___________FIT

RumPuncher

The average number of chin-ups the american male can do : 1

So that means that for every person who can do 2 chin-ups,

there's a person who cant do a single one. Yikes! I dont want to be that guy!

So what are you doing to avoid becoming that fat dude on the bus?

My Exercise:

3 hours of karate per week

1.5 hours of squash per week

50 crunches/situps/leg raises each morning

+ a shit load of biking around when everything isn't covered in snow.

The Diet:

5 liters of water per day

Greens+ superfood in the moring

A slew of vitamins with omega-3, betacarotein and chronium

I dont drink sugarwater (colas or sweetened fruit drinks)

Modest portion sizes

however I'm still a smoker... so I cant really say shit about being healthy.

but what are you doing?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much do you smoke? because i don't think i could ever live your lifestyle being a smoker. luckily i have a great metabolism, so i'm not fat... but i'm far from healthy. i've been trying to eat healthier, but i get very little excercise, and smoke about 10-15 cigarettes a day.

i I rarey drink soft drinks just 100% juices and water for the most part..food wise I don't eat much fast food. Most of the food I eat I cook myself and I try to keep it somewhat sensible.

as far as exercise goes 10 seconds of vigorous sex every other day or so keeps me fit. that keeping my fingers working on the keyboard.

5-7 times a week

Cardio:

Run 3 miles at 7mph

ABS: 3 sets of 20 reps on a "greek chair" 100lbs

freeweights:

biceps: one hand while standing 25lb, 3 sets, 15 reps

triceps: " " 25lb, 25lb, 3 sets, 15 reps

I'll rotate in other stuff but this is my base.

I don't eat meat or seafood, so I get tons of greens.

You and I are pretty much on the same wavelength. I don't eat processed foods (try not to), fake ass carbs, sugary shit.

I do eat green stuff, chickens, fishes, whole grains, nuts, fruits.

I take select vitamins, with precise IU levels: B-50 complex, vitamin e, antioxidants, multivitamin drink (cap full). I also am taking this pill called Vinpocetine which is good for memory. It's fucking awesome and I do see a positive change.

I do 50 crunches and 50 push ups in the morning; then 50 more of both at night before bed. Plus I box/train at a gym 4 times a week. That shit is a workout.

You should read these books by Ray Kurzweil:

Fantastic Voyage : Live Long Enough to Live Forever

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/157...3972307-5214316

The 10% Solution for a Healthy Life : How to Reduce Fat in Your Diet and Eliminate Virtually All Risk of Heart Diseaseand Cancer

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books

i got a weight bench that i keep my clothes on

i eat McDonalds and other fast food bullshit on a regular

i smoke

but i do get quite a bit of bike riding and walking done

basically i have a high metabolism and im counting on future technology to keep me alive.

boxing is a crazy workout.

Those guys are some finely tuned athletes.

My karate workouts are similar, but not as cardio based.

There's lots of standing in poses and going though basics,

Since I stared smoking againg (around christmas) I find that I

break into a sweat much quicker and I get red when I'm tapped

of oxygen. I need to quit soon. I'm only at like 15-20 smokes

a day, but that's still way too many.

yeah man, smoking is horrible for you. It corrupts your body on many levels, large and small. I advise (not that you need it) that you quit asap. It's a huge inhibitor on the body's ability to excel on a physical level. Funny that you do all that and smoke. But, I think you'll eventually quit for good. Let us know when you do, I'll drink to that. <--my weakness.

Originally posted by source@Mar 3 2005, 08:22 AM

i got a weight bench that i keep my clothes on

i eat McDonalds and other fast food bullshit on a regular

i smoke

but i do get quite a bit of bike riding and walking done

basically i have a high metabolism and im counting on future technology to keep me alive.

This is my life, except i don't have a bench to hang shit on and i don't ride a bike.

My best friend is a fitness instructor, so when i get my shit together and move out soon, i'm gonna get him to put me on a rigorous schedule, cut out all the bullshit and start taking more vitamins too.

Great another thread that makes me want to shoot myself in the head.

