A Grand Don't Come For Free

Jackson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Have it. It's not great.

The first album was a classic but this one is missing a lot of what made the first one good. There was real emotion on 'Pirate Material' and the emotional tracks on the new one just done come off as being honest. There's a straight story to the disc and it doesnt compare because on the first one where every song had a good story, not just across the timeline. The beats are clearly more expensive but they sound a bit overproduced and slighty like 'krunky hiphop'.

It's not bad... but not worth a purchase.

7/10

only got to listen to it once... and more as background music.... so can't really give an opinion yet. their last album took awhile to grow on me.. both because of the diff style and to really get to listen to the lyrics.. so hopefully this one does the same and keeps getting better. i have it on slsk for anyone interested in the dl.

the lyrical content isnt as good.

what I tried poorly to say before:

Each song on the first album stood well alone.

The tracks arent as good alone here and they need

the entire context of the album to really stand out.

I have it. On its own, it's amazing, but compared to Original Pirate Material it's just alright. You really have to listen to the album as a whole, not one song here or there. If i were to give OPM five stars, i'd give A grand dont come for free 3.5 stars.

Also if you liked OPM try to pick up the short remix album that came out between his two full lengths, its called All Got Our Runnins, or something like that.

there were a few songs release on the streets website.

you an find them on slsk or kazaa.

all got our runnins

give me my lighter back

pure garage

weak become heros (Royksopp Mix)

+plus a really good live set of him playing a bit of a mash up.

it's just a 'him' not a 'they' and if you can get past his delivery, there's some great stories being told. Just dont look at it as 'rapping' and you might like it better.

i didn't know if he had people helping w/ production.

but what can i say.. im a rap fan.

and im down for some original flows/styles.. but i just find ol' boy's structure and delivery wack.

if i wanna hear stories, i'll go to slick rick

Guest sneak

Original Pirate Material smacked it...

i didnt really like that fit but you know it tune though...

rest is pretty C-grade in my opinion.

a lot of it seems hit an miss but just listening to his lyrics is great cos hes chattin about things you can really relate to.

the video for the remix of fit but you know its well funny n all, him bombing about on some kids plus other random crap

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

English people shouldn't rap.....

Pick up some , London Posse, Hijack, Demon Boyz, Gunshot, London Rhyme Syndicate, MC Duke, MCMello,Derek B,Funky DL, Overlord X, even some girlies Cookie Crew(MonieLove),Wee Papa Girl Rappers She Rockers ..Will cost you a pretty penny but if you new anything about hip hop you would know mid late 80`s London was Repping on par with most of the stuff comming out the U.S..Even out of London with the "Ruthless Rap Assains"..

We can rap...Next time your over Dazzlin D, i`ll take you to a jam..

Dazzlin D sounds kinda fresh..

Archived