86 hour computer game binge lead to....

Guest SMUGGLER RSH

Guest SMUGGLER RSH

Korean man dies after computer games binge

Seoul

October 10 2002

A 24-year-old South Korean man died after playing computer games nonstop for 86 hours, police said yesterday.

The jobless man, identified by police only by his last name Kim, was found dead on Tuesday at an Internet cafe in Kwangju, 260 kilometres southwest of Seoul, they said.

Quoting witnesses, police detective Oh Myong-sik in Kwangju said the man had been virtually glued to the computer since late last Friday and had no decent sleep and meals.

The man collapsed in front of the counter early yesterday but soon regained consciousness. He then went to the toilet where he later was found dead, the police officer said.

Initial investigation ruled out the possibility of murder, police said. An autopsy was planned.

South Korea is among the world's most Internet-savvy nations with more than half of its 47 million people having access to the Internet. South Korea has some 22,000 Internet cafes, also known as PC rooms.

Many PC rooms are open 24 hours, but no minors are allowed after 10 pm.

AP

Stolen from: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/10/...4061292187.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this dude from Quebec makes maaaaad g's a year playing counterstrike. his name is "grrrrrrrr..." or something like that. In an interview with the Toronto Star, he said that he is a big celebrity in Korea (where he has moved), and kids come up to him and ask for autographs as if he were Jerome Iginla or something. His nights, according to him, consist of nightclubs and computer games, and his days - a university education courtesy of the money he makes off Counterstrike.

holy shit, I can't belive he did that. And at an internet caffe, for over 3 days straight. I wonder what game he was playing..Rip buddy.

my co-worker is humping my leg

i like it

Originally posted by Weapon X

this dude from Quebec makes maaaaad g's a year playing counterstrike. his name is "grrrrrrrr..." or something like that. In an interview with the Toronto Star, he said that he is a big celebrity in Korea (where he has moved), and kids come up to him and ask for autographs as if he were Jerome Iginla or something. His nights, according to him, consist of nightclubs and computer games, and his days - a university education courtesy of the money he makes off Counterstrike.

i dont know why. but this is one of the most fucked up things ive ever heard.

Archived