A History of Violence

Weapon X

I never read the graphic novel by John Wagner, but I hear this is a very worthy adaptation.

This movie was great. I ain't gonna spoil (nor should anyone else), but if you want a really good character study, this is it.

If you ADD kids can manage to sit on your hands for a couple of hours, I strongly recommend doing it in the theatre watching this.

Cronenberg's best movie since The Fly, EASILY.

Also, they managed to squeeze in some serious humour into the flick. I was laughing out loud in the theare, and I rarely do that. Go see it!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My buddy and myself thought the movie was hilarious, but the old people in the theatre didn't quite catch on. Cronenberg fully knew what he was doing.

Oh, man - what a good film.

-------

Tease, seeking said that Lord of War is good, and Corpse Bride has to be decent. I want to see that soon - maybe after Serenity.

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by 8onus@Oct 3 2005, 09:15 PM

word tomarrow is my day off and this is def on the agenda

any one seen the constant gardener? hows that shit?

Its a really good movie but it isn't for everyone. You have to be into cinematography and getting into the head of the people who put it together. The story is decent but too many emotional moments make it feel slow...

See it, but don't expect anything before hand...

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus@Oct 4 2005, 06:04 AM

I'm a Cronenburg fan, liked his shitty old movies like Scanners and Videodrome. I didn't even know about this movie, I don't watch TV anymore so I don't see trailers unless someone tells me to go find one.

I'll check it out. Sounds nifty.

Scanners and Videodrome are about as far from shitty as it gets. I don't think Cronenburg has made a film that I didn't like, and I've seen them all.

This one was great.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I haven't left the theater with that quiet air of "holy fucking shit" draped around me since I saw "City of God" in theaters. Absolutely fucking amazing.

Also, I agree 100% with King Bling about "The Constant Gardener".

this movie looks really good.

ed harris is the man

such an underrated actor

i'll take the advice

however,

i think the $8 cost of a movie is not worth it anymore.

it's gotta be some special effects/cinematography monster to be worth that price

no?

unfortunately, my not going to see quieter movies in the theaters will only serve to undermine the studios' motivation to make smaller films.

Originally posted by KING BLING+Oct 4 2005, 12:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KING BLING - Oct 4 2005, 12:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-8onus@Oct 3 2005, 09:15 PM

word tomarrow is my day off and this is def on the agenda

any one seen the constant gardener? hows that shit?

Its a really good movie but it isn't for everyone. You have to be into cinematography and getting into the head of the people who put it together. The story is decent but too many emotional moments make it feel slow...

See it, but don't expect anything before hand...

[/b]

is it a "12 bucks a pop for me and my girl both = 24 fucking clams" really good

or is it a "naw fuck that get that shit off the truck" really good