1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

A Graffiti Alphabet

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ENOS2002, Jan 4, 2002.

1. ENOS2002

ENOS2002 New Jack

A Graffiti Alphabet

Discussion started by ENOS2002 - Jan 4, 2002

You should get fellow graffiti artists to send alphabets in the different styles of their writing. It would help people trying to learn graffiti or if they're trying to get better. It would be a help to plenty of people and no sites have one....it would be good.....something to boast about....

ENOS2002 - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Jan 4, 2002

that is seriously G.A.Y.

you wanna bite someone's shit, do it on your own pal

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Jan 4, 2002

The problem with that is. All someone has to do is scan them with the right program and they got themselves their very own font. Plus it's kinda hard for me to do it (creating a font) writing the alphabet. Because I'm not used to writing it. My letters change depending on what I'm writing etc. Besides it would make it too easy for others to bite styles.

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  4. imported_Tesseract - Replied Jan 4, 2002

I dont think enos meant fonts, i think he;s talking about a piece of paper with the whole alphabet in handstyles...
    On a second note, bititng has nothing to do with it.
    I mean if someone wants to bite he doesnt need that, he just bites whatever he sees in walls/magazines/here, whatever.
    I remember a long time ago that a magazine (a euro one, was it xplicit grafx?) had for every issue a letter drawn by 5-7 different writers, kinda like the Alpha battle that was goin on here.
    Shit was interesting and if you ask me it was so profound that it may prevented people from biting and making them study a letter.
    Bottom line, what is it that is so original that you dont want to take the risk in order not to be bitten? Are your handstyles send by god or something? or do you keep your 'inovative' stuff locked so noone can see? I'm sure everyone has been influenced by someones elses hands.
    So whats the big deal?

5. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Jan 5, 2002

Yeah I know what he meant tesseract. But with the fontcreator program all you need is the b/w images and voila you got yourself a brand new font. All letters basically are bitten in some way or another by someone. But I think of mine as almost my signature. So to have all the letters spelled out would be kinda like giving it away. If you want to borrow just look for the letters. But I think that having the whole alphabet would be too easy for people to just blatently copy styles.

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  6. imported_Tesseract - Replied Jan 5, 2002

I actually thought about it some more after i posted and i cant say i disagree with you, although i still believe what i've said in my previous post.
    You're right about one thing, that giving somekind of 'handstyle manual'
    sucks cause no art i made with manuals.
    I just find it interesting in a basis of comparison but it could be lethal for someone to learn with cause if there is one thing that counts in handstyles thats composition and that 'manual' cant teach you that.

7. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

--zeSto-- - Replied Jan 7, 2002

maybe I'm old fashioned about this...

that's the kind of thing that still has to be passed down the line from person to person.
    You cant quantify style or even can control, so why try it with an alphabet.
    There are very few decent 'graf' fonts out there.
    It's not hard to figure out why.

I found a 3D alphabet by SCUM (german?) when I was starting out.
    It confused the hell out of me! I didn't have good simples and was
    trying to rock real 3D. You can imagine how it looked.

Some things can not be transmitted acros fibre optics.
    Style is one of those things. It's like coming here and goin to the bench,
    on standing in the yard with you jaw on the ground.
    Now that's learning.

8. imported_Tesseract - Replied Jan 8, 2002

Zesto, you're right.
    On the other hand though the same thing that could force you to copy something when you're not ready for it extends everywhere.
    Flicks work the same way to. An alphabet is just more appealing cause it creates the illusion that you could write your name in a dope style since all letters are included.
    I doubt that anyone smart enough wouldndt realise how bad and malfuctional that would be, but bottom line, writting YOUR name in a bitten style sounds better than writing GES adding a line to a CES.
    But this whole thing concerns very few in here, so why worry about the wrong use of something when there could be a bad use of everything?
    Bottom bottom line, i find that idea weak. Just because i doubt that anywriter would wanna spend time in making an alphabet of his style, which is a style that constantly changes. Pieces tend to prove style better than anything so...
    Anyway, i for a different reason had made an alphabet and all i'm saying is that posting it could not be more dangerous than any style posted.

9. FROSTY

FROSTY 12oz Senior Member

FROSTY - Replied Jan 9, 2002

no not today mate

FROSTY - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. SatAn's SluT

SatAn's SluT New Jack

SatAn's SluT - Replied Feb 5, 2002

go to www.mrwiggleshiphop.net if you want an alphabet he has gotta few...

i agree with y'all that it creates biting, but it can give mega newbies a point in the right direction... once they have got some style by developing on an alphabet then they'll probably not use it because theirs is better... and anyway even if they didnt have an alphabet to copy from then they'd just bite something they see...

SatAn's SluT - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  11. HELLSATAN

HELLSATAN Guest

HELLSATAN - Replied Feb 24, 2002

i've got some graff texts that have pictures of the alphabet..

12. rhettdec

rhettdec 12oz Junior Member

rhettdec - Replied Feb 25, 2002

everyone bites when they start. if some one says other wise there a god damn lier. i think it would be cool to see how different people write letters. zephyr-".....i'ld take aztec z's jesters r's, maybe modify them alittle bit, thats basically how graffiti evolved, the art of bitting, tastfully, hopefully."

rhettdec - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  13. tue skinny

tue skinny 12oz Elite Member

tue skinny - Replied Feb 26, 2002

tue skinny - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages: