A call for Thesis help....

thecarwreck

I am currently in the process of writing my master's thesis and am looking for some willing participants who wouldn't mind talking about what we all have come to lovingly call 'boxcar art'. This is strictly moniker-based, no spraypaint, but I'll gladly work with those crossover writers (i.e. Navy8, etc.) who do both. This is foremost a photodocumentary. Seeing as there has never really been a serious academic look taken on the hobo/transient/rail art scene, I felt that I should do something about that.

This is also 100% legit... no B.S. involved. If you're down to talk or be photographed I can appropriate funds to get to you (or appropriate an empty gondola, if that'll work). I'm looking to shoot for the next couple of months and add that to my already large stack of stuff that's been shot over the past 3 years. Any and all interested parties, please get in touch. Email is your best bet so send it on this way: mrb5@lehigh.edu and we can go from there. Also, spread the word as I can only talk to the locals (who literally number less than 5). With any luck, this will also be published as a coffeetable-esque book in 2006 (negotiations are a bitch, so we'll see). But there will be a showing of the whole damn thing in early 2005.

Thanks in advance and please get in touch.

-Matt.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

...i saw a film a couple of years back that was all about moniker artists...it had collosus in it amongst others...even bozo texino...the guy had shot it over multiple years...just hopped all over filming...it was really good but i can't think of the directors name or the name of teh film...nelackson saw it with me so maybe he'll remember...

oh yeah! i ve seen that i think. it was all 8 mm movie, you could see bozo toxino asking the workers for which train to hop and the worker would ask in his walkie talkie for a express for special passenger hehe. Pretty fucking cool movie, if only it could've been in color, that would ve been dope.

...i'm not sure if that's the same one i'm thinking of...those names don't sound familiar...but i might be wrong...

...the one i saw was all 8mm and it was shown on multiple screens at once on loops...the audio was also on a loop and played idependently of the film itself...it didn't neccesarily synch with the images...the directo had it shown in a installation type setting that represented a jungle...it was fuckin tight...

...where's nelackson when you need him?...

that video by bill daniels was fucking sick. He had a viewing of it in buffalo where he set up like 6 TV's and was playing 2 different parts simultaniously. Wierd audio/visual stimulation type shit but the footage was some instant classic shit. He had some nice shirts with him when he came through too.

Archived