A guide to bushopping

B_As_In_Bot

Bushopping for idiots

Before reading, you should know that I make a lot of generalizations here, they are based on my experiances and observations.

Unless you find a way to come up on a pass, which seems to be getting harder and harder hopping busses is a waste of time and money these days. Ive seen drivers give out stacks of transfers to thier friends, or let there friends on free. These bus drivers are worth befriending!

Cameras.. I really dont see them as a terrible threat, their main purpose is to deter acts of violence, muggings, rapes and drug addicts. Of course graffiti is in that category too, but often overshadowed by these more serious criminal offenses. If your so paranoid and think transit authority really gives damn about it, you can always use large bags/portfolios/clipboards/books/binders to block view of the dirty deed..

Windowing w/ scribes, and etch are the most offensive acts that bus graff has to offer - If they driver does his job well, he will notify the police and try to put your unsuspecting ass in jail, or y.a. Try to only do these when the bus is completley empty..

Marker tags, most of which to the driver's knowledge arent indelible, bring a lower temperature of heat on you. If your seen getting up with markers, or scribing the floor's surface (least offensive type of scribe) The driver will usually just give you the boot. In these situations, the best idea is to remain calm and try as hard as you can to conceal what you can (like your face, and skin pigmentation)

Stickers, nobody should really give a damn about stickers because of how much the american public stresses that graffiti be confined to only paper/canvas/designated areas..Anyone who has a decent quality tag/throw should get ups with labels. shit - theyre free, only the pigs and Vandal Squadrons really wanna catch you using them so they can put a face on your tag. A good-hearted graffer should have abundant stickers that leave ones mark every place they go, if your at a party location - be blowing shit up with labels every 5 feet.. Fun while drunk! If anyone asks, say your friend broke you off with half his stash or something..or say you bought them

Uniformed pigs are easy to catch, but suspect anyone who looks adult and watches you. The very young and very old seldom pay attention to you, if you get on the bus and one eyes you, candidly eye them back twice as hard and USE YOUR BEST JUDGEMENT!

Beware of snitches, never let your gaurd down on anyone slighty resembling a good samaritan - theyre usually the ones all up in your bussiness. They might be trying and converse with people on the bus, or worse yet giving you suspicious looks, talking while looking at you among friends or silently exchanging glances with you. Learn how to watch people's eyes through the reflection of the glass. If you find yourself in a situation where a snitch has seen you commit an act of beautification and is making his way up to the driver, you can always pull the chord and yell loudly at the driver, in order to drownd the snitch's voice's out. Say something like: "Excuse me driver, I need to be let off immediatly, My wife is in the hospital having a c-section and I just saw my friends car at the other stop on the other side of the street.." (or some b.s. like that)

This can be avoided very easily if you know when to hit up on a bus..

The best times to time to do your thing is when the following conditions have made are applied to your situation:

-The bus is approaching its next stop (especially if your marker smells) timing your act of beautification is key, so make it happen during a time where you could quickley get off the bus at a designated stop.

-Nobody who gives a shit is looking (people with open containers of booze wont object, people rolling blunts or selling contraban wont object, punks/skaters/hiphoppers/illegal immigrants shouldnt either, happy go lucky joe taxpayer, wearing a big smile will object. You can never be sure with bums, gangsters, in particular cholos and other more territorial & aggressive *jailtime types)

*There is fine line between a music&culture lover and thug people fresh out of the pen, who often have no other choice but public transportation. Again, your race becomes a factor, If your caucasian and a caucasian ex-con realizes what it is your doing he could snitch, he might confont you and become violent if you make feel any more disrespected, these people tend to be easily infuriated. Remember where these guys are coming from, unsegregated prisons that create a form of racism where all races stick together, or your somebody's white bitch. To them your are disgacing them by being the same race doing something generally associated with the hiphop/black culture, hence the term race-traitor. Bottom line - these people can be very ignorant and aggressive. Particluar gangs have "greenlight" on all taggers, that means they will try to harm/kill you. Then again, they might be an ex-con just released after doing time for felony vandalism. Then you just might end up passing them your marker, and breaking them off with labels..You never know

