a classy gift or electronics?

casekonly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the problem is that she's been talking about the mp3 player alot, she says, "it'd be the most expensive gift she's getting this x-mas because her folks can't afford to spend much"

i was thinking that she really likes this book, and she's read it hundreds of times, but a first edition would be really cool to put on her bookself...an mp3 player would eventually break, but the book, well, you know?

i'm torn up about it...i dno't know which one...

get the mp3 player... she'll destroy the book, and it only has the price tag that it has because it's been preserved so far, so, let somebody that will truly preserve the book handle that end, get her the player and she'll be stoked, if you guys end up together forever you can get her the book for an anniversary or birthday in the future... respect liturature...

i thought electronics was a classy gift...but uh.....i guess it is compared to a dildo. however if she has been talking about an mp3 player...she prolly wants an mp3 player so she can listen to music wherever she goes...so whichever shes talked more about id say get. but its not like an mp3 player is a bad gift, its a compact music device. i still rock a discman.

Originally posted by Smart

get the mp3 player... she'll destroy the book, and it only has the price tag that it has because it's been preserved so far, so, let somebody that will truly preserve the book handle that end, get her the player and she'll be stoked, if you guys end up together forever you can get her the book for an anniversary or birthday in the future... respect liturature...

you may be correct, but we're both in our mid-twenties, i think she'd take care of a nice book like that. maybe the book can wait until her birthday....it's only a few months after x-mas..

anyway, thanks for all of the advice...

Ah, and looking at the auction... no way... first off, he doesn't use any 'book terms'... books are rated ... 'mint, near mint...fine...etc...' and he offers none of that, he also doesn't mention the condition of the spine, which is important to collectors...

Probably not an out and out fraud but, it's not the original 'first edition'... I wouldn't even suggest picking that up, and I think you'll be suprised at what it actually sells for, most don't know, now you do... act accordingly.

*that is to say, it's a nice edition, but I still think it's the first edition of a reprint, the engravings are nice but... see how the bottom flick is the book splayed out like that, nobody that truly sold nice books would ever do that, that is the way you 'break the spine'

well, just off hand I can tell you that you're talking about the price of a small car... go for the electronics, I can probably look around here in the next week or so and dig up some real info... well, couple of weeks but, yeah... expect large numbers...

but, hey, on the flip, you could probably find that edition for something like $75 - $150 in your local area (those are seriously just guess though, still... probably)... the engravings look good so, maybe you should think about that edition for a little lower price tag...

ok, Smart i've got a price range for you, the price of a nice mp3 player (that takes cd's so she can change them on-the-fly instead of having to upload) would be between 65 and 100 u.s. dollars, what could you find in regards to "alice in wonderland"?

your help is very much appreciated. thanks, man.

Originally posted by Smart

but, hey, on the flip, you could probably find that edition for something like $75 - $150 in your local area (those are seriously just guess though, still... probably)... the engravings look good so, maybe you should think about that edition for a little lower price tag...

heh, you posted this as i was posting my reply...yeah, i think you're right abuot the price...those engravings are what drew me to the book.

this young lady is extremely important to me, and i wish i could afford to buy her a real first edition. the prices must be, as you said, " the worth of a small car." a little bit too much for now, we've known each other for six years in december, and that's a little too much for a little too soon.

Yeah man, I mean an mp3 player is instant gratification... she'll open it

and go OH SHIT and kiss you and love you. The book, she's be like

"haha.... that's nice" and eventually she'll get around to looking at the

date and shit.

MP3 players just keep giving...

Originally posted by S@T@N

Yeah man, I mean an mp3 player is instant gratification... she'll open it

and go OH SHIT and kiss you and love you. The book, she's be like

"haha.... that's nice" and eventually she'll get around to looking at the

date and shit.

MP3 players just keep giving...

ahh, yes, the gift that keeps on giving. i'll wait on buying her the book until her birthday. i'ma have to go with the mp3 player.

Archived