Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

A bit of a mind bender...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by sneak, May 15, 2004.

1. sneak

sneak Guest

(please bear in mind im using eglish £ here as it was how i was told).

3 friends go to a restaurant for a meal. At the end, the waitress says the bill will be £30. So split between 3 ways, that means each person pays £10.

The waitress goes to the till and lo and behold, theres been a mistake. the bill should have been £25. Being a sly chief, she takes £2 out of the £5 change and gives each customer £1. effectivley meaning that each customer paid £9 for their meal.

Now, if 9 x 3 = 27
    + 2 (the money the waitress took)

and you get £29.
    Where did the other pound go?

2. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

3. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

no they all paid 10 dollars.
    it cost 25 dollars, she kept 2 dollars, and gave them 3 dollars.
    25+2+3=30
    30/3=10
    they all paid ten dollars.

4. Gunm

Gunm Banned

the busboy snagged the last dollar (pound?)

I dunno, I can't figure this one out what not with inflation and the crazy exchange rates these days.

I like to think it ended up in someones' soup

5. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

that 9x3=27 shit is there to throw your mind off. just look at the real numbers. 30 to start, came to 25, 5 dollar change, she took 2, gave them 3, total is 30.

6. KYU

KYU Member

why did she keep the 2? she should have given them each 1.67 back with 1 cent earned

7. $360

$360 Elite Member

*raises hand*

whats a battle?

8. InDY_500

InDY_500 Veteran Member

^^thats the answer right there.......nice job ctrl+alt+del...

9. sneak

sneak Guest

it took me a LONG time to realise whats up!
    props for getting it sooner than me c+a+d

10. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton Senior Member

I don't think this was the first time 12oz saw this problem...
    I seem to remember a thread with a very similar problem ... just worded differently

11. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

What kind of eatery was it? If it was a tittie bar it could be in her panties? :eek:

12. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Totally off the subject, but i just saw Van Helsing.. holy shit did that film suck.. hgoesntly, just fell the fuck off about 2 minutes after the film started.

13. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

I thought it would.