that im'a go get some women some guns and go outto the wilderness..

Archived