-There are no pigs in patrol and *UC cars

*Be aware of undercover rides in each area you may visit by benching yourself in front of the courthouses and pig stations, for a full week or more) Always look for exempt plates, sirens/lights equipped in the cars interior. Study the pig's features if you can..Binoculars as well as other forms of surveillance (digicams/lenses ect... are all very keen, probably expensive too. If youre so inclined, get thier shift times down, follow them to their houses, find out who they associate with. Watch them like the FBI could watching you..

Being the only person on the bus means your the only person the driver is gonna look at, so dont move around too much in his field of vision, that means you should always take note of how the driver has his mirror set, as well as the mirror at the backdoor. If people are ont he bus and you need to move, move as they move - using them as cover. Some drivers never take thier eyes off the road, unless they hear a ruckus. If one happens to see you and you make eye contact always yell the word "Truck" or the sentence "Oh my god, that little girl just got hit by a car!" Once they turn thier head - you should bolt.

Latenights some drivers will turn on the Discharge Only marquee, sometimes they turn off the lights too. No lights will give you the cover of darkness, take advantage. If youre the only one on board, or theres just a few other people with you make a bogus request to have them turned off. For example: "Driver, I wouldnt normally ask - But Im experiancing a terrible migraine headache, and the flourescent lights really hurt my eyes." If they refuse to do so, tell them youll make a complaint to their supervisor..If they still wont do it - actually make a complaint, especially if you were the only passenger, complaints = leverage.

These times are all fine and good, but the best time - as we all know is when the driver leaves his/her coach unattended. There may be several reason why they left..lunch,bathroom, personal phonecall and so on..Still be aware of the pigs, If you can - turn your back to oncoming traffic and and flow fast as possible. If cops are around, you can still hit shit up, just make sure they cant see you doing it, stay off the windows.

If a driver ever tries the old stop & lock you in, waiting on the cops to arrive method (worste case scenario).. Simply force the door open, or pop an emergency window out, threatening the driver, reguardless of their sex/age is never a good idea. Once youve gotten away proceed to get the fuck out of dodge, common sense should tell you to alter your appearance anyway you can, stash/ditch anything that may incriminate you (storm drains are better dumpsters and tossing shit on top of a roof is better then bushes)

Reversible jackets are handy .. If you really want to, wear a reversible jacket over a zipper jumpsuit. They are available at certain army/navy, surplus, thrift, or workwear shops, "1-800-DICKIES" has what you need if these places arent in your hood, request a catalog.

Looking around for these certain things, and positioning yourself correctly may become a second nature to you..that is all well and good. There are many things you need to look for. Use restraint, dont get caught in the moment of joy and let your guard down. Never become so comfortable on the bus that you forget what youre doing is considered a crime. (its petty, but still lawbreakin')

Making friends on the bus, especially those who take interest in your graphical talents is a good thing, if you can get them to condone your actions - they may pose as lookout, or cover.

So what kind of bus drivers make the most stops? The overweight kind. These drivers constantly eat N shit through their shifts. If you have a whale behind the wheel, just chill back till you come up on a weiner schnitzel, put up some stickers or tags..Sometimes the smallest labels stick the longest..small ones work good for the sides of seats facing the street..not easily visible to those on the bus, but highly to those on the road. File folder stickers work well on metal support bars and ceiling crevices. Postal stickers belong near the advertising/light bar section, stairwells and backs of seats parallel to the windows. If you dont want to get on the bus, just hit the outsides with cans, markers, or scribes in an ambush type maneuver. The busbooks should tell you all the waiting points.

Back in the heyday of bus graff, it was cool to have a crew member throw himself in front of the bus, forcing the driver to come to hault while the rest of the crew quickley went around the bus getting hallows&tags. This technique works through intimidation - the number of people keeps the driver from being a hero. These days however technology has made it a lot more difficult. Crew members would even battle eachother this way, inside the bus and outside.