Last year, I was all about the fitness. Worked out regularly, played ball everyday, all that shit.

Now, I eat bowls of cheese or mixed nuts right before I go to bed, I go to all you can eat joints regularly, and it is very rarely that I get any real excercise.

A wake up call was being chased recently. I sprained my ankle and had to hide, but boy, my lungs were not having it.

But I'm getting another gym membership soon. I'm gonna get in some decent shape, and be able to outrun cops no problem. I've cut down on smoking and drinking, but that may be just because it's winter.

i gained about a good 10-15 lbs from the beginning of college of just beer.

well thats what i blame it on, because i didnt reallye at more, or crapier..

but i began to drink every weekend.

so...

to get it off.

at least 3 pitchers of brita water

modest proportions of food...usually a sandwich.

no fast food, no fried food, no junk food.

no softdrinks...never liked them anyway.

situps and push ups at night.

my flaw is not using the gym.

when it gets warmer - skateboarding.

Originally posted by Seldoon+Mar 2 2005, 04:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Seldoon - Mar 2 2005, 04:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>

The 10% Solution for a Healthy Life : How to Reduce Fat in Your Diet and Eliminate Virtually All Risk of Heart Diseaseand Cancer

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books

[/b]

i read somewhere that if you keep your body's PH level on the alkaline side it's impossible for you to get cancer. i don't know what you can do to make it alkaline, but it's still kind of crazy to know that it's possible.

<!--QuoteBegin-Weapon X@Mar 2 2005, 05:02 PM

Now, I eat bowls of cheese

nice

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Mar 2 2005, 04:05 PM

i do 180 mediocre pushups a day. i guess thats something. i swear to god i look exactly the same though since i started over a year ago, except i am fatter.

Basically anything involving your own bodyweight as exercise is only going to improve your endurance and tone muscle. If you are actually trying to gain mass you need to work out heavy.

Here's the basic equation=

low weight + high reps= endurance and toning

high weight + low reps= mass building

I hear you villian on the build/tone difference but I just dont know if I believe it.

What's the difference between me doing a pushup (with raised legs)

and me doing a bench press of 180lbs? Really the weight is the same.

Granted 180lbs is really low for the bench, so that's probably the difference.

anyone know what the best exersices are to tone up the lower back?

My health kicks go in bursts. I'll go hardcore for a few weeks, then I'll find some shitty excuse to stop and go back to being an unhealthy slob. But when I do do it, it usually consists of 30 minutes good paced jog every day. I also do about 200 pushups a day. I try and play soccer at least once a week, but I've been slacking on that lately. Diet-wise I've never been, nor will I ever be, a hardcore salad/vegan/Body-Break type guy, but I eat pretty balanced meals so I think I'm OK. The only time I even consider eating junk food is when I'm drunk, and I can usually just drink that feeling away (which is probably just as bad for you). I don't drink pop, pretty much only water or organic fruit juices that my brother steals from his work. I take a 2 Vitamin C tablets, a cod-liver oil, and a mulitivitamin daily. Key aren't those Green tablets like $50 a pop? Are they worth it?

Yeah there you go, welcome to my life. Maybe now that I have a girlfriend I'll take the whole health shit more seriously.....

That's true key... to an extent you can do elevated push ups (we do all this shit in the army) and it will improve you mass wise if that is where you're at in your development.... Eventually you are going to exceed your own body weight on certain exercises so you will have to move to weights. (Though handstand pushups, like the military press will always be tougher than regular push ups compared to benching.)

I guess it depends on what you are trying to do. Probably body weight is a poor example but that is what I base my workouts around, everything relative to my own bodyweight.

For my lower back I use a machine where I sit in an upright position, and I push the bar backwards until I am parallel with the ground and then return to the upright position. It's like a sit up except the resistance is going down instead of coming up.

Without weights you can do what we call the cobra, or the airplane or the million other names it has.... lay flat on the ground on your stomach, and then lift your upper body off the ground without using your arms. Put your arms above your head for greater resistance.