Sidenote:

I cannot stress enough, how much safer everyone should be. The law is trying to make graffiti a major crime. The safer we are, the better chance we have overcoming this demon. Make your presence known, but be stealth about it! Dont end up hospitalized, dead, or even worse..in prison. If youve just started the game, you should know that people really hate crap graffiti, and they hate it more when you get outa control with it. The good writers hate on you twice as hard, and pay you no mind - so theres no point in doing it illegally. Just give it a lot practice before you humiliate or incriminate yourself.

We all know it takes a certain ammount of guts to wreck a bus up, but if you want longevity in this game you have to be smart about it. If you dont have what it takes (confidence and patience) go right ahead and put yourself into jeopardy. Dumbasses get caught slippin' - the ones who are on deck with expressing their talents remain. Everything

Ive said is sound advice. Ups on a bus are just that.. ups on a bus, they usually dont last long - How you get them is on you. The longer we stay in it - the stronger we all become.

Now I'll be taking questions, and hearing suggestions. Please keep your other comments limited to safety tips/ideas..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bushopping for idiots

when catching tags with a smelly marker, if weather permits, crack a window. if all else fails, try to get a hold of "candy ink." as someone said before, everybody likes the smell of candy.

another "driver-not-watching" time is when said driver has finished collecting the zone charges, and is going back to the front of the bus.

try to come up with a handstyle that flows easily for quick application. however, don't use this as an excuse to have an ugly tag.

also, the buses in my area all have a direct line to the police, so they may act as if they didn't see anything, but at the next stop, you get lead off the bus in cuffs.

don't fuck up.

a whole guide to bombing on a bus!!??.....just do it, obviously you need to know when the driver wont be looking and all that but a whole guide??...a good time is if the bus stops and loads of people are getting on...the cameras film the back door to see if anyone tries to jump on... and the driver is busy lookin at tickets....

On my transit system, the only thing that runs is scribes. I'm sure if you hit up a silver mop from time to time, it'd run for a bit until the buff squad came, but i never see those myself. Scribing is about the easiest thing to conceal unless you're doign it on the windows - make sure you're using something very small and easily concealed and just act normal while you're doing it.

Don't get caught scribing a bus shelter's window as the driver comes up to stop...

bushopping

i think the best method to use is common sense, dont bust out mops and markers when someone is looking at you. pay attention to your surroundings, always, no excuses. common sense and open eyes is the best way to avoid trouble, on and off the bus.

enk<<

>>mfk

:D

Originally posted by HOVIE

just do it, obviously you need to know when the driver wont be looking

Please disreguard every word Ive put into this thread and "Just do it" only when the driver cant see you..I strongly advise you to use only etch.

Think of the safety tips I provided here, when your rectum is being sutured back together in the pen's infirmary..

:lol:

I dont teach photography, but..

If scribes arent showing up on flicks, they werent done deep enough or you took the flick from a bad angle. Try to take the picture when the light reflects off it just right, or maybe try a flash. Ive never had this problem using manual cameras on deeply embedded scribings. Digicams can be difficult due to choppy pixilations..

Guest imported_b0b

To flick scribes you want the light shining on the scribe and a dark background out of the window (or vice versa) so the scribes show up against the background.

^^^ people like you are the ones that end up begging for the drivers to let you out when they lock all the doors cause the other ten people on the bus saw you and told the bus driver people that think that way should be locked into the bus so go right ahead! :D

on the new busses the camera is showing the upstairs when the drivers driving, i had a look at it the other day - it's extremely unclear, i couldnt make out the back row, maybe becuase i was at an awkward angle, but still i dont think they're that clear..

LIke Hoovie said, the cameras on the door when hes letting people off - but remember they still got that mirror thing they can look up at. Although i only ever see them looking up at it when theres a loud bang/shout etc from upstairs.

I do it when people get on the bus, that way the drivers concentrating on doing the ticket, not the passengers.

FUCK THAT THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO HIT BUSES

HIT BUSES DEEP...LIKE 4-7 HEADS...DRIVERS, HEROES, ETC WONT DO SHIT IF THERES 5 FUCKING KIDS EXCEPT KICK YOU OFF

DONT GIVE A FUCK...DONT ACT SCARED...HEROES CAN SENSE PUSSINESS IN YOU AND WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT...ACT LIKE THE BUS IS YOURS AND ROCK EVERYTHING

GET YOUR HOMIE TO STAND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BUS BLOCKING THE MIRROR FROM SEEING THE BACK...ROCK ROCK ROCK

IF YOUR MOBBING OUTSIDERS....GET SOMEONE TO GO STAND IN FRONT OF THE BUS AND ASK QUESTIONS WHILE EVERYONE ELSE FUCKS THE OUTSIDE OF THE BUS UP...DONT WORRY ABOUT BEING CHASED, ITS NOT PART OF THEIR JOB

BEST TIMES TO HIT UP IS WHEN A BUS DRIVER HAS TO LOOK OUT THE FRONT WINDOW TO DRIVE..EXAMPLE- PULLING AWAY FROM A STOP, TURNS

DO YOUR SHIT AND GET THE FUCK OFF...DONT HIT A SHOT AND STAY ON...TAKE NOTICE IF YOU SEE THE DRIVER ON THE PHONE, DRIVER STOPPING THE BUS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET AND DOING NOTHING

GO FUCK SOME TRANSIT UP NIGGGGGA

Originally posted by fuck muni

BEST TIMES TO HIT UP IS WHEN A BUS DRIVER HAS TO LOOK OUT THE FRONT WINDOW TO DRIVE..EXAMPLE- PULLING AWAY FROM A STOP, TURNS

thats what i think, too. especially the whole turning bit. it forces them to look out the side window, not at you. ive also found its better to hit up when there are less strangers on the bus... less chances of heroic types. also if the bus is motion, the drivers are generally looking out the front window and not in the mirror. it maybe a bit harder to get clean tags off while the bus is in motion, but that just seperates the experienced from the unexperienced. plus sometimes sloppy is good.

i could go on forever about bus hopping, but i wont.

i actually like hitting buses when they are crowded...all the people block the drivers vision...usually its all immigrants and youngsters on the back anyways...if your deep people wont do shit

if the driver trips...act crazy...this worked for me yesterday...i rushed the driver yelling "if i dont tag my gangs gonna kill me i dont wanna die man im gonna get killed"...and he let me off

it really all depends on the driver...if the mafuckas wearing his uniform all nice, got the drivers hat on, his sunglasses, hes taking tranfers....hes gonna give a fuck..but the skinny asian drivers...their buses GET IT!@!!

yer your right about who is driving the bus......if the driver is some refuge, he wont do fuck all.....something i heard is that you get one your mates to talk to driver "does this bus take me all the way to..." etc.....so he focuses on you......it worked for them.....but if theres about 6 of your crew goin upstairs on a bus, hoods up and all that, the driver will be on the case......i dont actually think bus drivers give a shit though........this one time, there was about 6 of us on the bus, only 2 of us got bombs- me and my freind....we got off the bus and the driver slowly drove beside us and took a picture with his camera phone..hahahahahhaha.......im not gonna lie, i was like "oh shit" cos we were on our way to school......but then i remembered how shit the cameras are on them phones....

thats why you use a strong permananet ink..so its hard to buff........

theres this spot kinda near me where there is allways at least 1 bus parked outside.....usually 3 or 4...its next to the bus garage and there is allways workers comin out but you just wait and then bomb it.....they do actually run cos ive seen them.....

In the past I made a few mistakes, such as cussing out the driver. If you piss anyone off hard enough - they will stop thinking about their job. I had this one dude ready to fight me, because I said "Mother-fucker" after he kicked me off the bus, he actually chucked my pen at me all hard and shit..